Alcohol and dieting

After many years of total neglect and countless bottles of beer my belly has developed to a stage whereas it has become a necessity to go on a *ahem* diet. :viking:

The basic premise of this diet is to eat healthy and exercise (durr).

Unfortunately this means no beer. :D

However I still like to have a drink after work and especially when friends come over.

I found this article that has some real practical information on how to include alcohol when dieting.

I know it would be preferable to totally exclude alcohol completely while dieting but I figure if it takes an extra month or so to get to my desired weight while still being able to enjoy a drink then its worth it.

So far in 4 weeks I have lost 4kg and 4inches of my waist while still enjoying a drink or three so something's working :D

stubbs

yay good job stubbie!

way to go

remember to stop before you get so thin u only need 1 stripe on your stripet pysjamas :viking:

:D yeah ok I know realy bad joke

edit : removed a even bader joke

Edited by Erling

you know what?.....you guys are the greatest. :bounce:

My main reason to start this thread was to pass on the site that explains how to have a drink while dieting.

But so far each reply has been encouraging me with my overall attempt at dieting. :)

Thankyou :hugs:

stubbs

:hugs: Stubbie I love that article so much it's currently printed and stuck to the fridge door, maybe I should also slap one on the wine rack :bounce: The thing is as tongue and cheek as it is, there is a lot of common sense in it, also as you can happily say this is working for you. :bow: I hope you carry on till you are more comfortable and still enjoy your odd beers ;)

hehe I'd never advocate suddenly stopping anything that has been a habit for a long time. Personally I think it can be too big a shock to the system. And it will pile back on when you start up drinking gain, better to just simply cut down ;)

Keep up the great work Stubbie :)

*cuts out Alcohol Pyramid and sticks to fridge* :bounce:

Gratz on your success thus far stubbie! Is there a particular training plan you're following? Mug lifting? Bar hop relay? :hugs:

A great thread, Stubbie. I can never hear enough of friends here all making small inroads into their daily challenges. Weight especially seems to be a big one these days, with so many different food items all "yelling" out to us from food aisles, vending machines, posters, tv, you name it.

Who needs T-rex as a predator when you've got high cholesterol and a marked increase in heavy weight so easy to come by. There was a long time that I was fencing, fighting, you name it with my very long battle with smoking, and this latest hiatus for me is one that I'm enjoying, NOT because I've finally "beaten" it...but because...for now...I'm not smoking.

And that for me is enough, as this very pleasant accommodation you've made with the treats of alcohol and delicious foods seems to brought you happiness.

Compromise, balance, accommodation...accord.

Good luck and keep it up, post when you need hugs and cheers, I think this place has great people, and it's been wonderful to see so many of your posts here lately friend.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Way to go Stubbie. :o I have no idea how hard it could be to get rid of a daily habit. My dad is in the same boat as you, interestingly enough what worked for him was a sudden change. He just went from several beers a day to nothing overnight. He says only the first week was difficult, yet I cant imagine how he does it. He liked his beer :)

*goes off to find an article to prove that alcohol consumption enhances memory capacity during exam periods*