Ikariam Game

Yeah, all ships are very slow, though IIRC if you've on an island with a Temple of Hermes, you get +10% ship speed.

'S all set up, I should have enough res for a colony in ~12 hours.

And I think I'll go for a Marble island, as the upgrade cost for a Palace (to lvl2) is 525 Marble & 5.5k wood.

Edit: I've even got an island picked out, one that has a +10% Marble wonder on it.. For future colonies, there's one next door with wine & a +10% wine wonder & another one with a sulphur & +10% sulphur wonder...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweetness .... and I'd like to welcome stubbie into our little group of drunken colonies ;)

stubbieville is at

XX:XX

btw Llama do you think you could edit in our locations in your first post so whenever any joins in the game they wont have to search through pages to see where we are at in the game

Edited by myles

I stopped to research "Wine Press" as my growth rate had slowed badly. I'll have "Foreign Relations" by this afternoon. I have just enough marble and wood to build my embassy straight to level 3, which is the minimum for an alliance. I need to read on alliances but I'm hoping it gives us some wiggle room on the pushing rule.

I'll send Stubbie a boat of crystal... since I'm higher ranked, then it's not pushing. This will allow upgrading of his academy.

EDIT: crud, been reading about alliances and if you believe one poster, there's a bug that's only been fixed on Alpha world. I'll still follow thru and try it myself. Will send you notes ingame when it's time for you to try to apply to me. I'll start by calling it "Sacred", ya'll can suggest other names if you want.

I've got ~21 hours till Foreign Cultures finishes (I had to slow down my research & res production to get enough gold for a colony).

I've currently got a lvl1 Tavern on both colonies & I'm getting 3 growth on my main & 4.5 growth on my marble colony. I may well upgrade the marble Tavern to level 2 to give me more growth (-> more pop, more res, etc) on the marble colony.

I bought to more ships. I'll split my wood between upgrading my own mill and sending to Wankers and Stubbie for them to upgrade their vineyards.

stubbie needs the wood more then me right now ..... I am saving up for a palace right now

Does the military advisor tell you anything? Otherwise might need a hideout and spies.

Okay, this is weird, must be a bug... under troop movements, missions of own units, attack on my own town. I can't attack myself. This is screwy.

I started an alliance....

Name: Sacred

Tag: -S-

Not sure if you can just click on my town to request to join or if you have to have an embassy of your own.

I'm open to other names, feel free to make suggestions.

I think we need an Embassy before we can join. I'll finish Foreign cultures in ~6 hours.

And yeah, I think it was a bug, where my own troops returning (victoriously) were shown as an attacking force.

I am totally treading new ground here guys so please........ no more gifts (though thanks muchly for that which has been sent) :drinks:

I don't know how much time I can devote to this game so I may be of very little use in your current endeavors.

I'm basically just trying the game to see if its my cup of tea (or glass of beer for that matter) :hugs:

stubbs

I am totally treading new ground here guys so please........ no more gifts (though thanks muchly for that which has been sent) :drinks:

I don't know how much time I can devote to this game so I may be of very little use in your current endeavors.

I'm basically just trying the game to see if its my cup of tea (or glass of beer for that matter) :hugs:

stubbs

No problem Stubbs, this seems like quite a slow game anyway, I think you could probably play a fairly low key game by logging in once or twice a day. I don't think we have any endevours atm, other than seeing whether we like it or not.

I joined this game as well. >_<

Ingame account: DarkIndy13

I'm located on [XX:XX]. The island has wine as special resource and wealth should be complete in about 30 mins. :drinks:

:hugs:

That's good to know Indy, Wine is going to be very useful/necessary in the long term.

I've just completed Foreign Cultures & will build some Embassies as soon as I get the stone over from my stone island.

Argh! well at least it's wine and not more crystal.

I'll send Indy the same welcome package I sent Stubbie... crystal and wood. This will allow upgrading of academy.

Wankers, I'll send you some crystal too, in payment for wine. If you can't use it, then put it for sale in your trading post. I'd suggest a price of 10 gold per unit.

ugh sorry guys I have been putting in some crazy hours at work ..... I'll try and keep up with yall .... and yes the crystal is very much appreciated :)

*edit*

cyclops and indy I have 90 wine going to each of you

Edited by Wankers

Cyclops - sending you a boat w/ wood and some crystal. Will send more crystal later. It can be used to expand your academy, accelerating your research. "Well Digging" and "Wealth" should be early research goals.

Wankers - no problem. I'm thinking can keep on track w/ just a few minutes each night.

Good news, Llama was able to join the Sacred alliance. As Leader, I am pleased to announce his appointment to the position of General (seeing as he's the only one who's engaged in battle in Ikariam so far).

I should be able to build an embassy tomorrow and join in the FiGHt! :BlobRed::hugs::D:)

*edit*

I am running on 4 hours of sleep the past 3 days and I am on my 6th pot of coffee lmao!

Edited by Wankers

Ok, I've sent you all some Marble for when you need to upgrade some stuff.

You need to build an Embassy (45 wood, 13 marble, requires Foreign Cultures research) to join an alliance. When you've built that, click on the Embassy & do a search on the alliance (name: Sacred) & (IIRC) click on the icon of two hands shaking. That, I think, is the "apply for membership" button.

Alliances need to have free Diplomatic Points (DP) in order to admit people. It get's this by members donating their DP to the alliance(though I've not worked out how to donate DP to the alliance yet). Players get DP by building/upgrading Embassies (2 DP + 1 per level).

Random rambling/tip: When you do get another colony, build a Tavern (+pop growth) & an Academy on it, as the Academy "stacks" with the one on your first island, and any researchers you have generating Research Points get added together. Also, the low levels of Academy are quite cheap & so a second colony is a good way of getting more research done for minimal wood/crystal outlay.