Ikariam Game

okay here's a thought.

your alliance is still small but why not make Llama your leader.. he's got more points more colonies and more possibilties to accept members into the alliance because he can build more embassies which give you more Diplomacy points :drunkards:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After noticing that Indy's now 100 points ahead of me, I've decided that I'm above the arbitrary rankings of points... I play only for the thrill of the game. :(

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you are Masteff...

:drunkards:

Dred raises a valid point, with more Embassies, I can (currently) give more diplo points to the alliance, I don't mind being a nice peaceful miner, like I am in Ogame.

:thumbsup:

After noticing that Indy's now 100 points ahead of me, I've decided that I'm above the arbitrary rankings of points... I play only for the thrill of the game. ;)

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you are Masteff...

:(

Dred raises a valid point, with more Embassies, I can (currently) give more diplo points to the alliance, I don't mind being a nice peaceful miner, like I am in Ogame.

:4rofl:

I agree with dred as well ..... and lol @ masteff .... I get the feeling he wants us to take him lightly and then bam :drunkards: he is beating all of us ... don't think you can fool me ;):thumbsup:

I agree with dred as well

Hmmm. So Indy and Cyclops, what do you think on making Llama be the alliance leader? I mainly got it cause I pushed my research and Llama was probably asleep or at work when the time came. I will admit that I have the least experience playing an MMO strategy game like this. The only negative to making it be Llama is that his islands are so remote from the rest of us. (I'll put aside the personal resentment at Dred's presumption that more points means Llama would be a better leader and not a simple fact of him starting the game before the rest of us.)

I could also point out... who do we having waiting to get in because we don't have enough dilpomacy points? Fury has a problem not having enough points right now, we don't. Their problem should not influence our distribution of rank.

I'll do what's good for the alliance. How do the two of you vote?

and lol @ masteff .... I get the feeling he wants us to take him lightly and then bam :drunkards: he is beating all of us ... don't think you can fool me ;):thumbsup:

:( this is how you beat the computer in Age of Empires on the hard levels... you have multiple computer opponents, let a couple of them stay ahead of you, the computer targets the strongest player (even if it's another computer player), you build your resource base, then... BAM, you take them with overwhelming force. (Though I confess I gave up on Stronghold:Crusaders because I could never beat one map... just couldn't beat the computer's growth rate.)

Plus all the res I sent the late comers set me way back but gave them a great jumpstart which was good for the alliance. :4rofl: So I win by them being close behind (or even ahead) of me.

I think that later on whenever we need to have more diplomacy points (dp) it would be a good move ... but by then masteff might be way ahead in dp so I have changed my vote in favor of letting masteff be the target for hostile alliances (hopefully never happens but who knows) :drunkards: ...... as a member of the great and mighty -s- sacred alliance I commend thee masteff on giving up precious resources to help his fellow future members to build & build ... lol I could go on & on with that but I will stop :thumbsup::(

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Wankers. But I guess we really should decide the long-term structure now because whomever is going to be leader will have to invest in upgrading embassies. Not that it's tough to do but it is resources that might have gone elsewhere during critical expansion. By having to put more into defenses and embassies, the leader is committing to taking a slower growth curve.

I'd have sent the others res even if I hadn't been leader, so I really shouldn't play that card now.

I guess I need you guys to educate me on how serious and involved this alliance stuff is in this style of game. And we need to decide if we're really going to try to grow the alliance outside of people posting on the FDM forum. If this is going to get big and involved, then Llama's ogame experience will be important. If it's just the five of us (or maybe a couple more), then do we care?

In a way, I'd be happy to let Llama take over, I could focus on giving Indy some points competition.

Gameforge's latest (I think) bowser game: www.ikariam.org

Have only set up an account in server 3 (Gamma IIRC) & am, as per, building stuff.

Edit: Locations:

Llama8 - XX:XX...

Masteff - XX:XX...

Wankers - XX:XX...

Stubbie - XX:XX...

Indy - XX:XX...

Cyclops - XX:XX...

Gintukas - XX:XX...

errr, that's supposed to be XX:XX & XX:XX :drunkards:

I could also point out... who do we having waiting to get in because we don't have enough dilpomacy points? Fury has a problem not having enough points right now, we don't. Their problem should not influence our distribution of rank.

Also a very good point, and let's face it, there's no hurry...

Just a quick note, it appears that cultural treaties are a teeny bit bugged atm. You need Cultural Exchange to be able to offer them, but even if the other person doesn't have CE, they can still accept & you get the cultural goods to use in a museum (which is what's been happening to me), despite the other party being told that they can't accept.

:thumbsup:

Indy - XX:XX & XX:XX

errr, that's supposed to be XX:XX & XX:XX :(

:drunkards:

Numbers aren't really my thing...

:4rofl:

its ok Llama .... you are allowed 2 mistakes and then you must go to the time machine for a timeout ..... but in other news I accepted your your cultural treatie and will be able to build a museum tomorrow at some point :dance2:

The upkeep goes back to normal.

Yup, it does indeed go back to normal. Glad to know we can reinforce our own towns w/out problem. Given this is a beta test, I wasn't ready to leave it to chance. :dance2:

Biggest beta problems right now are just the lack of translations in odd places, especially some of the in-game communications.

Hey you guys why does it say "Unfortunately the maximum number of registrations has already been reached!" when I try to sign up did this happen for you?

Edit:

I checked my spam I waited and I tried different servers aswell, any suggestions?

Edited by berkley
Hey you guys why does it say "Unfortunately the maximum number of registrations has already been reached!" when I try to sign up did this happen for you?

Edit:

I checked my spam I waited and I tried different servers aswell, any suggestions?

Hmm, apparently Gamma's full. I tried Eta and it let me in. Maybe they just didn't have a new world open when you tried? Try again. Sorry you won't be in the same world as us. :dance2:

I regret to report that my marble colony got raided...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg258/m...NewPicture2.jpg

Ouch, sorry to hear that masteff. :dance2:

Edit:

As masteff said it means the server is full. You could try every day or so to register again and hopefully a free slot will open for you to play as well.

any of you guys near to having a 3rd colony? llama excluded of course

I am about 2 days close to doing so. :lol:

I regret to report that my marble colony got raided...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg258/m...NewPicture2.jpg

That sucks! Do you need any help or res or anything?

Where's Kratos located?

From the Highscore:

Total points 332

Master builder 1,327

Building levels 21

Scientists 3,050

Research levels 52

Generals 3,820 (as a comparison, Indy has 6,172 points)

Gold stock 6,654 (this is his actual amount of gold)

Edit: If you've not figured out how to work the highscore filters, this is how. Select the filter you want (Generals, say), then hit submit, then type in who you're looking for & hit search (you can then do as many searches on that filter as you want).

and what exactly is Mogliche Upgrades?

Yet another line left untranslated. :)

Mogliche Upgrades = Workshop Upgrades.

For them you need to build a workshop and so far I see that they cost gold and crystals.

For them you need to build a workshop and so far I see that they cost gold and crystals.

Lots, of gold & crystals.

They upgrade attack or defence on your units & ships. They have 3 ranks.

Hey guys so can I join your alliance?

Which world did you join, berkley? We're in Gamma. You would have to be in Gamma too to join us.

Where's Kratos located?

22:39, town called Grimmhaze, it's one island away from my marble colony.

EDIT: I got attacked in my capital by my neighbor, korkus. Killed all 11 of his swordsmen. I'm counterattacking (harbor blockade and pillaging).

EDIT 2: I found some sulphur near me to buy. I'm close to having enough wood for a palace upgrade. I'll need to rebuild my gold stock after all this combat and buying supplies.

EDIT 3: I pillaged his town and took lots of loot. I'm letting my spy sit in place for awhile before I try to check out his current goods levels. If he's got enough left, I'll pillage him again.

EDIT 4: I should have left it alone. Lost most of my 2nd force. Going to build some more ships to sustain my blockade. As long as my enemy has no sulphur he can't counterattack again.

Here's a good thread on the Ikariam forum, Implemented or not