Ikariam Game

But why should I accept it? this is so much better than 1000 gold. :lol:

No soldiers died this time. Also I need more ships to carry me plunder. >_<

:lol: Go Indy! Go Indy! Go Indy, Go!

Are you using blockades? On the Ikariam board, in a basic-level thread about raiding, it suggests sending a harbor blockade to arrive a few minutes ahead of your forces (of course this takes more work... my blockade took 50 minutes to arrive but my forces only took 20 minutes, so had to wait the difference before sending troops). If your opponent is online, they have a window of time to send their goods away on boats. The suggestion is that a blockade can help prevent this. I also have no idea if your attack forces could be killed in the harbor by defender boats, if you're attacking by sea (it does say they can be turned away, but not if they can be killed).

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I'm not using blockades for the moment. Why?

1. Most people don't have trading ports to save all of their resources yet.

2. They might not even be online

3. I'm attacking people that have low points in Generals (to minimize losses as I'm blind raiding) so odds are they don't have any ships to defend the harbour.

Also if I understood correctly, ships in an attacked harbor won't kill the attacking troops if they come by land, but will prevent the cargo ships from loading the plunders.

Also if I understood correctly, ships in an attacked harbor won't kill the attacking troops if they come by land, but will prevent the cargo ships from loading the plunders.

Yep, I'd agree w/ that statement. My boats had zero effect on the last guy to attack me, strictly troop to troop when attacking by land.

And I suppose my situation was a little different since my blockade was part of my retaliation... I locked him in for 8 hours (which is the limit for a blockade, although you can always redeploy). I wanted him to know what I could do if he provoked me again.

Hmmm... here's a crazy strategy... zero troops but a bunch of boats. No one for an enemy to kill, but they can't get anything because of the fleet. Might be a way to protect a smaller town. What am I missing? Invasions maybe? (Add to that, the fact that I have a good Generals rating because my main city is heavily armed... so how would an attacker know if that city was defended if I use spies to counter their spies).

What do I have to do to apply for a alliance? And if I need a tech what tech?

I think you need the Foreign Cultures tech & could you tell us a bit about yourself?

Yeah well I am a High School Student in a specialty advanced program and on my spare time I play online games I play, urbandead.com, vendetta1923.com (S1,2,3) space4k.com, ikariam.com (gamma), and warcraft occasionally, I am normally very active in my game playing and I normally take things seriously, plus I love to mountain bike =), my family is well off my parents own a mall business, my favorite channel is 42 (discovery), plus most of my hobbies involve science, like Ferrofluid.

Edited by berkley

Found an inactive in a sulfur island!!

Loot

Gold: 32 Building material: 884 Sulphur: 269

Loot

Gold: 33 Building material: 883 Sulphur: 266

Finally able to increase the troops in my home colony to twice their previous number and those phalanx look good!!

any of you guys recruited a cook?

Oh, and I need sulphur really bad I need like 600 of it, can anyone offer me a deal for some? and I am willing to pay with coin, wood, and maybe crystal. and if you need to contact me I am berkley at XX:XX =)

Edited by myles
Oh, and I need sulphur really bad I need like 600 of it, can anyone offer me a deal for some? and I am willing to pay with coin, wood, and maybe crystal. and if you need to contact me I am berkley at 43:90 =)

Alright berkley. I usually send the new players some wood and crystal but I managed to buy some sulphur really cheap so I'm going to take a chance and see what you can do with it. I'm not doing this lightly. I started to say no. I looked at your scores and figure you're at a point that you can either build a good army or put yourself out of the game by going broke. It'll take my boats awhile to get there, so sometime tomorrow you'll have sulphur. You don't have to repay me. Just show us what you can do.

If you click on your trading port, it will show when I arrive in game time. Game time is GMT+1.

All these fussing going on, I signed up lol. But I have no idea what I'm doing, just how do I change the town name? Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot... just click on the town hall lol. :4rofl:

I notice that wonder thing where you need to donate golds for blessings, so does that mean it would do an alliance good to grab a island entirely? I wonder...

Anyway I'm in XX:XX, a wine island.

Town: Harris

This is what happens if you attack (by sea) without sending a blockade against a town with ships:

Your troop transport has arrived in Polis, yet turns around because they would lose a sea battle against the local fleet.

:4rofl:

All these fussing going on, I signed up lol. But I have no idea what I'm doing, just how do I change the town name? Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot... just click on the town hall lol. :4rofl:

I notice that wonder thing where you need to donate golds for blessings, so does that mean it would do an alliance good to grab a island entirely? I wonder...

Anyway I'm in XX:XX, a wine island.

Town: Harris

Hey Myles, atm wonders don't work, so there's no point in donating to them. You will want to donate to the island's saw mill & vinyard though.

Good to know the wonder is not working, I was just thinking how outrageous the fee for a blessing is lol.

I didn't start donating, not that anyone has that kind of money this early. There are some folks who are donating to the saw mill, so that's covered for now. (of course when I do get some spare later I will join, I don't want to be a leecher)

Just wonder since its a free for all donation, wouldn't it make sense for an alliance island for more expensive resources. No? Since the ships are so slow even if you aren't that far, having an island would be good for inter alliance trading?

I think too much. :4rofl:

Oh, and I need sulphur really bad I need like 600 of it, can anyone offer me a deal for some? and I am willing to pay with coin, wood, and maybe crystal. and if you need to contact me I am berkley at 43:90 =)

Alright berkley. I usually send the new players some wood and crystal but I managed to buy some sulphur really cheap so I'm going to take a chance and see what you can do with it. I'm not doing this lightly. I started to say no. I looked at your scores and figure you're at a point that you can either build a good army or put yourself out of the game by going broke. It'll take my boats awhile to get there, so sometime tomorrow you'll have sulphur. You don't have to repay me. Just show us what you can do.

If you click on your trading port, it will show when I arrive in game time. Game time is GMT+1.

Actually I need allot of sulphur right now so I can make some sword men, plus I will buy marble from anyone, any offers? and how to I colonize new islands?

Actually I need allot of sulphur right now so I can make some sword men, plus I will buy marble from anyone, any offers? and how to I colonize new islands?

Sorry, that's as fast as my boats can go. Most trades are [ 2 wood for 1 luxury good ] or [ 1 for 1 on luxury goods ]. So you'd want to offer us 2 woods or 1 crystal for each marble you need.

To colonize, you need to research expansion, you can then build a palace and then make a colony.

@ Myles - sending the usual welcome package. Wood will arrive first. Some crystal shortly after (waiting on my own supply to hit a ship load). Sent you a note in game.

when raiding you can haul a maximum of 600 items ( being wood or crystal or anything ) you send 2 trading ships automatically when raiding.. no more no less... ( well less is allways possible. )

by the way I am quite tempted to switch alliances... I don't want or need a rank within Dark when I do transfer, I would however request a tradeagreement with someone who produces Marble :4rofl:

Ps. Masteff I never implied that you would not be a good leader.. I was simply stating an obvious lil tidbit :D

Ps. I dunno who's the diplomat with you , but I would strongly suggest you try to get yourself an alliance with WNx1,2 and 3

Edit: ( for obvious reasons )

Edited by DreDBanGeR

@masteff: Thanks mightily, it sure will kick start the slow process of building up. :)

I will have my "wealth" in ~3 hrs, definitely going for wine press (I.e. well digging). Then I haven't decided. I don't think I will need an army this soon. But then a seemingly peaceful island could get ugly fast. Urgh I will decide when wine press done then.

Same as cyc, I'm curious about the "cook" too.

This game does resemble Imperia somewhat, only on sea... if that makes sense. It doesn't seem as time consuming though so that's a plus. :)

by the way I am quite tempted to switch alliances... the alliance I'm in right now is slowpoking and not active on the board... I just got to find a "nice" way to get out -maybe u could "ask" me in your alliance ^^- :)

Ps. Masteff I never implied that you would not be a good leader.. I was simply stating an obvious lil tidbit :)

:cow_white: No harm, no foul. And w/ my real life stress levels, it really was the right move for me personally... I just needed a few days to decide it on my own.

Uh hum. *clears throat* Say, DreD, seeing as you're a veteran Sacred player, who has posts on SIF and Dark, you ought to jump alliances and come play with us. This is a great way we can all stay in touch while waiting for Sacred 2 to come out; you'd be building a home for when it's released in September. Come hang with your Sacred pals!

@ everyone - Good news. If you have to change your palace/capital to escape an enemy (for example, you're getting beaten badly and want to make a new capital in a distant corner of the world), your old messages in the Diplomacy screen will NOT give your new location away (as long as you don't send new messages to the enemy). I wasted nearly 1200 wood testing this. Built a new palace, changed my capital and had Llama and Knuckles check their messages to see what did or didn't change. So.... you can taunt away at enemies, then change capitals to get away from them and they won't know where you went (at least from your messages). (By the way, changing your capital destroys your old palace, so don't do this lightly.) (I know, it's an odd thing to test, but ya'll aren't the first to think that I'm eccentric.)

I just got to find a "nice" way to get out -maybe u could "ask" me in your alliance ^^- :)

You're always welcome Dred.

:cow_white:

Edit: And Dred's post does kinda raise a point, does anyone want to be Diplomat or Home Secretary (though I'm less bothered by this one as it doesn't bug you with PMs :)).

Interior Minister (Home Secretary)

Responsible for the admission of new members and the dismissal of old members from the alliance.

Can see the resources of all alliance members.

Can determine and assign the ranks within the alliance.

Can edit the internal alliance site. This is only viewable to alliance members.

Diplomat

Can edit external alliance site. This is the site that non-members see when they want to look at the alliance.

Can manage alliance agreement.

Can see the alliance partners of all alliance members.

Receives messages sent to the alliance.

We don't have an external site atm.

Man things take forever to be researched. Still plugging away..almost to the point where I can build a palace. Just hope no one raids me, got one slinger for defense :)

when raiding you can haul a maximum of 600 items ( being wood or crystal or anything ) you send 2 trading ships automatically when raiding.. no more no less... ( well less is allways possible. )

Actually... while I was having my battles I found this thread which explains that loot is how much you can load in 20 minutes. The trick is that your opponent's trading port can be limiting factor. You must have done raids against people with level 2 trade ports which load 30 goods per minutes (20 minutes * 30 goods per minute = 600 goods).

And if DreD comes over to us, seeing as he's already done some talking w/ other alliances... he might make a good choice for diplomat. He'd just have to tell everyone about his change in alliance and how would they like to negotiate with him at his new group. -- There's another reason to join, DreD, we'd actually let you be Diplomat. :)

P.S. - See Knuckles signature... we have cookies!!

hmm very tempted ... now I just to to try to make things clear at WNx ... ( since I was once a member there.. as well as quite a bunch of ppl here ):)

I'll just have to round up things in FURY and try to keep the NAP intact while I transfer to -S- this might take a day, the leader of fury lives in Australia .. so there is a slight time problem ^^

I have a question, what would happen if you get negative gold?

so far I calculate so that I won't go negative by having too much worker, but I'm curious. Can negative happens? If it is allowed wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure the income is negative when you sleep? The growth would eventually tip it back to positive while you don't just pile up gold.

Your happiness level would plumit and all your people would leave and your would be screwed, does sound like a good idea tho, some one should test it.

Well if you have enough wine that shouldn't be a problem, and I'm not saying that the pile must be negative. Just the income is negative, you burn some initially but then the growth while you are away would catch up.

It would be better than just relying on defense and warehouse wouldn't it?

Edit: thx masteff, you make a great scientist. Its just useful to know. :)

I have a question, what would happen if you get negative gold?

so far I calculate so that I won't go negative by having too much worker, but I'm curious. Can negative happens? If it is allowed wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure the income is negative when you sleep? The growth would eventually tip it back to positive while you don't just pile up gold.

Hmm, I read on the forum that if you go negative gold your troops desert. (enough to tip the balance to positive)

So going negative would be a bad idea.

edit: don't know in the case in which you don't have troops, perhaps your workers stop working and become citizens to generate gold?

Edited by Indy13