Vishankas Mod corner

40 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

About the Beautification Mod - is there any specific visible effect from saving as DXT5, instead of DXT1?

I think it's personal taste but the quality with dxt1 got too bad for my liking, the colors blur very much and the edges become pixelated and darker;

Here you can see dxt1 on the grass, I thought it looks odd compared to all the other textures
1zXL2Au.jpg

Edited by Vishanka
1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

the quality with dxt1 got too bad for my liking, the colors blur very much and the edges become pixelated and darker

Could you, please, take a look at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jOsXS4JJQEycX8jnlrAZJH8r04t3Iuia/view?usp=sharing ?

Point is, Sacred 2 memory management is very particular as to how much is taken by textures. It should never be more then 390 - 400 MB, otherwise the game starts to stutter.

• Appreciation 1
12 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

The edges are a little lighter but still quite rough, but there is a more distinct problem, this strange blackness now appears in certain angles

Somehow 1-bit alpha gets messed up. Updated. Let's try again.

5 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Somehow 1-bit alpha gets messed up. Updated. Let's try again.

I downloaded the file again but it seems to be 'my' original version, I don't see changed files this time.
For testing purpose the i_graeser_sys01.dds would suffice, if you don't want to update all the files. It's the common grass in elven region

23 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

I downloaded the file again but it seems to be 'my' original version, I don't see changed files this time.

That's correct for the "miniobj" and "physx" subfolders, the rest are altered.

• Like! 1
10 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

That's correct for the "miniobj" and "physx" subfolders, the rest are altered.

Ah I see, you did a DXT1 compression for the ground and building textures to reduce file size?

13 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Indeed, that way the un-zipped package takes approximately half the original space. Supposedly without affecting the original quality.

Thank you, I'll update it in a bit

• Like! 1
On 3/8/2023 at 6:21 PM, Vishanka said:

And last but not least, I put some more effort into the high elf face. This will be the next mod, probably with versions without piercings and some different eyecolors. But that might be as good as it gets with my abilities.

0CLHcJo.png

Here you can see that the lips are a little glossy, that the eye have a shimmer and the piercing looks like it reflects light, ha!

kPZQxVO.png

ahh, i noticed it in another post... you found her eye-twinkle!

:)

gogo

I noticed that the _h file isn't working properly which is funny as it is the vanilla file.

It's responsible for the skin color overlay, trying to fix it

mRvzkjh.png

The vanilla h file is bugged.  CM Patch 1.50 introduced the changes to fix this.

I thought I included these fixes in Purist Fixpack but I may have missed it - will check.  Also not sure if you're using the full mod.

EDIT: Fixes are in place in PFP.  The Dryad h map has a similar fix in place.

5 minutes ago, Flix said:

Also not sure if you're using the full mod

I think this is from one of some undressed mod files, probably outdated :lol: 

• 1 month later...

Grew a little tired of the highelf seraphim and now I'm back to seraphim mods
I guess that's what I want for std-iron

9JWotiK.png

zmsEmPJ.png

Edited by Vishanka
  • Respect! 1
8 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Grew a little tired of the highelf seraphim and now I'm back to seraphim mods
I guess that's what I want for std-iron

9JWotiK.png

zmsEmPJ.png

Love the colors, chunky and strong... this is the warrior armor

nice seeing your designs again Vishanka

:)

gogo

• 8 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 5:58 PM, Vishanka said:

Ouuuh how about that... that's the endijian wing effect I guess, perfect for the seraphim-highelf mod

I'll try around a bit more, thank you for your help! Strange though that the transparency did not work for the t-energy effect the way it does for lava

@Lindor can you help me with that wing effect? I can't get it working again. Only partly, I have no idea how I did that back then.

Currently I have this:
newSurface = {
  name         = "seraphim-mystiquefx-wing_c",
  texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/mystique/c_sera-mystique-wing_fx.tga",
  texture1Name = "fx/white.tga",
    texture2Name = "fx/noise.tga",
        texture3Name = "fx/black.tga",
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_SHELLFX + SURFACE_FLAG_TRANSPARENT,
  shader       = obj_d_s_b_lava,

But doesn't look right. Any idea?
}
mgr.surfCreate(newSurface);

Sure I'd be glad to. Before we're starting, make sure that in the options the graphics settings are maxed. I remember the fen fires didn't explode with the new BLOODFX Flix added

On 4/9/2023 at 8:29 PM, Flix said:

If that was the case it would explode into bloody gore.  Also everyone else would be seeing some kind of issue.

I'm fairly convinced something's wrong with your setup.  Missing FX, blacksmith arts dropping like items, runes crashing your game.  I can't replicate any of this, or trace any kind of cause.  You might want to reinstall everything cleanly from scratch.

took me decades to figure out that it was my graphics settings. Can't remember which of them it was.

I'm gonna go and take a look now at how your surface looks :)

25 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

newSurface = {
  texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/mystique/c_sera-mystique-wing_fx_frac.tga",
  texture1Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/mystique/c_sera-mystique-wing_fx.tga",
}

I have now this, the fx_frac is basically a very faint layer, not sure what I did with that. I would lie if I claimed I knew why it looks like this now again
grafik.thumb.png.3a2fc61c44062fb4f87099138b7a09a2.png

Looks pretty good, Congratz!

Also found this old post of you:

On 9/26/2022 at 2:41 PM, Vishanka said:
newSurface = {
  name         = "seraphim-mystiquefx-wing_c",
  texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/mystique/c_sera-mystique-wing_fx.tga",
  texture1Name = "fx/noise.tga",
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_SHELLFX + SURFACE_FLAG_TRANSPARENT,
  shader       = obj_d_s_b_lava,
}

Wings are a bit mysterious to me, I don't quite understand why it works so well without the missing texture3Name. I'll look into the lava shader code and try to understand it

Yea texture 3 is used in the perlin noise function, it's for the animation. Without it, there should be no animation at all since lava_noise would just be zero everywhere.

// calc lava
	    float fnoise;
	    float rnd = 0.0;
	    float f = 1.0;
	    float2 coord = I.texcoord0.xy + (system_data.xx * 0.015);
	    for(int I = 0; I < 4; I++)
	    {
		    fnoise = tex2D(texture3, coord * 0.2 * f).a;
		    fnoise -= 0.5;
		    fnoise *= 4.0;
		    rnd += fnoise / f;
		    f *= 4.17;	
	    }
	    coord = I.texcoord0.xy - (system_data.xx * 0.015);
	    coord -= rnd * 0.02;
	    float4 lava_noise = tex2D(texture3, coord);

float4 lava_color = float4(lava_noise.xyz * tex0.xyz * (rnd + 1.0) + 0.3 * tex0.xyz, tex0.a);
float4 lava_glow = float4(saturate(lava_color - float3(0.9, 0.9, 0.9)), 0.0);

As usual, 0, 1 and 2 are diffuse, glow and normal map.

I don't understand why this is working so well. Maybe, as it expects 4 textures, but only 3 are passed, it loops and takes the texture0Name for texture3Name.

1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

newSurface = {
  texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/mystique/c_sera-mystique-wing_fx_frac.tga",
  texture1Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/mystique/c_sera-mystique-wing_fx.tga",
}

I have now this, the fx_frac is basically a very faint layer, not sure what I did with that. I would lie if I claimed I knew why it looks like this now again
grafik.thumb.png.3a2fc61c44062fb4f87099138b7a09a2.png

Uhmm...

why.jpg.35730b4de6d5388ca37043e1dfb4578b.jpg

was just trying to test your surface. Copy-Pasta, no changes