Diablo 3 to be released!

Crafting doesn't make any sense, AH has great equipment coming from more advanced players

Sigh, this is what I hope they balance out :( I want crafting to have its uses, because to me the AH seems so cheap and easy to get items. Although I suppose whatever keeps you alive :Just_Cuz_21:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For HC, it's really important to make sure that we use all resources game offers to advance our toon. For crafting, I think Schot is using it for some higher level jewelry, but at lower levels, it's better to get at AH. Items don't drop at enough of a high level to make our toons worthy and have enough protection.

:)

gogo

Yup here I come with an alternative view to the AH :P

Since skills and level grinding don't seem to be the emphasis in this game, the only thing left is gear accumulation. It's really the only true challenge left. If I use the AH I take away that one challenge (other than staying alive in HC). It's almost like I'm cheating or getting a shortcut. Now I know it's not and I've been sorely tempted to go buy some stuff for my barb but so far I haven't.

I know this handicaps me, and makes HC even that much more tougher.....but to me it just feels 'right'. I guess it's simply my playing style.

Now I'm not knocking AH....I think it can and will be a valuable resource for many (maybe eventually even me). I just enjoy 'earning' the gear by fighting/looting. But this is just me....I rarely shopped in S1 or Sacred 2 and rarely socket anything either. In fact I have 5 empty sockets right now and almost to Azmodan. And I have plenty of gems to use up.

Hmm now that I think more on it...maybe I'm just too lazy to use some of the resources available to me :P

There's tons of resources in the game, it's what makes it really fun. I love being able to use different strategies at different times.

I loved our clan accounts in Sacred 2, the work put into helping others get to better gear through advance work of others who had played longer and had drops they wanted to share with others coming along the HC path soldified the playing experience for everyone and helped with HC deaths that are very painful.

We had this source of equipment sourcing in Sacred 2.

For Diablo 3, the Auction House is very nice way to get players to network via interests and purchases to attempt to come close to the kind of equipment sharing this community had in Sacred 2.

So for everyone their own playing style

No style better than any other

Each style for each person, and their own commitment and time they wish to apply towards this game

Joy for all

:gogo:

gogo

Oh I think the AH is great...especially for people who don't have the time or do not find gear grinding to be enjoyable. when I upgraded my account to the CE, I now have an unused regular digital account. I was thinking of donating that for a clan mule. Would just like help with donations to maximize storage. If we think it's needed I'm more than happy to offer it to FDM

The higher blacksmith level the better items you can forge. One thing to consider....max smith level is 4 (really 4.75) in normal mode. To gain any more levels (or partial levels) you first need 5 Pages of Blacksmithing. And from what I've read they do not drop until Nightmare difficulty. Same goes for Jeweler

The Monk is a lot easier to play than the Barb. Thinking the Barb needs a few tweaks to make it more in line with the other characters.

On a side note...made it to Whimsyshire...took quite awhile to get one ingredient. I won't spoil it by posting pics or describing it, but lets just say I'm visually scarred now

On a side note...made it to Whimsyshire...took quite awhile to get one ingredient. I won't spoil it by posting pics or describing it, but lets just say I'm visually scarred now

One of my facebook friends posted a video about that...I agree about the colors :Just_Cuz_21:

Well done, Knuckles. Must have been one hell of a feeling doing that.

I've got to say I didn't like the concept of the monk, but having got over my prejudice, I've come to think that he's the best melee option we have at the moment. All right, I'm only in SC and still learning my way about the game, but the monk just seems to rock, with so many great skills. The barb has lost some appeal to me since I started a monk.

Yup same feeling here...I really wanted to play a Barb, but it just doesn't seem viable in HC. The Monk was my 2nd choice and I must say he owned mobs my Barb was running from (in Normal). Kind of stinks but at least I can still melee. Just about through 1st act in Nightmare. A lot of the Champions now have special abilities, like Plague, Mortar, Illusion etc. And I luv it lol. It's nice to know there are still some things I won't see til higher levels

Just beat Normal HC....level 33 monk

This is awesome, and so good to hear the community's getting this great handle on HC.

Congratulations!

gogo

Thx :)

Just as a quick warning to those about to finish Normal, champion enemies gain a whole bunch of new abilities in Nightmare. Sometimes they'll have 2-3. Some combo's of these are lethal. For example, I fought 4 'blue' bats that had Plagued/Vampiric affixes. They would heal quicker than I could hurt them. Plus laying 'poison puddles' all over the place. My health went on a roller coaster ride. And I have 3 healing skills not including health pots. Unlike Sacred these guys will chase you until, as in my case, I was able to exit the cave, or you can portal. ( there are much worse combo'd abilities but I don't want to spoil anything)

I left game and went back in, and they were no longer there. So I got a little lucky. Sure at some point I'll get a quest enemy I won't be able to sidestep so easily.

Right now I'm trying to get a few achieves from Act I. Working on journals now and I must say it is extremely tedious. Took 41 tries to get a random event in the Halls of Agony. And now up to maybe 50 on another in the Watch Tower. What is really aggravating is the watch Tower is random, but the event inside is ALSO random :Just_Cuz_21:

Before you go clinically insane hunting journals, I read that 1 of the journals in act 1 is bugged and cant spawn currently.

"Villagers something" I believe it was called.

Edited by Shadout

Yeah found out the Villagers Journal and the Lyceum are bugged pretty early on. But just some of these random events should be called extremely rare events. Right now I'm running around Dalghur Oasis trying to find a unique Grotesque to kill so I can get a journal.

Kind of wish I wasn't a Achievement (forum edit). Some of these take a long time to find

Indeed, had a nice one in Bastion Keep once, where I hurled one over the walls and down to the background battlefield, looked hilarious as the corpse landed right in the middle of a group fighting :3lmao:

Indeed, had a nice one in Bastion Keep once, where I hurled one over the walls and down to the background battlefield, looked hilarious as the corpse landed right in the middle of a group fighting :3lmao:

Those greatest quality physics :cool:

Nice work Chrona, what sort of play time did that take?

On a side note, I played the starter version, got through the first act with a wizard (I think thats what it was called), pretty fun, felt much better to me than GW2, although now I feel like its as shame I bought that first...hopefully the next weekend beta lets me get into it a bit better...

Anyway, D3, once I finish exams I think I'll be getting it and getting into it, only 3 weeks away.... :(

Anyway, D3, once I finish exams I think I'll be getting it and getting into it, only 3 weeks away.... :(

It's tremendous fun, DB. Both games are very different. GW2 requires a diferent mind set, careful, listning to mates, team play, Diablo 3 is just fun when you want it , instant satisfation, no commitment if you want, easy to jump in and out of...

One's kind of like fine dining, the other's fast food.

gogo