My lvl 167 HC Seraphim = Dead

I have no words to express the emotions I am feeling right now. I have been totally screwed out of countless hours of gameplay.

I just died to a stupid guardian. My hp was at max 34k and my divine protection was at max 140k. Thats is 174,000 HP.......I just died to a guardian with my hp and shield at MAX....I had not lost a single hp....the guardian had less than 5% health left.... I had 100% of my HP and Shield.....100%!!

How the heck did I die? Is it possible the last guardian hit me for 140,000 damage in 1 hit? no....its not....the max he has ever hit me was 12k.....this is some kind of crazy joke from ascaron or some stupid bug that hasnt been noticed before.

I will be uninstalling this game and taking a break from gaming for some time. ... cu guys around ill still be hanging out on the forum of course.

seradead.jpg

^^

Edited by Viper007

Oh gosh viper. I feel so sorry for you. :(

This must have happened a little while after I came ingame to tell you how elated I was to get a toon finally into Niob.

That is rotten that you got beaten by something that is unknown.

Could you somehow contact Ascaron and ask if it was something designed in the game?

Could it have been something like a server going crazy and perhaps they could resurrect your seraphim? Just grasping at straws here.

I know completely how downhearting it is to lose a toon though normal circumstances but to lose a very high level toon this way is just wrong.

I hope you please reconsider and after a short break come back and play with your friends.

I know its very little consultation, but you are one of the good guys and it was always a pleasure seeing you ingame.

I have five mules and you are most welcome to anything they have to help you start again.

But maybe HardCore in a game like Sacred2 with all its bugs is simply not practical. :)

Its a chance we all have to take.

Viper...I'm soo sorry....

I hope you reconsider and come back to the game soon...these days a lot of nice people are taking a break from Sacred 2 and I hope to see all of them back to closenet where I first met them :(

Taking a character that high and having it dead by a ? must be too much, of course, but try to reconsider and reduce your vacation to just a couple of days :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm soo sorry to hear this viper :)

Take a lil break to vent your anger :( (But I expect you back within a couple of days ^^)

And if there's a need for anything I might have or help with, just shout.

Chrona: Reflect!? O.o Does this only go for melee or does it go for ranged and spells aswell?

Dang!

I'm really sorry to hear this viper. That's a pretty high leveled toon, and to lose it to the last guardian with so much work.

I'm so sorry :)

Like Chona said, take a cold beer, a vac from game, and then when ready join up with us again.

I do want to hear more about the reflect capacity of the last guardian though. It's good info, and I'll add it to the wiki. Maybe we can keep more of our members safe.

:(

gogo

Crap Crap Crap there goes one of my Niob buds. :):( :(

So sorry Viper. But I have no doubt you will get pass this. You are a great player and a great bud so you will get back in there.

Hmm reflect well I am sure it doest reflect IS or I would have been dead many many times over. Non the less no one ask me again to kill the guardians for you now I am freaked out from them.

OMG Viper.....

as bad as it is to loose a toon this level... it's even way worse when you feel you are cheated out of it..... DANG!

I cannot believe a guardian reflects that much damage.... They should barely be able to blast your DP.... I just don't understand...

EDIT: soo... Dusty told me about 100% reflect... pelting at 20K and DB, that could be one nasty one-shot reflect:)

Anyways... I feel really sorry for you... anytime you come around to rebuild that seraphim, I'll be more than happy to help out....

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Sorry for your loss Viper :4rofl:

I think the last guardian can reflect and ignore armor.

The guardian from the south can debuff, or have debuff resistance, I don't remember.

You have leveled fast so I guess you have a lot of XP rings/amulets instead of armor, maybe he has one shot you with debuff/reflect/ignore armor :4rofl:

North Guardian = full magic damage (597-597) level 216

West Guardian = full fire damage (595-595)

South Guardian = full poison damage (716-716) debuff

East Guardian = full ice damage (597-597)

Which one have killed you?

I'll try to run more tests on those guardian with my beta tools.

Thanks guys I'm feeling much better now that some time has passed. I was pretty po'd when this first happened.... I just wish I knew the reason for her death. I still can't figure it out.

Stephane it was the final guardian. He was down to less than 5% hp and my pelting strike hits with deathblow were doing 50-65k per hit. I was just standing there waiting for the final pelting strike to regen and all the sudden I drop dead. I had full hp and full divine protection. My armor was around 38k. He did not debuff my shield as I could clearly see my blue hp bar at max. I did not see any red damage numbers on the screen.....it looked like she just had a heart attack and dropped dead.....

anyway, of course I couldn't bring myself uninstall this great game. I just wish I knew the reason of her death. I didn't learn any lesson from this which really sucks.....usually on hc deaths I learn a good lesson that helps me to become a better player....this one is just confusing and make me never want to fight the guardians again. They have some super ultra attack they use when their hp is low? Maybe someone else can figure it out..... I just want to know what killed me so I can prevent it from happening in the future.

I'll be back in action soon^^

Awh, that's really terrible Viper. I dread the thought of losing a Niob toon though it's bound to happen sooner or later. Those ones are really tough to deal with and I can totally understand how it made you feel especially when the cause is unclear. HC can be cruel at times. Sounds an awful lot like a lag spike to me. Damage done to you tends to accumulate during a lag spike and when the spike dissipates it all hits at the same time. RIP Viper0077. :(

Glad to hear that viper will be back in Ancaria soon :(

Oh btw.....you know that first toon I had that made it into niob.....well she is now up in toon heaven with your seraphim :viking:

Oh man I'm sorry too :( I'd be screaming bloody murder if that hapened to me :(

My first thought was about a lag spike, but knowing how tough a seraphim with so many hitpoints is... meh :viking:

Ah Viper Dang.

Dont let a minor detail like a killed char, get to you.

I lost hmm - my level 73 TG to a roaming player level 97 ( mobs went level 104 on me).

And my kami to my own bloody stupidity ( poison lord ).

Soo I am making my rider TG tool level 75, or well die trying as usually.

Anyway nice to hear you didnt quit, but have a break :(

Thanks guys I'm feeling much better now that some time has passed. I was pretty po'd when this first happened.... I just wish I knew the reason for her death. I still can't figure it out.

Stephane it was the final guardian. He was down to less than 5% hp and my pelting strike hits with deathblow were doing 50-65k per hit. I was just standing there waiting for the final pelting strike to regen and all the sudden I drop dead. I had full hp and full divine protection. My armor was around 38k. He did not debuff my shield as I could clearly see my blue hp bar at max. I did not see any red damage numbers on the screen.....it looked like she just had a heart attack and dropped dead.....

Thanks for the feedback.

anyway, of course I couldn't bring myself uninstall this great game. I just wish I knew the reason of her death. I didn't learn any lesson from this which really sucks.....usually on hc deaths I learn a good lesson that helps me to become a better player....this one is just confusing and make me never want to fight the guardians again. They have some super ultra attack they use when their hp is low? Maybe someone else can figure it out..... I just want to know what killed me so I can prevent it from happening in the future.

Yes they have some special attacks, I will run some tests to know their abilities and stats, and when they use it.

I'll be back in action soon^^

Glad to hear that!

Wow Viper sooooo sorry to hear...

I can imagine the amount of time invested in her....and to die from a bug is just adds insult to injury. I lost a level 186 Dark Elf to lag in S1 and nearly threw the pc out the window and I said the same thing...I was un-installing game and throwing it away...I would have too but the community is just too great to walk away from

Again my condolences and let me know if you need anything...including camp runs...will be more than happy to get you running again

Uhm you are right

Just lost rider to nr 4.

He had 10 % hp left and 1 hit me.

That was end of poor SlipneR level 45 - ya I know I miss spelled him - he he

I thought I could get him ready for kami - but not today :)

Edited by D-molisher

Yeah it seems like I got owned like D-molisher said too on the 4th guardian.He was bellow 25% and while I was tanking his and previous guardian's hits with ease (only did 30% dmg of my hp at best) I got weirdly one shoted with max HP and while spamming hp pot button for safety.

That was on Bronze with me beeing level 37 and wearing the level 35 version of this baby which had same armor values but less of the stats.

chestofinn.png

I wa really frustarated since this was my first character but dying makes us better right?

Edited by Weavelord

since we are on the topic of the guardians....

but first I am sorry anyone would lose a HC toon so high level...thats why I am a softy..

But my question is: I got attacked by two guardians at once. Why did that happen? I was real happy I put points in constitutions. Level 57 in silver...

That my friend is tragic, I play on a console therefore whenever I die I can instantly turn off my 360 and it'll take me to the last autosave.

I can't stand having no survival bonus

Sorry man