Does the dwarf have oomph?

I mean really...does it? And I mean by oomph, that great feeling you get when your build splatters, gores, and just blows to pieces all the bad guys.

My Ebolts Daemon has OOmph.

My LHW seraphim has OOmph.

There's a certain visceral satisfaction that I get from playing these characters that just seems to be missing when I have to trot out my trader seraphim to do her shopping rounds. I've seen some dwarves in action, especially Schot's. But all he brags about is his dwarf's utility in finding great items and it's ability to do uber forge.

But where's the OOMph?

When Ascaron created this character, was it for the sole purpose of having a toon in our collection that would only be of service in empowering the firepower of our other characters? Is there reason to create a dwarf just because you like to see the way it splatters?

I mean honestly...has anyone just created a dwarf because they love the way it kills things? Because of the way it's Combat Arts are animated? Because of the way it can destroy all foes?

I'm just wondering.

:D

gogo

I have a dwarf that leveled from 1 to 2 with his first swing of the sword against a low level enemy in Bellevue. Can't say I've ever leveled bbefore on the first hit ( without doing any quests). That's oomph to me.

Also sow Bobcat 1 hit D'Cay with a level 1 dwarf too. He leveled all the way to 7 in 1 jump. That's oomph, too, I'd say.

I do, however, prefer the WE exploding arrow. Nothing like a 1-hit kill of D'Cay in Niobium to make your day!

Edited by gial

Hi :D

I think Gogo referred to the "feeling" of a char. In that light yes - at least for me - Dwarves have OOmph. When that scottish like music sounds while casting war cry then swinging a big hammer or axe vaporizing enemies with single blows.... yes he is definitely OOmp.

Hehe but nothing can even near the Dark Elf. When he uses testo and adre with a grace of a martial artist then start marching against the enemy - with the knowledge that no matter who comes no matter how many they are they will fall surely. Now thats the *real* OOmph for me :devil:

CS.

well I like the way how dwarves seem to scratch their buts when they drop landmines.

and the big recoil he gets from using the mortar is just nice. Leave this huge crater on the floor, and splattering debris all over. if you hit it on skelletons, its a big bang for yer buck !

so in that sense, yes it has OoMph !

other then that I like his taunts. Thats what makes the game so cool.

" 17001"

" Well now, I guess size DOESN'T matter after all"

"I like the smell of gunpowder, early in the morning"

etc etc..

Let me tell you why the dwarf has oomph. You waddle your way across the desert and meet up with a band of orcs. You pause for a moment for dramatic pause and ..........

BOOM!

you let them have it with the business end of your cannon blast. If they all drop after that all I can do is point at their dead bodies on the screen and shout "That's what I'm talking about!" Any survivors? Well I've got an unlimited supply of oomph and I'm not stingy with it.

Skeletons.....BOOM!

Dragons.....BOOM!X4

Well at first I wanna say. Eh. He's ok... I use the Dwarf purely on a level of utility myself. He really isn't like any other char in terms of dynamic attacks to me. He is the means to another character types end. I generally just point and shoot. BUT! His Mortar Grenade graphical glitch has HUGE OOMPH! I don't know if everyone gets it but occasionally when a Grenade hits it sets off a tremendously big explosion on screen that takes up about 80% of the screen, lol. It always sends a shock through me whenever it happens. The strangest thing is that it doesn't look like a glitch. It looks like it was designed into the game. It's a large cloud like the top part of a mushroom cloud and sometimes it lingers a while. Maybe it's some kind of bonus hit or something. Glitch or not it certainly gives my Dwarf plenty of OOMPH! :D

Slap me one for being a bit off topic but the dwarf would be one of my favorites if only I didn't get his bug with Mortar Grenade. It renders the game impossible for me with that graphic glitch. For me it's even if someone else is using it. I don't get a haze just a full on blanket of grey or other random colours. Shame eh. He can be an evil toon and I do think he has oompf (spelling) but sadly for me he's just a greedy handy little mule :cha (18):

Slap me one for being a bit off topic but the dwarf would be one of my favorites if only I didn't get his bug with Mortar Grenade. It renders the game impossible for me with that graphic glitch. For me it's even if someone else is using it. I don't get a haze just a full on blanket of grey or other random colours. Shame eh. He can be an evil toon and I do think he has oompf (spelling) but sadly for me he's just a greedy handy little mule :lol:

I thought it was my graphics card having difficulties with the MG, so very nice to know its a glitch.

I do like the twins we are playing, they have great power and oomph in my opinion but alas they too will be mules (second twin project starting next week...woohoo)

Oh wow Mules you say Funki? but you guys seemed to be owning Ancaria! hehe I can't wait to see the next in your batch!

Yep the twins were born because we didn't have mules to go between the different difficulties, so what better way than to get Dwarves to level 140 and another set at level 60, that way we have mules for us and can help with others with forging and trading.

So with Zen starting up next week, we are bringing the second set of twins forward because we will need to start in bronze for Zen anyway.

They still have oomph in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Edited by Funkilicious

Hi :(

Claire, you should try going pure flamer with a dwarf! No glitches no bugs just burning bodies everywhere. Ah did I mention how nice the flames are? Burn BURN BURN BURN BURN!

Hehe hes a really handy evil toy.

Edited by Csaszar

Oooh Funki, Curtis and Zen, Dwarving!...Triplets! The Terrible Trio burning up Ancaria! ( Terrible in the nicest ways ofc )

hehe Csaszar I might after my baby is completed make a flame thrower, toast anyone? :(

Hi :(

Claire, you should try going pure flamer with a dwarf! No glitches no bugs just burning bodies everywhere. Ah did I mention how nice the flames are? Burn BURN BURN BURN BURN!

Hehe hes a really handy evil toy.

I recently added flamethrower to my dwarf--way more oomph that cannon blast.

Oooh Funki, Curtis and Zen, Dwarving!...Triplets! The Terrible Trio burning up Ancaria! ( Terrible in the nicest ways ofc )

hehe Csaszar I might after my baby is completed make a flame thrower, toast anyone? :4rofl:

Ooohh I don't know if Zen is making a dwarf, I think Curtis will have a mind explosion working out three sets of stats :P , lol we can't have that happening plus the added finding of three sets of like for like goodies.

Edited by Funkilicious

I don't really think the dwarf has some type of special oomph... He's just good at whatever he does. I don't say he's uperb, he just gets it done. Plus, they are THE most handy mules/traders/forgers :).

I have a mule level 100 now with both forging and trading 220+. Who needs another trader!

I love dwarf, esp. with him brandishing his selection of guns. :)

But yeah he doesn't seem to have a dominating style. He is a great trader, item finders, uber tank, without the mega ownage other toons is capable of.