The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

CThulu did and explination of the drop mechanics. I remember there was some secret ingredient to the mix that he was never able to figure out. *hmm...where is that thread....wanders off to the library*

Is this the thread you are after? Item Drop Mechanics.

The useful stuff from the post in regards to this discussion is probably the following:

2: What is Done to Determine a Drop's Contents

The game uses several variables when you "roll" for a drop:

- The weighted probability associated with an item. (see drop.txt)

- The "dice" roll of your character, which is modified by the zbonus values located in balance.txt, along with your +% chance to find valuables. (dice rolls are determined to exist by viewing a binary dump of some of the game's system files)

- The drop pattern of whatever breakable item/chest/monster that's dropping items. (see drop.txt)

- Danger class (see creatures.txt, drop.txt; danger classes themselves are apparently defined internally, I haven't found them yet in any binary dumps; I hope I've overlooked them).

- Damage preference (This is less defined than Danger Classes; I think it is defined within one of the libraries or executable file).

- Damage probability (Again, undefined).

- And this is the BIG ambiguous variable that I was referring to:

"Initialization Type"

Whatever this happens to be, it is an argument that's sent to a small routine that runs inside Sacred 2 called the "Drop Manager". After viewing the binary dump of the sacred 2 logic file, the drop manager handles a lot of stuff (including, but not limited to):

- Keeping track of stuff that falls on the ground when you drop it.

- The items being moved around in your inventory.

- Item graphics

It appears to be a subset of one of the drawing parts of the game. So far I can only see the method calls and dependencies, but the contents of the methods appear to be (for the most part) unreadable, due to compilation.

- Based upon their danger classes, all monsters have various drop patterns. Some do not hold anything, while others can have junk, gold, runes or the very wide ranged "Standard list".

For example: Certain legendary weapons, such as "Magisil" show up in the standard drop list; this list only gets used for (in order of most possible to lowest possible):

- the crystals on the Seraphim island (if you didn't have the misfortune of finding a mutant)

- see further below for monsters...

As you have probably seen, the last boss doesn't always give good stuff. That's becuase his danger class allows for either the drop pattern of the t-energy crystals from seraphim island (note: he obviously does not drop mutants, thankfully) or empty drop patterns?

So, from only looking at the drop patterns for the last boss, one would think that he either has a chance of giving you something from the standard drop list or nothing. But having played the game, that is obviously not the case.

From looking at his empty drop patterns, he has initialization types.

So what does this mean?

Guesses:

A) Initialization types take care of loot rolls in the event of Ascaron not bothering to specify a specific one for a monster/chest/whatever.

B) The initialization types stack up to form complex randomization/dice rolls that finally pick something out of a monster/chest/whatever's specified drop patterns.

Furthermore (these are hypotheses):

A) After a blue print list is selected via the drop patterns, the game may use: (any possible) combat arts, elemental damage and weapon types that you hit the monster with. This narrows down which item TYPE will be rolled on.

B) Using the weighted probabilities, your chance to find valuables + anything else that might adjust your zbonus rare scores, the game picks an actual item to drop.

Also, in addition to the last boss, "danger class 10" is shared with some other monsters/bosses:

- The region dragons

- The storyline dragons

- The Carnac

- The Scorpion king

- The Crystal boss

- The Forest Guardian

- Various unimplemented monsters (I.E. T-Energy Dragons)

- The Blind Guardian band members (LOL!)

Ultimately, does this mean that the Seraphim Island, last boss and other monsters pointed out up above are the best ones to "farm" for rare items? I think it's too hard to tell from what we have at this point. I suspect that Ascaron is not totally finished with the drops in the game.

Other nuggets of gold:

Edited by Dragon Brother

Hey guys, I have taken the item contents out of blueprint.txt and converted it into an excel file.

I have made two versions, one that includes the raw output (available here) and a reduced version which is designed to highlight the minimum constraints eg. min level, item tier, the unknown value and the level jump (available here).

Unfortunately due to the automated process I used to do this, I had to remove the 'bonusgroup' references the items have. I may go back and address this, but it was beyond the scope of what I was attempting to achieve anyhow.

Number of items per tier: 101 (Tier 15), 167 (Tier 14), 533 (Tier 13), 13 (Tier 12), 48 (Tier 11), 9 (Tier 10), 229 (Tier 9), 9 (Tier 8), 2 (Tier 7), 0 (Tier 6), 136 (Tier 5), 15 (Tier 4), 0 (Tier 3), 5 (Tier 2), 314 (Tier 1) & 966 (Tier 0). Total, 2547 items.

The highest minimum level is an item called 'EMPTY' at 255 (which obviously isn't possible), below that it's the 'big' potions at 110. The highest legendary is Charo's Ring at 65 (which I can't seem to find in the wiki) and the highest unique is Quetzal's First Strike, also 65.

The largest level jump is 'unique ring zwei', which I believe is the second ring at 35 levels between drops (starting at 35).

Everyone's favourite, Kal'durs, sits in tier 14, has a minimum level of 40 and drops every 20 levels.

Some interesting things I noticed; most of tier 11 is the Xmas sets, lightsabers are in tier 12 which explains why they're hard to come across, most runes are in tier 9 and most trophies are tier 5. There are also several test items and a handful of 'DONOTDELETE' or 'DELETEME' items, interested to know if these are actually dropable. my boss would kick me in the rear if I left stuff like that in my code :P

Anyone want to hypothesize why tier 6 and 3 have no items?

Hey guys, I have taken the item contents out of blueprint.txt and converted it into an excel file.

I have made two versions, one that includes the raw output (available here) and a reduced version which is designed to highlight the minimum constraints eg. min level, item tier, the unknown value and the level jump (available here).

Unfortunately due to the automated process I used to do this, I had to remove the 'bonusgroup' references the items have. I may go back and address this, but it was beyond the scope of what I was attempting to achieve anyhow.

Number of items per tier: 101 (Tier 15), 167 (Tier 14), 533 (Tier 13), 13 (Tier 12), 48 (Tier 11), 9 (Tier 10), 229 (Tier 9), 9 (Tier 8), 2 (Tier 7), 0 (Tier 6), 136 (Tier 5), 15 (Tier 4), 0 (Tier 3), 5 (Tier 2), 314 (Tier 1) & 966 (Tier 0). Total, 2547 items.

The highest minimum level is an item called 'EMPTY' at 255 (which obviously isn't possible), below that it's the 'big' potions at 110. The highest legendary is Charo's Ring at 65 (which I can't seem to find in the wiki) and the highest unique is Quetzal's First Strike, also 65.

The largest level jump is 'unique ring zwei', which I believe is the second ring at 35 levels between drops (starting at 35).

Everyone's favourite, Kal'durs, sits in tier 14, has a minimum level of 40 and drops every 20 levels.

Some interesting things I noticed; most of tier 11 is the Xmas sets, lightsabers are in tier 12 which explains why they're hard to come across, most runes are in tier 9 and most trophies are tier 5. There are also several test items and a handful of 'DONOTDELETE' or 'DELETEME' items, interested to know if these are actually dropable. my boss would kick me in the rear if I left stuff like that in my code :P

They could be gold or randomly generated items maybe:) Idk though...czevak may have a better idea.

There's some rather oddball items in that list... Gotta wonder about how some of them actually drop - say, for instance, you've got item #343 (line 86 on the first file) job_rh_football - but that's mild compared to some of the other items on this list...

For instance - there's item #2727 - the Seraphim's BeeEffGee - an item on tier 15 that can't possibly ever drop. But it does explain why the BFG weapon itself has a Legendary label on it.

Then there are other oddball items you'll never see dropping ever - like horses (item 3009 - 3013), unique mounts. (Item 2614, 2616 & 2622). I can just see it now. You whack a particularly nasty Kobold and out pops a battlehorse that's about 200x his size. Yeah... That ain't happening.

In fact, if you read the list, you'll see that this file controls FAR more than just the stuff that drops - it controls things like NPCs, items found in merchants, runemasters, smiths and horse traders, as well as the various "doodads" you'll see on your trip through Ancaria. (A doodad being any item you see in game that's nailed down and can't be moved - like picks and shovels in mines, barrels and boxes that can't be smashed open, and so forth. It also controls corpses of people that don't vanish (like the ones in the elf territory battlefields around Clearview, the guy who had the cog for the diving bell quest, etc... ))

• 10 months later...

I love this game. I played it for a while, then took a break and just came back to it. It's so much fun. Yet, despite hours and hours of game time, I have found 0 legendaries :gun2: Sooo, what does everyone else do to get these apparently extremely super duper rare items?

I have a dual wield seraphim right now, still low level, but EP is the focus. Are bosses the best way to go, or are groups of mobs better (like orcs or swamp or somethings)? Also, whatever the answer, what bosses/groups are best for legendary farming?

I love this game. I played it for a while, then took a break and just came back to it. It's so much fun. Yet, despite hours and hours of game time, I have found 0 legendaries :gun2: Sooo, what does everyone else do to get these apparently extremely super duper rare items?

I have a dual wield seraphim right now, still low level, but EP is the focus. Are bosses the best way to go, or are groups of mobs better (like orcs or swamp or somethings)? Also, whatever the answer, what bosses/groups are best for legendary farming?

Well, I logged over 3000 hours on the console version, I NEVER got one myself. I saw my buddy get one from a Guardian on my machine, but never my own toons.

My theory is you need a super-high level toon, with EP and Chance to Find Valuables and Survival Bonus all as high as "humanly" possible. From what I remember people that have reported finding legendary items all have these things in common.

Best place to score the Legendaries is without doubt, the 4 Nameless Guardians. Do not bother with any non-boss monster for Legendaries, and only a few bosses do actually have the ability to drop a Legendary. IIRC, Carnach, Garganthopod and Dragons all can drop them... some others that I forget, too.

Hi Zaraki, and welcome back to the world of Sacred 2!

I remember when I was going nuts over legendaries, I couldn't stop trying to get any kind of info over how to have them drop. We started a topic a while back, and it had a ton of posts to it, some from the best legendary droppers in the game^^

The secrets of getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

Happy reading

:)

gogo

Gogo, thanks for the link. It was a good read! Why did that thread just stop all of a sudden?

Anyways, that thread leaves one question. It seems that Guardians are the way to go (and Egg on non-consoles :( ). It seems that 400-500 kills are needed per legendary. Sooo, does that mean EP/MF doesn't matter? So should I not get the skill? If it doesn't help with legendary drop rates, what's the point?

Gogo, thanks for the link. It was a good read! Why did that thread just stop all of a sudden?

It was a great topic, and all of us learned a good bit form it. I think it was Slevin who first started putting down hard numbers so that everyone could start having some fun with Legendary Drops.

+++@ Slevin

And... I've merged your topic into the great legendaries topic for Sacred 2, perhaps others will chime in with goodies!

gogo

Anyways, that thread leaves one question. It seems that Guardians are the way to go (and Egg on non-consoles :( ). It seems that 400-500 kills are needed per legendary. Sooo, does that mean EP/MF doesn't matter? So should I not get the skill? If it doesn't help with legendary drop rates, what's the point?

It probably stopped cos we either found our legendaries or got bored of looking maybe...not sure...

In any case, if all you plan on doing is killing guardians then taking ep probably isn't as useful, socketing extra mf can't hurt, but probably isn't necessary either. Of course, using both may mean 400 instead of 500 kills.

Of course, using both may mean 400 instead of 500 kills.

And that equates to a lot less kills, and risk, specially if you're playing in HC. I remember calculating 50 kills per day minimum for the Guardians

oooh, the fever was upon me then

:oooo:

gogo

Here an example for how many bosses killed between 2 legendary drops:

Just noticed here that number 738 being the largest number of kills spacing in tween two of our legendary drops

Yeeeeeowch

:oooo:

gogo

ah, hahaha, I remember that Ash, that was breaking my heart cuz you kept going at it so fervently, but no legendary till that fateful day!

Was that when the dry spell was broken by the drop of a relic?

:o

gogo

ah, hahaha, I remember that Ash, that was breaking my heart cuz you kept going at it so fervently, but no legendary till that fateful day!

Was that when the dry spell was broken by the drop of a relic?

:o

gogo

Yeah, actually it was...thats even more heart breaking. But, on my next toon I got a few legendaries and a nice miniset piece pretty quickly so that made it feel so much better.

ah, yes, it WAS the Relic!

ahhh, oh, the sting

I'm just glad you were able to get some more drops with some of your other toons

Yeah, legendaries do tend to make us play at most unconscionable hours

:blink:

gogo

Yeah...too bad theyre now just sitting in my shared stash never being used. I did use the legendary blowpipe I got to drop, but everything else was fairly useless and stored in the stash. Never got a Kal'Durs...if I ever get back into this I think I'd wanna start hunting for one of them! Or more, I wouldn't say no to more :)

So it sounds like most of you don't play anymore, huh? :( I'm on ps3 so most of you probably never played on it anyways. Oh well, guess I'll be playing alone....

I'm so blown after reading this thread though. EP seems pretty much useless now. I find my share of uniques so I don't know if it's worth taking EP just for that. Luckily I'm not 65 yet, so it's not a wasted skill. But now I gotta figure out something else to take, hmmmm.

Btw, is it possible to play HC on console? I haven't died yet (don't want to lose that 100% SB), so I'm kinda playing HC, but is there actually a mode?

I found my first legendary today, Ice and Blood CM Patch on Gold difficulty off the Dragon that you need to kill for Blackhammer. :D The guy was pounding me into oblivion, but I got the better end of it in the end, and procured a legendary Arcane relic out of him for my troubles! Woot!

Edited by Eternalspirit

Yeah...too bad theyre now just sitting in my shared stash never being used. I did use the legendary blowpipe I got to drop, but everything else was fairly useless and stored in the stash. Never got a Kal'Durs...if I ever get back into this I think I'd wanna start hunting for one of them! Or more, I wouldn't say no to more :)

Me and Schot have a tone of time coming up near the end of this month, and one of my projects is to try and finish off the uploads for all equipment in this game. I'm gonna have to inventory what's already been added to Wiki, then put out ads in FDM to see if anyone has equipment. If you've got legendaries, please hold on to it, it may be one fo the ones we need.

Ahm... the good old times... :sigh:

Lot of memories in this thread. ;)

yeah they were crazy times! When you're playing and posting with friends, gaming gets that much better, and there was a lot of discovery in this topic.

So it sounds like most of you don't play anymore, huh? :( I'm on ps3 so most of you probably never played on it anyways. Oh well, guess I'll be playing alone....

I'm so blown after reading this thread though. EP seems pretty much useless now. I find my share of uniques so I don't know if it's worth taking EP just for that. Luckily I'm not 65 yet, so it's not a wasted skill. But now I gotta figure out something else to take, hmmmm.

Btw, is it possible to play HC on console? I haven't died yet (don't want to lose that 100% SB), so I'm kinda playing HC, but is there actually a mode?

Hi Zaraki

There's always some posters trying to connect on the boards here with other players on game, it's possible times to hook up, just keep eyes open to see if anyone is looking.

I found my first legendary today, Ice and Blood CM Patch on Gold difficulty off the Dragon that you need to kill for Blackhammer. :D The guy was pounding me into oblivion, but I got the better end of it in the end, and procured a legendary Arcane relic out of him for my troubles! Woot!

And this is what I was wanting ot hear in this thread these days.

Gratz Eternal!

keep going, only another 400 more kills to go!

gogo

I don't really believe in this "kills between legendaries", and people have already posted here with statistics that demonstrate that this is nothing but a fallacy. It may be 400-500 kills average between legendaries, however, this is due to the probability for them to drop, NOT some hard coded value in the game (and if that's how they actually coded it, they are idiots.. kills per legendary I mean). It's possible to get legendaries 5 kills in a row, or none for 1000 kills. I've played and MFed in so many games that I can speak to this from experience.

That said, even though it's just a resistance relic, just having found the legendary is pretty super awesome. Has anyone else found resistance relics in the past as legendaries?

Also, the funny thing is, I found this on my TG, who has almost no MF other than SB and map revealed. I'm getting him up so I can shop some nice things for my boss killing seraphim. :D

Edited by Eternalspirit

possible to get legendaries 5 kills in a row, or none for 1000 kills. I've played and MFed in so many games that I can speak to this from experience.

Correct

And as you begin to put down a lot of kills, you will see that the pro rata evens out to about 400 give or take per drop...average

As per slevin's data from his thousands of kills.

Is that kind of calculation useful? *shrugs*

Would be nice though if we could count on this as being exactly that amount in between huh :P

And again, congratulations on your drop, Eternal

gogo

That said, even though it's just a resistance relic, just having found the legendary is pretty super awesome. Has anyone else found resistance relics in the past as legendaries?

I would assume that the majority of Legendaries found are relics... judging from this thread. IMO, they are the most "useful" of them... well since Kal'dur's was relegated to Unique with the expansion ;)