The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

skelatal fornication

*cough* Freudian slip?

Edit: What kind of MF/EP/SB/WD% do you guys have when you're findnig all of these gold/orangey-goodness?

It varies, most of my farming toons doesn't have either EP nor high WD or MF, and they still get good quantities of goodies.

Only they have is SB in their 80's.

skelatal fornication

*cough* Freudian slip?

Edit: What kind of MF/EP/SB/WD% do you guys have when you're findnig all of these gold/orangey-goodness?

Lol...

Well I've not had any major luck with any legendary finding, however, since my bosskillers so far have been limited to gold and silver that may be my biggest issue, hopefully the next one gets up a bit higher. Having said that my current dryad has EP at level (45) plus 3 EP boosting relics (+5 each) and has had so since level 30 and I only just found a legendary relic. Compared to my last dryad, both of whom have exclusively killed nameless guardians, and who had no EP in comparison and the drops dont seem any better...maybe even less sets on the maxed Ep toon, but that could just be random. Sooo many unique rings/amulets though...always useless ones, although sometimes an artamarks star or something good will pop up.

• 4 months later...

I was considering making a new post about legendary farming, but seeing this thread answers most of my questions, I'll just dig it up to ask.

Due to my current situation, I have been attempting to limit my play time to conserve bandwidth. As such, I am using the time I am able to play for boss hunting. My ultimate goal is legendaries.

I have been attempting to make a loop of as many bosses/mini bosses as possible in an effort to avoid restarting servers every 5mins (the connection to the lobby/starting a server takes upwards of 15mb, while playing barely uses any bandwidth). That said, I still don't want to attempt bosses that are a great distance from a spawn location.

At this stage I am doing: Boar, Poison Lord, Holos, Grunwald Dragon, Girvym Dragon, Garganthropod, Guardians and finally the CF up to Mishirla.

Am I wasting my time with all the mini bosses? I have several inventories full of set pieces and I seem to be getting a steady supply of uniques but from what I can tell, only the dragons/guardians are likely to give me legendary drops.

I am in need of an upgrade to my gear, and I'm going to attempt to socket a lot of MF. I have a reasonable amount of SB, but not a huge amount of map revealed (and unfortunately no time to do this at the moment). Is there anything else I can do that might help the process along?

Not sure what sort or toon you are playing but if you are using %LL as your damage source going pure MF in sockets can work out alright. If all you are after is legendaries I would drop boar, poison lord, holos (unless you want that wicked looking axe) garganthropod and maybe cursed forest...although CF has lots of enemies who have nice drops so I guess thats worth it. Otherwise you are gonna be drowning in sets. Like eth seems to be doing at the moment, keep respawning the givrym dragon as many times as possible if you have a lucky server.

Edit: Also, any word on solutions to your problem?

Edited by Dragon Brother

Thanks man.. just as I suspected, dragons and guardians. I guess I'll do those first and if I'm getting reasonable drops, I will do the rest of my list in hopes of finding something worthwhile.

I am in contact with the Support Supervisor and they're actually testing things now (versus low level support where they ask me to turn things off/on). Unfortunately they claim there's no routing issue, so I am not sure if/when I will have a resolution.

If all you are after is legendaries I would drop boar, poison lord, holos (unless you want that wicked looking axe)

Are you saying it IS possible to get Holos's Axe?

holos.jpg

@Furian : Yes, Bergonix Axe is still droppable in Closed-Net. Only the ring and the amulet can't be dropped without the CM-patch.

Dobster got one or two month ago in Closed-net. :thumbsup:

I've checked, this axe have the same droprate as the Kira's Wall, so the highest tier.

But, Holos himself seems to don't have the good tier/dangerclass to drop this axe. You'll have to try T-mutants bosses & guardians + egg. :D None of the mini-bosses seems able to drop legendaries expect Abishai and the Forest guardian.

btw, great pic of Holos!

I'll add here a part of my post of yesterday :

Here's my list of bosses that can drop legedaries (based on dangerclass - I can be wrong on the low tier legendaries) :

- Dragons

- Guardians + Egg

- Forest Guardians

- Tree-spirit champs

- Abishai

- Garganthropod

- Gar'Colossus (low tier legendaries +higher chances to drop new mini-weapons sets)

- Facetellion

- Octoglamus (low tier legendaries)

- Swirling Mist (low tier legendaries / +higher chances to drop new mini-weapons-sets)

- Ice Phoenix Narmul (dragon, but low tier legendaries)

- Kral (low tier legendaries)

And some unknown mutations...

Edited by Woody
I've checked, this axe have the same droprate as the Kira's Wall, so the higher tier.

Interesting

woody, is there a list of drop rates for all the items in the game? Can you please publish this? I've never seen this list before

:thumbsup:

gogo

I've checked, this axe have the same droprate as the Kira's Wall, so the higher tier.

Interesting

woody, is there a list of drop rates for all the items in the game? Can you please publish this? I've never seen this list before

:D

gogo

The txt-file of the game can't be published on a forum, no. :thumbsup: It's really too long for a forum, but you can find it here :

HDD:\\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2\scripts\server\blueprint.txt ---> for the items (here you can see all the items of the game, and how they'll be dropped : jump-level, on which type of ennemy, with which bonus, etc...)

HDD:\\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2\scripts\server\creatures.txt ---> for the ennemies (here you can check the dangerclass of an ennemy by example)

Is there a way of making that reader friendly? This would make for a fascinating guide. I was discussing with Schot last night...where is the proof that some uniques drop far less often than others other than with our "feelings"

Showing item drops by weight would actually be THE coolest thing for the wiki

:D

gogo

p.s. Or maybe the top ten uniques... top fifty... hundred? :thumbsup:

Is there a way of making that reader friendly? This would make for a fascinating guide. I was discussing with Schot last night...where is the proof that some uniques drop far less often than others other than with our "feelings"

:)

gogo

Everything is possible.. ^^

But for now I'll do a simple list :thumbsup:

Most of the campain bosses and dragons can drop everything

Mini-bosses have a better chance to drop set items and uniques.

Normal ennemies can drop set items, uniques, and all the crappy items of the game. :D

where is the proof that some uniques drop far less often than others other than with our "feelings"

There is no proof of that I think. If in the files a bosses can drop an unique, we'll have the same chance to drop any unique of the game by killing it.

Edited by Woody

Awesome, that list will be great. There has never been anything like it EVER published before. IT doesn't have to be them all ( though maybe with enough peeps we can one day pull them all out) But top ten, 25, 50... stuff like this fans dig.

Extra special brie on the poutine tonight!

gogo

Yah, different monsters have different danger factors, hence higher abilities to drop better drops.. but what is defining what is a better drop amongst uniques?

How are we able to make an absolute statement like kira's is in same drop rate as bergonix?

gpgp

Yah, different monsters have different danger factors, hence higher abilities to drop better drops.. but what is defining what is a better drop amongst uniques?

How are we able to make an absolute statement like kira's is in same drop rate as bergonix?

gpgp

let's read the files...

Kira's wall

newBlueprint = {

id = 2808,

name = "legendary_kira_shield",

palettebits = "1111111111111111",

dmgvariation = 170,

minconstraints = {50,15,2},

lvljump = 20,

usability = 0,

allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},

uniquename = "unqiue",

specialuseonly = 0,

bonusgroup0 = {751,1000,1,9,0},

bonusgroup1 = {872,1350,1,9,0},

bonusgroup2 = {658,1350,1,9,0},

bonusgroup3 = {650,1450,1,9,0},

bonusgroup4 = {827,1500,1,9,0},

bonusgroup5 = {826,1500,1,9,0},

itemtypes = {7450,},

wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},

}

Minconstraints : 1st number is the level that you need to reach to start to have chances to drop the item (here you need to be at least level 50), the 2nd is the tier of the item (15), but the 3rd one (2) is an unknown for me. (maybe czevak can help us on this one ? :D)

Bergonix Axe

newBlueprint = {

id = 2796,

name = "legendary_bergonix_axe_2h",

palettebits = "1111111111111111",

dmgvariation = 170,

minconstraints = {20,15,1},

lvljump = 10,

usability = 0,

allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},

uniquename = "unique",

specialuseonly = 0,

bonusgroup0 = {766,1750,1,9,0},

bonusgroup1 = {875,1455,1,9,0},

bonusgroup2 = {750,1000,1,9,0},

bonusgroup3 = {859,1000,1,9,0},

bonusgroup4 = {751,1000,1,9,0},

itemtypes = {11850,},

wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_CENTURIO',},

}

Start to drop at level 20, tier 15.

Edited by Woody

Hmmmm... I always thought that the variable weightedprob had something to do with an items chance to drop. It's in the drop.txt. This is a reference to Kira's within the drop.txt file:

entry19 = {
	weightedprob=90,
	blueprint=2808,
},

Here's another way of putting this...is it possible to get out easily, which uniques are designed to drop more rarer than others... and can we produce a list from rarest to least rarest being dropped going downwards...

is this easy to pull out of files?

gogo

Here's another way of putting this...is it possible to get out easily, which uniques are designed to drop more rarer than others... and can we produce a list from rarest to least rarest being dropped going downwards...

is this easy to pull out of files?

gogo

Not really hard, at least, but really long. ;)

Easy :

- In blueprint.txt, search the item you're looking for (with the german name)

- Once you see it, check the ID :

newBlueprint = {

id = 2808,

name = "legendary_kira_shield",

- In drop.txt, search this ID, you'll get a line like this :

entry19 = {

weightedprob=90,

blueprint=2808,

},

Edited by Woody