The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

Wow! Gratz Woody! So there is light at the ned of the tunnel. If I understand correctly the general consensus on many Guardians was needed to kill in order to drop a Legendary was 400-500. With your findings it's down to 165. That's very encouraging news! One of the reasons I started the Gold Diggers was in the hope that early levels would have a greater chance of dropping. The question I'm wondering now is... If the minimum level a set can drop at is 15 and the minimum that some uniques can drop at is around level 10; What then is the minimum level that a Legendary can drop? I notice your Stradal is level 40.

The question I'm wondering now is... If the minimum level a set can drop at is 15 and the minimum that some uniques can drop at is around level 10; What then is the minimum level that a Legendary can drop? I notice your Stradal is level 40.

Each legandary has its own minimum level. For example the lowest is Enrico's Eternal Search (12) and the highest is...hm not in the wiki, called Auge um Auge in german (60). Stradal can drop from level 15. You can see this in the blueprint.txt. The 1st number is the minimum level and the 2nd number is value of rareness (0-15).

newBlueprint = {

id = 2453,

name = "unique_hammer_1h_stradal",

palettebits = "1111111111111111",

dmgvariation = 170,

minconstraints = {15,15,0},

lvljump = 5,

usability = 0,

allotment_pmfpi = {870,130,0,0,0},

uniquename = "unique",

specialuseonly = 0,

bonusgroup0 = {751,1000,1,0,0},

bonusgroup1 = {867,500,1,0,0},

bonusgroup2 = {537,1250,1,0,0},

bonusgroup3 = {520,1250,1,0,0},

bonusgroup4 = {874,250,1,0,0},

bonusgroup5 = {860,1000,10,9,0},

itemtypes = {2461,},

wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},

}

mgr.createBlueprint(2453, newBlueprint);

Btw I think finding one legendary with 165 killed bosses could be random. Lets wait if the drop rate continues in that way.

Edited by Slevin
Slevin, do you have this unique? I"m home now, I can meet you online to take a photo of it if you have it.

Sure, I'm online with "Nina Myers" (HE) on Goldservers atm.

Wow! Gratz Woody! So there is light at the ned of the tunnel. If I understand correctly the general consensus on many Guardians was needed to kill in order to drop a Legendary was 400-500. With your findings it's down to 165. That's very encouraging news! One of the reasons I started the Gold Diggers was in the hope that early levels would have a greater chance of dropping. The question I'm wondering now is... If the minimum level a set can drop at is 15 and the minimum that some uniques can drop at is around level 10; What then is the minimum level that a Legendary can drop? I notice your Stradal is level 40.

This is quite random Schot.... it boils down to an average 400/500.

That means, that after a drop, you COULD find a new legendary the next run. You can be sure however that numbers will be corrected somewhere, and you will need 800 bosses.

Greetz

p.s. is Instrument of the Assassin from ice and blood?

Seems yes, by seeing the skin and the direct damage bonus. :D

Some of the original Sacred 2 uniques had their skin changed in Ice and Blood & IIRC some of them had the direct damage mod added as well. :)

Bosskiller now level 54

Total Guardians + Egg killed : 680

Total bossruns : 136

Guardians + Egg killed since last legendary : 515

Bossruns since last legendary : 103

Boss 235 (egg) dropped a kal'dur :

img-174447m5cw4.png

And for legendary... boss 511 dropped :

img-174416dyi3j.png

Enrico's eternal search !

:P

woody, how are you keeping track of your boss runs...are you using paper, pen, are you recording them on computer?

:)

gogo

Paper + pen ! :P

I started a new Teambosskiller togehter with Dima about 2 weeks ago and only killed the guardians togehter. The drop seems to be better in a party.

We improved our time needed for every guardians run. Our average time is about 3:30min per run (including server crashes, freezes...) and the record is at 2:52min (timed from killing the egg to killing the egg).

Following items we found in the last 6 days (in that order):

• Kiras Wall (2)
  • Baelthow's Promise (4)
  • Kaldur's Legacy (2)
  • Gauntlets of Burial (2)
  • Dragonbone Swiftbow (5)
  • Tiara of Ardal
  • The Second Ring
  • Draligan's Eyes
  • Magisil
  • Silala's Ring
  • Serpent's Tongue
  • Sacred Relic (5)
  • Gleaming Plate Armor from Ahil Tar
  • Braggis' Law
  • Shield of Mirrors
  • Spirit of Time
  • Soorn's Righteous Blade
  • Dagger of the Assassins
  • Khral's Sceptre
  • Arnum's Pathfinder
  • Xerolkin's Steadfastness
  • Bergonix' Judgement
  • Brogues of Haste
  • Finrohil's Agility (2)
  • Akarim's Legacy
  • Instrument of the Assassin
  • Draligan's Gloves
  • Methedrin's Scepter
  • Nitao's Hammer of Black Death
  • Aura of Death
  • Baeltow's Strength
  • Nikotaste's Stinger
  • Stradal's Hammer

to be continued... :)

Nice!

Slevin have you been following the gold digger's thread? On our first day this sunday, tween 20-30 sets and uniques PLUS two legendaries... on our first day!

And we were all level 25 toons ;) ...in silver

The gold digger's are meeting up tomorrow too

Looks like tween your legendary hunting and the gold diggers, the goodies will really show up for Sacred 2 fans

:)

gogo

Slevin have you been following the gold digger's thread?

Not really, I just read the 1st post. Let me see if I understand it right what you are doing. Its like the former Kamikaze event with much MF? Or are you just killing the guardians over and over? And how long does one event take?

I know I could read the gold digger's thread but 6 pages...no I need the time to find more legendaries. :)

Hi,

The title of the topic was just to get some attention...First post ever here, been playing SP on PS3 for about a couple months or so now, currently have my Shadow Warrior up to level 116 on Niob.

First an on topic question, have any of you ever seen a legendary item drop from a champion, or even from a mini-boss? So far I have only gotten one from my character quest and the Boneslicer from the Undead Legion quest (both of which are relatively crappy), no others. My Shadow Warrior does not have EP or Bargaining. I'm planning on starting an EP and Bargaining Inquisitor soon, I'm curious as to how much better the item drops will be...

Some observations and comments about the game so far:

So I came into this game being completely new to the genre. As you can expect, when I first attempted to play this, I was completely overwhelmed... I ended up giving up on it and popped out the cd after about 30 minutes of play. But I've always like any kind of game where you can modify and upgrade equipment, and this one seemed very in-depth in that aspect, so I gave it another chance. The more that I came to understand about how "things" worked, the more fun it got. This is especially important, of course, when picking your equipment. But aside from that, I think the game would have been better if the map portion available for you to explore in the beginning of the game started out much smaller, and then slowly grows as you get further into your quest... in this game, you start out right smack in the middle of the biggest and most confusing area in the game (except for maybe Seraphim Islands). On top of that, when you start as Shadow Warrior, you start out in the graveyard, and silly me, I was trying to read every frickin thing that I saw, thinking that it actually may have had importance to the game or quest (lol funny when I look back on it now). Makes it soooo hard for someone like me who was just starting out...

Only now that I fully understand how the elemental damage system works do I realize how confusing it is for newer players. Probably the thing that threw me off the most was any item that had a +damage% bonus to an element, such as say Damage: Poison +20%.

That bonus is absolutely usesless if you don't have a weapon with a whole lot of green in its damage bar (poison base damage). I thought it was pretty funny yesterday when I found a nice "ice staff," had a mostly blue damage bar, but then it had a bonus "Damage: Poison +59%." What the heck is the point of that? At least I got a nice chuckle out of it. /rant off

Wait one more rant, I had spent a lot of time deciding what my last skill should be for my Shadow Warrior... what I shame that I had not read any forums yet and picked Blacksmith over Hafted Weapons :tease: And apparently Blacksmith will never be fixed on Consoles... what a joke.

Sorry that this post was a little all over the place, I am very interested to know about your guys' experiences with legendary drops though. Thanks.

Hi,

The title of the topic was just to get some attention...First post ever here, been playing SP on PS3 for about a couple months or so now, currently have my Shadow Warrior up to level 116 on Niob.

First an on topic question, have any of you ever seen a legendary item drop from a champion, or even from a mini-boss? So far I have only gotten one from my character quest and the Boneslicer from the Undead Legion quest (both of which are relatively crappy), no others. My Shadow Warrior does not have EP or Bargaining. I'm planning on starting an EP and Bargaining Inquisitor soon, I'm curious as to how much better the item drops will be...

Some observations and comments about the game so far:

So I came into this game being completely new to the genre. As you can expect, when I first attempted to play this, I was completely overwhelmed... I ended up giving up on it and popped out the cd after about 30 minutes of play. But I've always like any kind of game where you can modify and upgrade equipment, and this one seemed very in-depth in that aspect, so I gave it another chance. The more that I came to understand about how "things" worked, the more fun it got. This is especially important, of course, when picking your equipment. But aside from that, I think the game would have been better if the map portion available for you to explore in the beginning of the game started out much smaller, and then slowly grows as you get further into your quest... in this game, you start out right smack in the middle of the biggest and most confusing area in the game (except for maybe Seraphim Islands). On top of that, when you start as Shadow Warrior, you start out in the graveyard, and silly me, I was trying to read every frickin thing that I saw, thinking that it actually may have had importance to the game or quest (lol funny when I look back on it now). Makes it soooo hard for someone like me who was just starting out...

Only now that I fully understand how the elemental damage system works do I realize how confusing it is for newer players. Probably the thing that threw me off the most was any item that had a +damage% bonus to an element, such as say Damage: Poison +20%.

That bonus is absolutely usesless if you don't have a weapon with a whole lot of green in its damage bar (poison base damage). I thought it was pretty funny yesterday when I found a nice "ice staff," had a mostly blue damage bar, but then it had a bonus "Damage: Poison +59%." What the heck is the point of that? At least I got a nice chuckle out of it. /rant off

Wait one more rant, I had spent a lot of time deciding what my last skill should be for my Shadow Warrior... what I shame that I had not read any forums yet and picked Blacksmith over Hafted Weapons :tease: And apparently Blacksmith will never be fixed on Consoles... what a joke.

Sorry that this post was a little all over the place, I am very interested to know about your guys' experiences with legendary drops though. Thanks.

Heh. Rant on! This game gives ample opportunity, since we're on console, we have no choice but to grin and bear it....

I'm about 15 months into the game... 0 dropped legendaries. I am working on a build to find one, but it will be at least a month before she's ready to giv'er the "old college try" and run Guardians non-stop.

IIRC, Inquisitors cannot have EP... just a thought.

Since the poll regarding kill speed/item drops, I am inclined to say that # of hits is the #1 factor in determining your drops. EP and Chance to Find Valuables help, but I cannot say how, or how much. I really came to that realization after taking out all my CFV and put in offensive rings / Whets, etc. I was running about 60% CFV from level 15-22 and did not find one single unique. Mostly 0-star and 1-star. After switch-over, I've gotten some uniques, but I am still weak - 2-3 hits to kill normal mobs, and 7-10 for champions and elites.

Heh. Rant on! This game gives ample opportunity, since we're on console, we have no choice but to grin and bear it....

I'm about 15 months into the game... 0 dropped legendaries. I am working on a build to find one, but it will be at least a month before she's ready to giv'er the "old college try" and run Guardians non-stop.

IIRC, Inquisitors cannot have EP... just a thought.

Since the poll regarding kill speed/item drops, I am inclined to say that # of hits is the #1 factor in determining your drops. EP and Chance to Find Valuables help, but I cannot say how, or how much. I really came to that realization after taking out all my CFV and put in offensive rings / Whets, etc. I was running about 60% CFV from level 15-22 and did not find one single unique. Mostly 0-star and 1-star. After switch-over, I've gotten some uniques, but I am still weak - 2-3 hits to kill normal mobs, and 7-10 for champions and elites.

Ya, I saw last night after getting my Inquisitor to level 2 that he cannot learn EP... started a Temple Guardian instead *snore*

I've read over the poll on kill speed/item drops, not sure I agree with the theory... unique drops seems to be based entirely on luck for me. I can specifically remember a few instances where it took me a long time (30+ seconds?) to take out a particular champion, and that champion ended up dropping a unique. I remember one day getting 3 uniques dropped over about a 10 minute span, then for the next several hours, no uniques at all...

Anyways, it seems like the PC version of this game is the way to go... it sounds like there is too much that is broken on console versions that is never going to get fixed.

Question about MP as opposed to SP... it sounds like MP allows you to kill bosses over and over. Is it possible to play on MP without having to deal with other players trying to kill me? :tease:

Absolutely. Simply make a free play server. Other players can only kill you on a PvP server. This way you can do boss runs over and over till you drop :tease:

EDIT: This is what I love about Sacred 2 online. It's not an MMORPG when people can steal your stuff, gank, steal kills, or PK you cause they feel like it.

Edited by Dobri
Absolutely. Simply make a free play server. Other players can only kill you on a PvP server. This way you can do boss runs over and over till you drop :woot:

EDIT: This is what I love about Sacred 2 online. It's not an MMORPG when people can steal your stuff, gank, steal kills, or PK you cause they feel like it.

I believe if you set your on-line game to "private", no one can join until you "allow" it. Not too sure how the console servers handle that (ie how to allow someone to join).

Gee, online seems like a lot of fun. :) It would be "nice" to play "naughty" with others! (and by that, I mean being naughty to the enemies, not my friends.)

Happy farming/hunting!