The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Thank you czevak! We really appreciate that you are taking the time to help us understand what you guys are doing. As you can see here there is certainly an interest in the work you guys have been doing. :) Do you think Deep Silver is as curious about your work as we are? I sure hope so!

P.s.

Sorry about that login problem. :4rofl:

Hey, czevak. :)

Are u also gonna make the code items drop? That in itself would add quite a bit more items to the game. :)

Hehe...I'm way ahead of you. :4rofl: XD

However could someone describe whats wrong with instill belief?

I checked the powerful voice (or whatever this increased range mod is called) just now and it correctly doubled the range. (from 2,8m to 5,7m in my case, there was just 1 rune read in for this quick check.)

Hey czevak!

Thanks for your posts. :4rofl:

When you have the time, can you see if you know anything about this shadow warrior set : insignia of centuria (?)

here an example : http://www.sacred-fr.com/forums/viewtopic....p=104817#104817 (sorry it's in french)

Hope deep silver will recognize the work of your "team" and apply this patch to closed-net servers. :D

Yeah... I don't know this part of the french community, and I think that the player have a bit "too-much-tweaked" his game...

But, sets he posted are ingame, so I really think that this set for Shadow Warrior is ingame.

Bonus :

Legs :

Def skills

Def %

Def +xx

Spauldiers (?)

Regen time -xx%

Opponent's chance for secondary effets -xx%

Death warrior +xx

Sash (?)

Max HP.

Chances to block melee

Head :

Intelligence +xx% :4rofl:

Physical damage mitigation

All combat arts

Armor :

All skills

Def value +xx

Atk value +xx

Arms :

Chances for critical hits

Atk value +xx

Atk speed

Boots :

Dexterity +xx%

Chances to block melee

FINAL BONUS :

All combat arts

Regen time -xx%

Chances for double hit ! :D

Sorry if some names are wrong...

Hello,

I'm finally here to shed some light into the darkness of what we've been doing. (Had the famous Login-Issues so wasn't able to log in here for some time.)

Marcus is mainly working on the questscripts. Main goal is to have a clear questlog, and tweaking some quest-flow as we find it better/more consistent to play.

I am working pretty much working on all of the item stuff. This means unlocking Stuff that already finished, but did for some obscure reason not make it to the game. Thats the easiest part. Completing unfinished items, like the aforementioned unique dryad hat or the T-energy-sets (= wrappings of mutation. :4rofl: ) takes a lot more time.

I had a look at the fistweapons by the way and see no reason why they should not be included in the game. I also checked for the Fistweapon-Lore skill in the game-ui xmls but there seems to be no way that I can think of to re-implement this combatskill. I think it might have been out-commented in the sourcecode before compiling anyway (had similar frustration with unlocking the mounts saddle slots...they are there, the saddle goes in, and is displayed on the mount but the game does not know how to use or even save them. dang.).

I will however have a look at the skills Llama8 mentioned here.

If you are aware of any other stuff that needs fixing, feel free to report it per PN or here in the thread.

Greetings from germany.

Awesome! Love the work you did with the Xmas quest. hope the stuff your doing will be comming soon. and if not for closed net, a quick switch like you did for us on the Xmas quest would still be fun!

For anyone wanting to contribute Bugs and other stuff we should have a look on:

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt

It's our Bugtracker.

Just register yourself a reporter account and start reporting...

Zatoichi: I will take a look at your post.

EDIT: We are planning for the wrappings of mutation to get into the game. Some of them lack bonuses which have to be assigned first. This takes much time.

BTW: I already put centurios insignia in. :4rofl:

Edited by czevak
If the fist weapons can be added to the game, but not a weapon lore for them, can the weapons be changed to get bonuses from sword weapon lore or something?

I dont see why they should not...maybe its possible to sort them into categories according to shape (blunt, blade...)

If the fist weapons can be added to the game, but not a weapon lore for them, can the weapons be changed to get bonuses from sword weapon lore or something?

I dont see why they should not...maybe its possible to sort them into categories according to shape (blunt, blade...)

That could be interesting... In any case, I have to say, you and any others who have contributed to this patch, have done an amazing job with what you have done, hopefully deep silver is paying some attention to you guys hard work!

Are fist weapons two-handed or single handed?

I think if they get a weapon-type they will loose the animations for unarmed.

From what I have seen they are two-handed weapons.

However could someone describe whats wrong with instill belief?

I checked the powerful voice (or whatever this increased range mod is called) just now and it correctly doubled the range. (from 2,8m to 5,7m in my case, there was just 1 rune read in for this quick check.)

Hi Czevak, I'm talking about the other mod (the bottom one - Elocution), which increases the chance to convert from ~10% (IIRC@ level 1) to 100%, so if you pick that mod, you will always convert all monsters in the area!

From the spells.txt file:

entry2 = {"et_convert_chance", 1050, 4, 0, 4 },
entry4 = {"et_convert_chance", 1100, 2, 2, 4 },

I think they made a mistake & entry4 should be 110, rather than 1100. I'll have a look tonight to see if changing that entry to 110 fixes it, but I think it should.

Edit:

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank! :)

If fist weapons are two-handed and you will give them sword type, then you will have 1 and not 2 attacks. If you make them a shield the code handles it as weaponless combat. (see spidergirl Kungfu Dryads, or the shadow warrior with a shield and no weapon)

But before we discuss any further they first have to be unlocked :)

Perhaps they do unarmed animations already if they have no weapon type.

Also, I'd personally like to see the attack bonus on Battle Aura/Combat Alert changed from just melee to melee/ranged (ie, change entry2 from et_CC_AWboost_rel to et_AWboost_rel), but I'm not sure if you're looking for that kind of change.

Archimedes Beam:

change damage type from physical to fire (as it was early on) - change entry3 to et_spelldamage_fire

change fightDistance to 0.000000 (ie, unlimited distance, as it was originally)

Levin Array:

reduce fightDistance slightly (the maximum cast range for LA is slightly too long, so it's possible to cast LA but not hit a stationary monster as the monster is too far away).

For all melee range attacks, increasing the fightDistance should (I think) make it so that your character doesn't run round & round & round a group of monsters trying to use the Combat Art with a melee weapon, rather than taking 1 step forward (or not at all) & casting the Combat Art...

Buffs:

Does changing the "animTypeRide" entry to "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM0x-SPECIAL" (where x is specific to the special animations when on the special mount) mean that you can use buffs while mounted?

If fist weapons are two-handed and you will give them sword type, then you will have 1 and not 2 attacks. If you make them a shield the code handles it as weaponless combat. (see spidergirl Kungfu Dryads, or the shadow warrior with a shield and no weapon)

It might also mean that Inqs/TGs might not be able to use them if they're classed as a shield/2-handed weapon?

I think I could leave the classifier for fistweapon in, and just change the bonusgroup from fistewaponboni to swordrelated bonuses. :P

They are 1H btw... :)

@llama8: Put it in the Bugtracker, plz. I will then have a look at it. :D

Edited by czevak

I think I could leave the classifier for fistweapon in, and just change the bonusgroup from fistewaponboni to swordrelated bonuses. :P

They are 1H btw... :)

@llama8: Put it in the Bugtracker, plz. I will then have a look at it. :D

Strange, as shown on this pic it's two handed: http://forum.sacred2.com/attachment.php?at...mp;d=1252759781

Maybe they planned to include them in Ice and Blood and changed them to 1 handed, but forgot to implement them into the game.

Strange, as shown on this pic it's two handed: http://forum.sacred2.com/attachment.php?at...mp;d=1252759781

Maybe they planned to include them in Ice and Blood and changed them to 1 handed, but forgot to implement them into the game.

Args...sorry they are classified as 2 handed, but appear only in the characters right hand, when worn. This had me fooled and I think the reason for this lies in render-compatibility with the aforementioned TWs and Inqs. They should be able to wield them.

Buffs:

Does changing the "animTypeRide" entry to "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM0x-SPECIAL" (where x is specific to the special animations when on the special mount) mean that you can use buffs while mounted?

No...the greying-out of the buff bubbles when riding a normal mount seems to be hardcoded. I wanted to implement a way to get better use out of the normal mounts by letting them allow buffs. To no avail so far. :)

Edited by czevak
Are fist weapons two-handed or single handed?

I think if they get a weapon-type they will loose the animations for unarmed.

From what I have seen they are two-handed weapons.

I had 2 pairs of "Knuckles". They were 2H weapons.

Buffs:

No...the greying-out of the buff bubbles when riding a normal mount seems to be hardcoded. I wanted to implement a way to get better use out of the normal mounts by letting them allow buffs. To no avail so far. :)

But if you make the requisite changes to the buffs, will they remain active when mounted on a horse? It's a workaround (if it works' course), if not the most elegant/best.

Im not sure what you mean. Could you try it out?

However: The fistweapons are in, but the wonderful color variants included in the icons.zip do not work right now...