Photo

How long have you been here at DarkMatters?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Timotheus

Timotheus

Cobalt Warrior

• Members
  • 2,328 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

• When you arrived at DarkMatters: 31 May 2007
  • How many years here you've been a member: registered user since day one, me thinks, and a proud D.a.r.k. member since 23 July 2007
  • How did you find this site: SIF

It was a complete trip down memory lane digging up this info! :P

Did I mention I miss the groove theme? :sun:     

Edited by Timotheus, 28 November 2013 - 05:30 PM.

~ Thylysium Cemetary - Timotheus Level 100 Dark Elf

~ He was stunned to be unexpectedly frazzled in Hell's Ridge.

#22 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,063 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Um.. OK.. Tho the forum software already has the 1st one - it's visible anytime you hover the mouse over your name in the post listings..

According to that, I've been  here since April 28th, 2010...

That means I've been on here 3 years, 6 months, 4 weeks and 2 days.. Gotta luv Windows 7's calculator for figuring that out...

As to how I got here.. Google. A friend of mine handed me the disks for Sacred 2 and wanted me to find out if it was a good game or not. I had some questions about stuff and did a Google search which brought me here. Wound up signing in and well. the rest, as they say is history.

Only three year? :o :P

And, how many hundreds of uploads to the Wiki downloads did you help put up?

That put us on the map, I remember a member saying that she'd never seen anything like it...that we were the first game wiki that came with a button that allowed instant satisfaction, and that we were going way out of the spirit of the game, and creating someting that had never been done before, and perhaps should/could have been forbidden...

I say more buttons!

Thanks Wolfie

:bounce:

gogo

#23 Wygram

Wygram

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

only since 2011, over at Sacred 2 International since 2008. Started off playing Sacred (still love that elf) and moved on to 2.

Original system - Apple ][+ 48k, tape interface and RF modulator for TV - 8 colors (2 black), the games had less graphic content but were more fun.

Hellgate: London - Founder - dumb move of the century.

#24 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Well, we do have a "member since" date in our profile descriptions...

Got myself Sacred 2 in mid July of 2012.

Signed up on 18 Sep 2012 (so over a year now). Been looking around may be a week or two before that, when looking for help on quests and so on, and also to vote the “Temple Guardian should be a PC in Sacred 3” anywhere I can.

Only became an actual active member since half a year ago, when I started moding the Sacred games to my liking, and seeing questions I could answer.

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#25 Spock

Spock

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Chattius, I can't see your start date, do you remember when you came on board the team?

:)

gogo

I just looked in his profile and found, "Member Since 16 Jun 2009".

Edited by Spock, 29 November 2013 - 11:43 AM.

I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#26 tom.morrow

tom.morrow

Radon Master

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Spock me thinks he meant the Team 

like the mod team, that is 

cheers

Loading dopefish...

#27 Aegis

Aegis

Prince of Helium

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:FauxKarma

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

According to my profile... Dec. 10, 2010. That means I will be a three year old on this forum soon. :D As for how I found this place, through the wiki while looking up Sacred 2 stuff. ;p My builds were a complete mess back then. >>;

T3h 4rT15t 1z k1uk1n 8uTZ!11!1oneone

#28 Knuckles

Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,241 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Been a member since July 6th 2007, though I was coming here several months before as a lurker....still have that lurker mentality somewhat but gogo has been breaking me of that habit...slowly...very slowly but he's doing it.

#29 Spock

Spock

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Been a member since July 6th 2007, though I was coming here several months before as a lurker....still have that lurker mentality somewhat but gogo has been breaking me of that habit...slowly...very slowly but he's doing it.

I don't know. With less than 400 to almost 5000, I think I outrank you as a Lurker ...

I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#30 Knuckles

Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,241 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Nah you definitely got me there...just the 1st year or so I think I averaged 0.0125 posts per day. If it wasn't for the wiki I'd probably have about 2000 posts, but you still are a better lurker anyways :)

#31 jaxx

jaxx

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Bought Sacred 2 Gold in the summer of 2010... Started looking for info for the game on the net... And ended joining this Good Ole Club on September 21, 2010...

#32 tom.morrow

tom.morrow

Radon Master

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

:empty gaze: 

I see sinister gogo has found a new way for a spam thread   :evil: 

You are here : X

#33 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

:empty gaze: 

I see sinister gogo has found a new way for a spam thread   :evil:

You are here : X

Haha, I think you may be right here :P  But on a more serious note, this is some pretty cool stuff.  I've always wondered how long some of our active members and lurkers have been around for and everyone's story has been pretty interesting! Keep 'em coming I say!  :viking:

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#34 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,063 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

I first read this forum in August 2008, shortly before Sacred 2 was released. I officially joined in late September. I've been a member of this amazing community for over 5 years now. :)

I found this forum via the Sacred International Forum, like some of you. I was pretty excited about Sacred 2, and I had a blast playing the game with some of you!

Max, I was hoping you'd post!

yes, I remember when you first came and posted, local member too!

That was an amazing post you made of the contents of Sacred 2 from the box all laid out very nicely and organized.

Thanks for all the work and contributions you 've made to the community, we're counting on at least five more years of love!

gogo

#35 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,063 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Nah you definitely got me there...just the 1st year or so I think I averaged 0.0125 posts per day. If it wasn't for the wiki I'd probably have about 2000 posts, but you still are a better lurker anyways :)

Woah, is that six year Rob? R u the oldest posting vet on the boards now?

This also kinda came about because one day, just for kix, was going through some of the old Key Largo posts, the oldest forum on the site, and saw the bar thread... I was a bit taken back, and perhaps even scared seeing how fast the years have gone by when I saw that post date.

Yeah, if not for Wiki, you'd have post count in the stratosphere^^

gogo

#36 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,063 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

According to my profile... Dec. 10, 2010. That means I will be a three year old on this forum soon. :D As for how I found this place, through the wiki while looking up Sacred 2 stuff. ;p My builds were a complete mess back then. >>;

3 years ia great!

Aegis, your art's always going up, and it's a draw for the community, as well as your love for the second latest Star Trek movie (rawr the sound of the warp pods being ejected!).

Thanks for keeping here with us

gogo

#37 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,063 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

• How many years here you've been a member: registered user since day one, me thinks, and a proud D.a.r.k. member since 23 July 2007

5 years Timo?

I thought we'd dragged you in earlier than that :P

I remember years ago that huge fall u took and those bruises all over your...seems like aeons ago, with you off to another country and practically married now!

gogo

#38 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,063 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

only since 2011, over at Sacred 2 International since 2008. Started off playing Sacred (still love that elf) and moved on to 2.

2 years ia great!

I know a lot of other friends I have online move from site to site like lemmings, jumping off the proverbial cliff as soon as a new game is released.

For some reason though, we seem to be able to squeeze some value out of this game, with some corollary games running on the side.

Thanks for the posts Wygram, and when I had played Guild Wars 2, always enjoyed the company.

gogo

#39 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

I know a lot of other friends I have online move from site to site like lemmings, jumping off the proverbial cliff as soon as a new game is released.

I think this is because these communities care more about what game they are playing rather than the people they are playing with.  I think that's why we always come back to D.a.r.k - the community is epic :D

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#40 Timotheus

Timotheus

Cobalt Warrior

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

5 years Timo?

I thought we'd dragged you in earlier than that :P

I remember years ago that huge fall u took and those bruises all over your...seems like aeons ago, with you off to another country and practically married now!

gogo

Ahh master gogoblender, the one who dragged me into this place :lol:  but, if I'm counting correctly, that's 6 not 5 years :badbad: but hey, still a Dutchie here! We only went to S'pore and Bali on a trip, we didn't end up staying there! And about that married bit HUSH my gf might hear you! :ninja2:

Edited by Timotheus, 02 December 2013 - 03:55 PM.

~ Thylysium Cemetary - Timotheus Level 100 Dark Elf

~ He was stunned to be unexpectedly frazzled in Hell's Ridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users