408 replies to this topic

#1 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,024 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Mod is complete and released!  Community Items Mod v1.2 Download Thread.

After releasing my Dragon Mage Sets Mod, I started thinkng about what direction I would take the mod next. At first this thread was only about modding in new uniques and legendary items (weapons or armor).  However, now after receiving so many great suggestions, ideas, and contributions from talented modders, the mod has now become the "Community Items Mod".  Suggestions and new ideas are always welcome.

Because this thread has become very long and the number of items very large, this post will serve as an overview and a Table of Contents for all the new content added in the CM Items Mod.  The links below will take you the spots in this thread and other threads where I posted pics and described in detail the stats and lore of the items.

New Weapons in Version 1.2
Update#1: 2 new axes from Torchlight 2!
s3qevtyt.jpg   YpFTA91t.jpg

Update #2: New Fire Weapons, including an unlocked Carnach staff, an NPC torch, and an imported torch design from Torchlight 2!
DpMMq9Gt.jpg   lDck56Ut.jpg

Update #3: New sword weapons, including a T-Energy sword, a Conan the Barbarian sword, and a mini-set with a demon sword, amulet and unique smoke shield! Swordstaff lightsabers also updated with new colors and Maul's Swordstaff gets a unique model!
9WN1b05t.jpg   FWilcvat.jpg

Update #4: 4 new polearms, including spears and tridents inspired by Titan Quest and Dark Souls!
R7Qbiikt.jpg   Xp3ic44t.jpg

Updates 5 & 6:  2 new magic staves, 3 new fist weapons, Dryad boots, and unlocked NPC weapons and shields!
ol1cJ6st.jpg   qtF8xaRt.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------
New Weapons in Version 1.1
Update#1: 6 brand new Swords, 4 of which are inspired by Sacred 1 designs.  Two new shields and a new Luger pistol!
oIh99vwt.jpg   9veggLst.jpg

Update#2: Two new weapon/shield sets, plus unlocked Undead and Orc weapons!
DPvxX4st.jpg   biiY6oYt.jpg

Update #3:  A trio of items designed from the Devil May Cry games!
1TwvY8qt.jpg  AVPwohVt.jpg  Pezvv4Yt.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------
Weapons in v. 1.0

Sacred 1 Items
Weapons and shields imported or recreated from Sacred 1 to Sacred 2!
KRlqA7Ct.jpg   mjTyXmXt.jpg

Shields
9 new unique and legendary shields, and also 11 new random shields, almost all unlocked and brand-new designs, and many including a new feature - damage bonuses!
 bk4MSIbt.jpg   ctQroLAt.jpg

Swords
14 new unique swords, including fist weapons, unlocked Ogre swords, new lightsabers, and a whole new weapon class: the Lightsaber Swordstaff!
krz0bmzt.jpg   rwxh7Zyt.jpg

More info about new 1h lightsabers

More info about new 2h lightsabers

Hafted Weapons
9 new axes, clubs, and hammers, including 2 new dual wield sets, 2 unlocked Orc weapons, and more!
atfci7ct.jpg   VYTuZ9mt.jpg

Polearms
6 new unique Polearms of all types, including a unique scythe!
I7eO5jpt.jpg   gLNFyhat.jpg

Magic Staves
9 new 1h and 2h magic staves, including a brand new staff model that appears as both rare and Legendary variants, plus the game's first dual wielding magic staff set!
HG6pfGAt.jpg   MShD8CIt.jpg

New Dual Wielding Staff Set info

Ranged Weapons + New Dryad Set
Unique Ranged Weapons of all varieties, shapes and sizes: 3 Bows, 3 Blowpipes, 2 Throwing Stars, a Throwing Dagger and new Throw Potion, not to mention two new big Energy Weapons and an Energy Pistol.  Also look for a new jewelry set featuring the game's first unique Shrunken Head!
uLAAKRtt.jpg   UpmmJyCt.jpg

New Armor Sets

By Dimitrius154:
Doom Guard Armor - Shadow Warrior Set + Golden variant that appears as random armor.
4hlA5Lct.jpg   6adRag0t.jpg   0IHteBJt.jpg

Kha-Beleth's Sovereignty - Dragon Mage Set
98zC5XKt.jpg   jhhf2m2t.jpg

Children of Asha - High Elf Set + 3 Variants that Appear as Random Armor
I9qE9YFt.jpg   JkY9Kikt.jpg   IdSa5Opt.jpg   cqAOHm6t.jpg   JkqAVFJt.jpg

The Judicator - Inquisitor Set
RaD6ugrt.jpg   oARzOGVt.jpg

By Pesmontis:
Range Array - High Elf Set
E6aQBz1t.jpg   0GunrZut.jpg

Lara's Glad Rags - High Elf Set
WRMMLe1t.jpg   Ny5mlJGt.jpg

Genesis Siderea - Seraphim Set
9zHIAN0t.jpg   XGKDf9Pt.jpg

By tom.morrow:
Impressions of Sophia - Seraphim Set
yZ9WYPAt.jpg   a7NfL4pt.jpg

By Flix:
Disgraced Gods - Inquisitor Set
LrvXc0rt.jpg   IEqx8s5t.jpg

Also appearing in the mod are of course my 3 previously released Dragon Mage Sets:
Chaoskampf
F2Q7lg8t.jpg   1Je4qmRt.jpg

Auspicious Powers
6SWW2nbt.jpg   cGVkbgwt.jpg

Draco's Garments of Mutation
X5XwxWCt.jpg   oftSbaBt.jpg

Armor Designs By LazyTomcat:
The Wildcat - Dryad Set
1jBNpfKt.jpg   Fgs7OTGt.jpg

Frozen Gems - High Elf Set
GEEuhqat.jpg   w3ppZdmt.jpg

Mage of the Spectrum - High Elf Set + White variant that appears as random armor
Dp8neFFt.jpg   IljcH1Xt.jpg    PI2kkvjt.jpg

Misc Armor Pieces
New High Elf armor pieces (by Pesmontis):
FHuMO3st.jpg   lTYU0CVt.jpg

New Inquisitor Bone Helm and Shoulder Variants (Green, Orange, & Red) (By Dimitrius154)
VGNUSEAt.jpg

New helmets for the other 5 characters! (By Silver Fox & Pesmontis)
TwWmhDet.jpg dC9EL6Ut.jpg BOeJYPht.jpg

New Feathered Seraphim Wings (by Pesmontis)
I9L8D2St.jpg

Misc Features of the Mod

• Grunwald's Protection shield is now tier 13 (proper unique item) and has been added to the appropriate drop lists.
  • Kroll's Law (2h Unlock Sword) added to the appropriate drop lists.
  • Tinwora's Curse no longer requires Armor Lore skill to unlock Casting Speed bonus.
  • All Mutation sets have been added to the appropriate drop lists, so should be found more frequently (chance reduced slightly from 1.0->1.1).
  • Seraphim-specific random shields now have a chance to have sockets.
  • The Fallen Angel mini-set "Ashes of Perdition" for the High Elf will now drop more often (it was previously missing from some of the proper drop lists).
  • Random 1H Lightsabers and 2H Lightsabers can now be found as drops from enemies, in addition to being bought.
  • The High Elf's ponytail hairstyle is now animated.  Her hair bounces when she walks and runs (courtesy Pesmontis).
  • Fixes for armor appearance issues with custom skin colors (courtesy Silver Fox).
  • Fix for missing quiver texture for human archers (courtesy Silver Fox).
  • Fixed some minor clipping issues with Dragon Mage and Seraphim gloves.
  • Corrected various minor typos and irregularities with item names.

Future Plans and Wishlist
Elite Mounts Project
Titan Quest Weapons and Shields
Force Field Shields
Xrystal's Gossamer Wings Set (by Silver Fox)
Transparent/Ethereal/Stealth Armor

Unused and NPC Items - This is another thread that may be of interest. It details my exploration through the game files to find new items to unlock for the player. Most of them have been added to the mod in some fashion.

Edited by Flix, 25 July 2014 - 06:53 PM.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#2 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,933 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

What I wanted when playing Unarmed: why there is no shield with damage?

Would allow to have fun with kungfu characters earlier in game and not needing to reach gold levels for good x-x damage rings.

Perhaps having the damage unlocked with shield lore.
Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#3 Yoshio

Yoshio

Radon Master

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

As a great Star Wars fan, what I do miss, but maybe this is just my lack of knowledge, are unique and legendary Lightsabres. I think, I have read that one legendary was implemented with the CM-Patch, but I'm not too sure about that!?

But anyway, I would be very happy if there could be more in the game!

#4 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

As a great Star Wars fan, what I do miss, but maybe this is just my lack of knowledge, are unique and legendary Lightsabres. I think, I have read that one legendary was implemented with the CM-Patch, but I'm not too sure about that!?

But anyway, I would be very happy if there could be more in the game!

Uniques implemented by the Cm patch and legendaries, including the lightsabers you have mentioned.

#5 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Oh yeah, Lightsabers!  There is only one unique (Bringer of Light) and one legendary (Power of NIF).   I also forgot energy weapons and pistols, there could be more of these for sure.  I wonder if I could make a double lightsaber like Darth Maul had? (total wishful thinking, I'm not a 3D modeler....yet).

@Chattius: That's very intriguing about shields....I just realized most games like this have a "shield bash" or "shield charge" attack, but Sacred games do not!  I bet I could add damage properties onto a shield, but making a character able to attack with it, would probably take some research on my part...I'll see what I can figure out.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#6 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,933 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

The hard hit of the shadow warrior already executes something like a shield bash. If you have your right hand free and a shield in the left the game counts it has a fist attack with 2 hits. It is  a punch with the right, followed by a bash with the shield in the left.

Actually a weaponless SW with a shield is playable much like a Kungfu Dryad. I call these builds Captain America builds.

Captain America Build:

2 hits as if having double-wield, but the protection of a shield added. Late game using a mirror shield with 3 sockets and damage 45-45 rings in it is same as wielding 2 weapons with 135 damage, but without wasting a skill for doublewield.

The experience I made with it: not having a weapon skill allows using a x% lifeleech weapon at bosses and play with just a shield at mobs. Because of the exploding double hits having 50% death blow makes one hits (actually two hits, but just ONE hard hit ca used). Since the second swing with the shield auto targets when the enemy is  dead at first punch the kill speed is quite high.

Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#7 Thorin Oakshield

Thorin Oakshield

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

What I would like to see are two more weaponsets aiming at Dual Wielding.

Right now we got the "remnant's of Drizt" set, which are swords, but having something similar for both the single handed hammers and the single handed axes would be nice.

The axes might be "equipped" with poison damage - think of a rusty, damaged cutting edge of the axe - while the hammers might be "equipped" with either fire or magic damage. Or even both.

Add a (damage) ring and a (protective) amulet to both sets and the player got enough choice with the three sets to use whatever he / she needs.

An completely unique armour / weapon set for all classes would be nice as well; but I have to think about that a bit more. As soon as I got that worked out, I'll reply here.

Thorin :)

#8 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

A TG Robocop armor set. Both classic silver and new black :sweating: . Maybe redo one of the plasma pistols into Auto 9 pistol.

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#9 Pesmontis

Pesmontis

Radon Master

• Modder
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

MOAR LOOT!

:pirate:   The yell of the year for Ancaria :-)

.. a double lightsaber..

That should be possible: as a pole arm.

ehm.. I don't want to torpedo anyone's fantasy about new loot, but I think that new stuff is just easier to create if it's an object, not something that might be done with objects. In addition, it would be good to consider the bonusses of an object. Of course it's no problem to have, say, two weapons with the same capabilities, but there wouldn't be much need to create it (unless of course it looks absolutely stunning + everyone agrees on that ;-)

Anyway, I'd like to suggest that if you know of a combination of bonusses that would be a niche, then it might be a lot easier to get a weapon or anything else created for it.
Also, any drawing or look-alike picture would help.

Edited by Pesmontis, 25 January 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#10 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Yes, suggestions for item bonuses are welcome too.

So far, I know Chattius feels that +Combat Art Range and Chance to Halve Regeneration Time are underused and have the possibility to be very powerful.

#11 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,933 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

I would limit the +ca-range items to classes which are weak in it. Overdoing ca-range modifiers may rob fun. The seraphim (CM-patch) for example is already near double ca-range late game.

Über den Wolken

#12 Gilberticus

Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

Is it easier to entirely create a new set of armor, or re-texture an existing one? I really like the black leather bodysuit/trench coat combo that movies have given female vampires and vampire hunters, I bet re texturing the Virtues of the Seraphim/Niokaste sets would fit the bill nicely. But my biggest vote, even if it's just a pipe dream, is Sx's suggestion about the RoboCop sets.

#13 Gilberticus

Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

I gotta get to work, but I had a few more ideas. 1) Judge armor from the Dredd movie, 2) for shadow warrior=Necromonger armor from the Chronicles of Riddick, and 3) Scorpius's leather suit for the Inquisitor. Here's a decent picture:

http://2.bp.blogspot...00/scorpius.jpg

#14 Pesmontis

Pesmontis

Radon Master

• Modder
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Is it easier to entirely create a new set of armor, or re-texture an existing one?

Re-texturing is easier.

Then comes altering existing meshes (like applying new UV texture coordinates, or adding small meshdetails).

Taking even more effort is creating a new mesh from scratch (or from a drawing).

Most effort would take to create an entirely new character w. animations & the like.

Here's an extremely original one:

http://haikai13.devi...r-set-261482678

I found it searching for "armor set" with Google Images (using double quotes).

To me it seems that a lot of this stuff is being done with GW2.

Nevertheless when considering the general armor set, they're all quite the same to me:

a helmet, schoulder guards (almost bound to have spikes), chest plate, leg plates, extremely dull boots..

I would almost suggest Star Wars armor, but that doesn't really fit to the game.

.. the black leather bodysuit/trench coat combo..

I like that too, but I don't think that scorpius falls under this category.

I think these are more like it:

AionBalicArmor.jpg

It's very well possible to have this kind of clothing in Sacred 2, even with 'waving-in-da-wind' animations, but that would take a professional animator to create. Much easier would be skin-tight or close-to-da-skin clothing and rigid armor.

#15 Gilberticus

Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Those are pretty slick!

#16 Gilberticus

Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

You said you would almost suggest Star Wars armor, but it wouldn't fit in the game. How so? We already have light sabers and the Vader mask. There are so many references and Easter eggs from so many books, movies, and games that I think there's a whole cornucopia of designs we could play with. At the same time, I kind of know what you mean. I modded so many different armors and weapons into Skyrim (from Star Wars, Predator, Tera, Spawn, to Terminator, Fallout, Witcher, and a million other games) that it didn't really feel like Skyrim anymore. Maybe that's a danger we'd face; using too many ideas outside of Sacred might destroy the atmosphere of Ancaria.

#17 Pesmontis

Pesmontis

Radon Master

• Modder
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, that's how I feel about it, but mine's only one opinion. I think in the original game, the Endijian's Artifacts set is already a depart from Ancaria's atmosphere: if magic & tech. get mixed, then a backing story better be good.. Although this of course makes it possible for everyone to use their favorite weapon type / armor type. Except for burning cattle whips of course. I guess we need to import them from Heroes of Might & Magic ;-)

#18 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Personally I probably won't be making any modern/futuristic items, unless they're already part of the game (Lightstaber, Energy Weapon, Temple Guardian).  I don't really like sci-fi and the tech stuff is something I "tolerate" in Sacred 2 as part of it's general silliness and love of Star Wars.

#19 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

What about hats?

NPCs have lots of cool hats.

TGinafedora.png

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#20 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I like that idea.  It looks a little steampunk.  I like older looking things, I mean it's not like a Tron cap.  I'm about to make a leap and try learn how handle the 3D models and meshes of the game.  I may be able to steal all kind of stuff from NPC's.

Ok, ok, so maybe I am trying to make a Darth Maul mask for the Dragon Mage.  :blush:

Edited by Flix, 18 January 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modding, new items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users