Sign in to follow this  
Flix

The Diablo 2 Fallen Items Thread

Can weapons and monsters be used without the mod? Why not single downloadable files also to use them without the Diablo Fallen mod of weapons and monsters?

IAY053t.jpg

r4W1K2E.jpg

Y8dackC.jpg

ymwu6OV.jpg

yJJGEGR.jpg

Edited by Lussbhel

4 hours ago, Lussbhel said:

Can weapons and monsters be used without the mod? Why not single downloadable files also to use them without the Diablo Fallen mod of weapons and monsters?

That's because each one is the product of several files:  models, textures, icons, encoding for the names, not to mention the dozens of script files that incorporate all these changes to the game.  Trying to use the items without the mod would just result in them being a random, useless item with no stats at best.  At worst they would not appear at all.

In other words everything that comprises the mod is needed to access the content.

• Thanks! 1

Item Update for v12

•  Random rare Energy Weapons, Energy Pistols, and Lightsabers have overhauled bonuses and no longer spawn with bonuses to classes that can't use them.
  •  Increased base damage of some Unique and Legendary weapons where the damage was falling behind that of comparable items.
  •  Moderately increased Legendary drop rate.
  •  Infinite Revenge set: Chestplate of Fury renamed to Crown of Fury because it is a helm. 
  •  Hunting Knife (quest reward for killing the Giant Boar) is now the special magic item that Ascaron designed instead of a junk-quality dagger.
  •  Gold modifier "Life Leeched per Hit" replaced with the yellow-text variant on all items. The former bonus was ironically much less powerful. This means many items have greater Life Leech now.
  •  Redesigned icons for greater potions so they're larger and more distinguishable at a glance.
  •  Rune drops in starting chest and Runemaster quest are spread out more evenly across all three aspects for each character.
  •  Runes in aspect: Poison & Bone now give Life Leeched per Hit as secondary bonus.
  •  Runes in aspect: Dark Summons now give Spell Resistance % as secondary bonus.
  •  Runes in aspect: Berserk Combat now give Wounds Increase Damage Dealt as secondary bonus.
  •  Runes in aspect: Huntress Talents now give Life Leeched per Hit as secondary bonus.
  •  Runes in aspect: Storm Combat now give Armor % as secondary bonus.

The rune changes are because the "nature" of the new aspects is a bit different than vanilla for many characters.  I want socketing runes to still be valid and useful for building characters, and the secondary modifiers go a long way towards that. Also, in addition to the one starting CA each character gets, each will now get 1 rune from each aspect in the start chest, one of which will always be a buff.  Completing the RuneMaster grants 2 more runes from the other two aspects, so all aspects are equally represented early on.

Because of how small icons are resized, the greater potion icons ended up being smaller than the medium ones.  I fixed that and made big fat icons for great potions so they stand out.

Mu1ko3N.jpg

The new Hunting Knife isn't anything fancy but it was made by the developers and it will definitely come in more useful to a low level character than a junk dagger.

js1iCoT.jpg

• Like! 2

A last minute item update.  For the Barbarian's new class quest I had added a new quest item called "The Vile Husk".  It was just a generic quest item (not usable) but then I saw a sword that Pesmontis had graciously uploaded for a fan years ago.  We never made any use of this "reaver blade" and I just saw it the other day and knew it would be perfect to use for The Vile Husk.

eKr1g7bl.jpg

Since it is a brand new item it would be shame to have it just be an icon in the quest log, so I also made The Vile Husk into a droppable unique sword and modeled it after its namesake sword from Diablo 2.  It is more rare than most other unique swords.  The sword excels at protecting from and dealing poison damage, as well doing extra damage to undead and improving the Necromancer curse Decrepify.

1wGQWCpl.jpg   CTv0v9Yl.jpg

• Like! 1

This is a great addition, the sword model is fantastic.  Also like how its particularly suited to the necromancer with its affinity for poison... great fit

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Wow, back in July I was talking about "last minute updates" and here I am 3 months later still doing the same.  :3lmao: Ok... this really should be the last update before v12's release.

Most of the below changes are courtesy Caledor's Balance Mod. The idea is to help some item modifiers that severely under-perform when compared to just equipping raw Damage +%.

•  Item modifier: Damage +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage bonuses (was 2/3).  Since you get 5 modifiers for the price of one with the all-channel bonus.
  •  Item modifier: Damage Mitigation +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage mitigation (was 2/3).  Same rationale as above.
  •  Item modifier: Wounds Increase Damage Dealt has doubled damage values.  The threshold for max damage remains at 25% health (couldn't find a way to change it on items).
  •  Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits has tripled values. This combined with the mod's long-standing boost of crits to 1.5X damage will help a lot.
  •  Chance for individual secondary damage effects (burn, poison, freeze, weaken) are increased to be equal to Chance for Open Wounds.
  •  Crushing Blow (8% hp reduction) gains the effect of Shattering Blow (20% hp reduction) and replaces the latter in all instances (spells, items, enemies).  In other words Crushing Blow is powered up and is now the only "Blow" in town.

Aside from Crushing Blow, these changes only affect the modifiers on items, NOT on skills, combat arts, or innate bonuses granted to creatures.

• Appreciation 1

I wonder if there is a variable for delayed drops and if yes - could it be edited? Delayed drops were thought as a counter for players who loot very quickly, mainly at multiplayer. In single player there is no real need to wait 3 seconds after a boss kill, and most multiplayer games nowadays are in fact singleplayer ones to repeat quests - or?

13 hours ago, chattius said:

I wonder if there is a variable for delayed drops and if yes - could it be edited? Delayed drops were thought as a counter for players who loot very quickly, mainly at multiplayer. In single player there is no real need to wait 3 seconds after a boss kill, and most multiplayer games nowadays are in fact singleplayer ones to repeat quests - or?

I have to admit I never noticed a delay like you're describing.  Is this really a thing in Sacred 2?

Mainly at quest drops like griffon or boar. There is a first drop and then a second drop after a while.