Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Merry Christmas from a Hot, dry and wine induced Western Cape, South Africa. I'll be working my butt off for the guests at the hotel.

• Like! 1

Happy Christmas and hugs to ye all , awesome community! I would have done more posts in this thread but on my phone in rural area I’m in now I seem to have connection problems... but can still do this post of much love and gratefulness.. hope yer all with family, friends and good food this brave and beautiful day!!

???

gogo

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, lujate said:

Merry Christmas!

https://imgur.com/a/bKaLH

Edit: I guess I don't know how to link an image with the new forum software... :(

Lujate I would see two ways of putting up the pix.. from the imgur site you can go to the list of codes they offer and use the ones with square brackets to display the image here directly or just upload directly to DarkMatters here in the post

???

gogo

18 hours ago, lujate said:

Merry Christmas!

https://imgur.com/a/bKaLH

Edit: I guess I don't know how to link an image with the new forum software... :(

Yes lujate, you may copy and paste the BB code and put it in your post or drag and drop the image into the post. The BB code offers a better quality image.

SCMZTja.thumb.jpg.db1de53899d36b8fb3a9f0c80fb5458b.jpg

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Yes lujate, you may copy and paste the BB code and put it in your post or drag and drop the image into the post. The BB code offers a better quality image.

SCMZTja.thumb.jpg.db1de53899d36b8fb3a9f0c80fb5458b.jpg

In the past, imgur gave multiple sets of code (e.g. HTML, forum post).  This time it only have that one URL.   The image button here wouldn't take that link, and it didn't work for me when I typed the image tags manually.

So how did you get the image posted?

lujate, when you look at your submitted pictures on Imgur click on the image you wish to link and you will see something like the image below. Just copy the BB code on the right and paste it into your post. Or, as I did for the image below, you may minimize the web-browser window (Firefox in my case) and grab the image from the folder or desktop by holding it with the left mouse button and then drag it into the post.

Imgur.thumb.PNG.7479bfc76689f53f31585295a4887b5b.PNG

8 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

lujate, when you look at your submitted pictures on Imgur click on the image you wish to link and you will see something like the image below. Just copy the BB code on the right and paste it into your post. Or, as I did for the image below, you may minimize the web-browser window (Firefox in my case) and grab the image from the folder or desktop by holding it with the left mouse button and then drag it into the post.

Imgur.thumb.PNG.7479bfc76689f53f31585295a4887b5b.PNG

That's what it used to look like, but not anymore. I don't have any of the links you have on the right. Oh well,  thanks for trying. :christmastree:

Lujate, I think I know what you're going through.. I just got my imgur account a short while ago.. lol mostly to put the images up here on DarkMatters ( I was using tiny pic before)  What I found is when using the Imgur...is that sometimes the BB Code is there for me to use...and sometimes its not ! I keep trying all kinds of options, but the bb code doesnt show... this is probably the reason why I dont show so many pix here consistently becuase I upload a pic quickly enough to imgur, but I'm unable to quickly get access to the bbcode I need to display the image here.  Once I got it fast...but the other times, not so fast... Also...I chose high quality image upload... and I think I remember reading that I fyou choose high quality... it takes longer fot the image to get hosted... maybe its this option I chose when setting up the imgur account that is causing the bbcodes to appear not so quickly?

Hooyaah, do you get the bb codes quickly, and what option did you choose for upload quality?

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Lujate, I think I know what you're going through.. I just got my imgur account a short while ago.. lol mostly to put the images up here on DarkMatters ( I was using tiny pic before)  What I found is when using the Imgur...is that sometimes the BB Code is there for me to use...and sometimes its not ! I keep trying all kinds of options, but the bb code doesnt show... this is probably the reason why I dont show so many pix here consistently becuase I upload a pic quickly enough to imgur, but I'm unable to quickly get access to the bbcode I need to display the image here.  Once I got it fast...but the other times, not so fast... Also...I chose high quality image upload... and I think I remember reading that I fyou choose high quality... it takes longer fot the image to get hosted... maybe its this option I chose when setting up the imgur account that is causing the bbcodes to appear not so quickly?

Hooyaah, do you get the bb codes quickly, and what option did you choose for upload quality?

:)

gogo

After signing in at Imgur I use the drop-down on the top right and select to navigate to "Images" and then five rows/twelve columns of images appear. Then I left click on an image and the BB code shows on the right, as shown below.

Imgur.thumb.PNG.105c879a977bceed4ccd380e30d81ff6.PNG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last big meal on this trip... Red Lobster! Yah I know I know... maybe a little low brow...but boy does it ever taste soooooooooooo good... steak and seafood... welcome to mah belly...

IMG_9156.jpg

rom.jpg

• Like! 1

It does look gooooooooooood.

I have never really crossed those two, seafood and meat(steak)...

heh...I never really eat the two together either... way too expensive for me at least... was a parent treat :lol:... sooooooooooo good...

mom also ordered pizza.. I've come to realize... good food really is aboug the ingredients.!.  I feel that too many pizza parlours ( at least the ones I go to) all used canned sauces... very salt intensive, and gets tiring ... we ordered from this place called Broad Ways near my mom's place... first time we ordered I was blown away by the quality of tomato sauce.. savory, crazy-looking and fragrant.. super yummy.. and the bacon on it... REAL bacon... this crowned the taste buds!

IMG_9182.jpg

• Like! 1

I am sure this is not something you struggle with in your countries... but Alex and I just got robbed. We where in the guest room, where we had set up the laptop and IT things, and my cellphone was charging in our bedroom. The kitchen(backdoor) was open, that opens into a courtyard that is surrounded by a high wall with spikes on top. We do not see the kitchen from the guest room, and it is easy to walk from the kitchen to the main bedroom without being seen, but it is small and sounds travel really well. They did not threaten us directly, and we never even saw them. but they actually spent time going through things, choosing what they wanted. we where busy watching "Me Before You, and playing Heroes of might and magic. Alex wanted to light a Hubbly, and went into the kitchen to get it when he realised his one external HDD is missing, he called me to help him look for it, and then the one thing after the other became clear... there was someone in the house, things where in different places where we put them, my phone is missing from the charger, a hiking bag is missing as well... and two bags where found outside that was searched and emptied.

hope all of you are safe.

1 hour ago, Delta! said:

I am sure this is not something you struggle with in your countries... but Alex and I just got robbed. We where in the guest room, where we had set up the laptop and IT things, and my cellphone was charging in our bedroom. The kitchen(backdoor) was open, that opens into a courtyard that is surrounded by a high wall with spikes on top. We do not see the kitchen from the guest room, and it is easy to walk from the kitchen to the main bedroom without being seen, but it is small and sounds travel really well. They did not threaten us directly, and we never even saw them. but they actually spent time going through things, choosing what they wanted. we where busy watching "Me Before You, and playing Heroes of might and magic. Alex wanted to light a Hubbly, and went into the kitchen to get it when he realised his one external HDD is missing, he called me to help him look for it, and then the one thing after the other became clear... there was someone in the house, things where in different places where we put them, my phone is missing from the charger, a hiking bag is missing as well... and two bags where found outside that was searched and emptied.

hope all of you are safe.

Oh no, Theuns, I am so so sorry!!! it's a horrible feeling to know that someone has come right into what you think to be sacred and safe, and take your belongings..it once happened to me (thank god only once) and the robbers took monitors, and a ipod (years ago) I felt upset, felt that someone that I knew had done it..it was an awful feeling, and we called the police to report it.  Have you looked everywhere to make sure that you two are safe? It's the most important thing! And will you call the police? 

Please keep safe!

:hugs:

gogo

We did go to the police this morning. Called the banks 24/7 call center and cancelled my cards, got a new debit card this morning, but the credit card will take a few days, I will have to go to Stellenbosch to get a new phone.

We have always been careful about locking doors and keeping gates and windows locked, but we where in the house and had been moving around before we started watching the movie, had dinner and played board games before we moved to the guest room... I have already looked into getting a slam lock gate for that door. In summer, and even till now, we have very hot weather, and the house gets very stuffy. so we generally keep the kitchen door open for the breeze, it opens into a private courtyard with high walls and spikes on top of the wall... we are just freaked out about it all now...