What's the weather like over there?

Jun!

Dang, jun, great seeing you here! And funny you're complaining about the cold. You know it's funny, I wasn't expecting the nights here in Montreal to be so cool. However, I am enjoying the crispy breeze that wafts through the window. I don't have air conditioning, so am enjoying whatever's left of Winter's frost while I can.

:)

gogo

Jun!

Dang, jun, great seeing you here! And funny you're complaining about the cold. You know it's funny, I wasn't expecting the nights here in Montreal to be so cool. However, I am enjoying the crispy breeze that wafts through the window. I don't have air conditioning, so am enjoying whatever's left of Winter's frost while I can.

:o

gogo

Been quite busy in RL thus I'm seldom posting in here. But who said anything about complaining? I'm just stating the weather is all. lol

I like the cold very much. :)

Jun, my friend's parents took me out a kind of cool philippine resto near here. It was pretty home cooked stuff.

hollee molee cholestrol city though! lol, don't think I've eaten so much fried pork in so many varied forms in my life (still pretty yummilicious).

And there was something that looked like "chocolate chunky pudding"

*cough*

It wasn't :o

And not a single green veggie in sight, but a heck of a lot of fish heads ^^

gogo

Jun, my friend's parents took me out a kind of cool philippine resto near here. It was pretty home cooked stuff.

hollee molee cholestrol city though! lol, don't think I've eaten so much fried pork in so many varied forms in my life (still pretty yummilicious).

And there was something that looked like "chocolate chunky pudding"

*cough*

It wasn't :eek:

And not a single green veggie in sight, but a heck of a lot of fish heads ^^

gogo

yeah those fried pork are quite yummy. I think that chocolate chunky pudding is what we cool "dinuguan" or pork blood stew. lol

Did you taste it gogo?

hah, no Jun... I chickened out when my friends parents explained the ingredients.

:pitcher:

gogo

p.s. Dreeft, ayup, I love that weather as well... though having crispy evenings to fall asleep to is also wonderful for sleeps that just seem to want to go on the whole next day :bow:

• 1 month later...

Arizona is in its annual HOT phase. Temperatures got up to 110 or more, and we were hotter than the Middle East. If anybody needs some hot air(not from politicians), perhaps you can persuade some from here to head to and heat up your burg there.

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday it was 34 celcius in shadows here in germany. We watched germany vs argentina at the public viewing area at a lake with whole family. Half an hour after the game ended there was a cloudburst and a heavy thunderstorm. So we were lucky that there was no extra time and penalty shoot out.

Shouldn't be complaining when it's finally summer, but I'd say that 25-30 celsius is too much for me... Sweating buckets and having troubles sleeping. >_<

Chattius: Was something along those lines couple of days ago here too. I could barely sleep at my friend's place, as they had heated owen twice to make some food for the parties we had. Was more like 40 degrees upstairs where se slept. :)

it's been beautiful sunny here for days. It hit 92 F here yesterday and will again today. I can't venture out of the A/C for long and I have to duck back in. I am not sure how 92 F calculates into C but its darn hot.

Loco: That'd be about 33,3C, which is indeed enough. Kinda wished I had an A/C too... This wheater sure is killing me...

Right after sun rises it starts to heat my livingroom and keeps going to 4 to 5 pm. Makes it almost unbearable. Though I try to keep thinking that in 4 or 5 months there'll be snow and stuff and it's freezing.

Crazy here... melting...

31°C | °FCurrent: Mostly Cloudy

Wind: SW at 24 km/h

Humidity: 58%

Mon

partly_cloudy.gif

32°C | 23°C

Tue

partly_cloudy.gif

33°C | 22°C

Wed

chance_of_storm.gif

34°C | 23°C

Thu

chance_of_storm.gif

32°C | 23°C

halp!

gogo

31°C is a nice day for us during Spring/Summer but we usually get a massive heat wave either in January or February with a consistent 43°C peaking up to 47°C for over two weeks. Plus it's a dry hot and that's not a good hot.

Amtliche UNWETTERWARNUNG vor SCHWEREM GEWITTER mit ORKANARTIGEN BÖEN, HEFTIGEM STARKREGEN und HAGEL

am: Montag, 12.07.2010 09:27 Uhr

Von Südwesten her Durchzug einer recht intensiven Gewitterzone. Dabei Gefahr von orkanartigen Böen der Stärke 11 ( um 110 km/h ), lokalem Hagel sowie kräftigem Starkregen mit Mengen um 30 l/qm in einer Stunde. Ganz vereinzelt sind auch Tornados nicht ausgeschlossen.

Official Warning of severe weather: heavy thunderstorms, heavy storm, heavy rain (30l/squaremetre an hour), hail and local tornados

Time to bring all explosives into the bunkers and shutdown electricity at working hall. Nice first day of summer breaks for my older kids.

chattius: Sounds so darn great... I'm just wondering what we're getting after this darn heat wave.. >_<

Wasn't very funny to have hangover, when there's 35 C inside, outside even more... Sweating buckets and all.

It's REALLY nice here at the moment.

22°C (72°F), Partly Cloudy with a light breeze and 57% humidity.

Gogo: Really the same here. Comp's forecast shows around 26 to 30 on day time and I know that sensor which sends that is in place which is generally cooler than the others... If the forecast is right, we're supposed to have heavy thunderstorms tomorrow, but I doubt it'll ease this up.

Dreeft: Must be cause of the inverted seasons. The northern side of the globe is really suffering with this heat...

Ugh, I would really need my daily dosage of caffeine, but I'm sure it'll only makes things worse. >_< Seeing I don't like to drink my coffee cold. xp

Depending how you see it we had luck yesterday. In morning a heavy storm was travelling from southwest to northeast germany but wasn't hitting us but did a little river flooding 2 villages away in the west.

In evening another storm was moving in from netherlands from northwest but decided to stay 12 kilmetres to the east this time.

All we got was 3-4 drops of rain which just turned the dry heat into a wet sauna heat, which is way nastier, all clothes glued to the body by sweat.

Our house isn't connected to the normal water supply. We have a deep fountain (70 metres) for fresh water. The fountain is nearly empty already. I will have to ask friends from fire fighters to bring a truck of water. If the fountain will totally dry out it will get damaged.

The dirt water runs through a filter build by swamp moss and is then cleared in a tiny lake which was a clay pit in former times. Special wetland plants grew in the lake and the oxygen they produce leaves at their roots so the micro organism can do their job.

But with so few water in the pit I always pray that we will get no east winds. The smell is nasty and at east wind it will come to our house and since we are forced to sleep with open windows at this heat ....

Daily dose of coffeine:

We put salt in the coffee at this weather. Coffee will make water to leave the body and the salt has the opposite effect, better at this weather. Also our water is very soft and salt helps to bring more aroma into the coffee.

Edited by chattius

chattius: Shouldda thought of that. Really, if I was living at the coast, that might've been an automation. I've heard of many who are used to use sea water when making coffee. On the other hand, I'll just grab some extra salty food to eat. And try to splurge what little cheap mineral waters our shop has...

Let's hope you'll get some nice downpour sometime soon. Hoping to get one here too. My strawberries are about to get scorched.

And hopefully I can find a nice cheap fan somewhere, as I read they're mostly sold out here. Seeing this isn't going to let out...

• 3 weeks later...

+29 °C

Honestly, there was about two days of somewhat fair weather and now it's back to mediterinean climate. >_<

Once again, should be whining, but this just is too much to handle...