9 Screenshots

About This File

Diablo 2 Fallen v15c

Hotfix Patch for "Opponent's Armor -X%" modifier not spawning on weapons.

Introduction:

Diablo 2 Fallen is a semi-conversion mod for Sacred 2 that transforms the game world, character classes, items, enemies, and many more aspects into those of Diablo 2.

Relevant Links:

Please read the following!

• This mod requires the latest version of the Community Patch (1.60) to be installed beforehand.
  • Do not to have any other mods installed if you're going to play D2F. None. This is a huge mod and compatibility is very limited.  Custom versions of many popular mods are already integrated.
  • The Music Pack is a separate download available HERE.  The music pack is required, otherwise you will experience some regions with no music at all.
  • Leave "commentary" to NEVER in the options menu.  If you don't turn commentary off you will hear a weird mix of vanilla and D2F character voices.
  • Leave "Number of Speakers" to STEREO in the options menu. If you try to use 5.1 audio then the music and many sound effects will not play.
  • The fonts needed for the interface are located in the "pak/fonts" directory of the mod. They are three .ttf files. Right-click each one and select "Install" to install them on your system.

Detailed Install Instructions (New Users):

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract the contents of the D2F .zip file into the "MODS" folder.  There should be four folders: "Diablo 2 Fallen v15", "D2F Inferno Patch", "D2F SuperSpawn, and "D2F Docs." The Docs folder is just for information and is not necessary to play.
  • Extract the D2F music pack contents ("music" folder) into the "pak" folder of the mod.  So the structure will look like: [Diablo 2 Fallen v15/pak/music].
  • Run the GME and enable Diablo 2 Fallen v15. It may take a long time to install. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
  • -Optional- "Inferno Edition" and/or "SuperSpawn" should be enabled after enabling the main mod. Overwrite warnings are to be expected.  Disable before disabling the main mod.
  • The fonts needed for the interface are located in the "pak/fonts" directory of the mod. They are three .ttf files. Right-click each one and select "Install" to install them on your system.
  • Play with NEW characters only.

Previous Users:

• Disable the old version of D2F with the GME (important!)
  • Remove the old D2F folder from your "MODS" folder.
  • Place the new "Diablo 2 Fallen v15" folder into the "MODS" folder. Enable as usual.
  • -Optional- "Inferno Edition" and/or "SuperSpawn" should be enabled after enabling the main mod.  Disable before disabling the main mod.
  • Use old characters at your own risk. Legacy characters may have re-rolled bonuses on random items or odd/broken behavior for in-progress quests.

Thanks to:

• Pesmontis for all his ideas and insight, and helping me import countless new monster and item designs.
  • dimitrius154 for invaluable advice, contributing new models and textures, and coding.
  • Silver Fox for scripting advice, and his work on textures, making new items, god statues, and the Druid's quest.
  • Vampire and desm for making the French version.
  • Wardust for hundreds of ideas on changing textures of the landscape, enemies, and the characters.
  • steinerrr for ideas on how to increase the power and challenge of monsters.
  • Caledor for ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects and the inventory interface.
  • Ysendra for some Daemon textures.
  • Jordan0422 and Tharkun who did testing and provided lots of valuable feedback.
  • Charon117 who made tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
  • Lindor for some script-sorting tools and Lua advice.
  • The CM Patch team and all the modders who came before me, made modding tools, and showed me the way.
  • Everyone who played the mod, posted feedback, and gave support. This mod is very much a product of the entire Sacred 2 community at DarkMatters. Thank you!

What's New in Version v13   See changelog

Released

• Like! 3
  • Thanks! 1
  • Appreciation 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Спасибо за великолепный мод и что не забываете про Sacred,скажите вы продолжаете работу над этим модом?

• Like! 1

So far so good, but one question, I'm playing US version of sacred 2 modified with ice and blood, the only thing I see are the runes say one thing and does something completely different.  Do I need ib for this?  I have Sacred 2 on another computer.  BTW it plays a lot smoother with diablo

I salute the mod creator and all involved with this project. Started playing today and it's amazing.

What is the level cap if I start in normal and just play it through? I notice there are no higher stages as in regular Sacred 2. Is this what Inferno difficulty is for--play through and then export to that to reach 200+? My apologies if I have overlooked the obvious answer.

In any event, thank you.

• Like! 1

So, I've downloaded everything needed but I can't find the pak/fonts directory in the mod.  Any suggestions or help?

5 minutes ago, mystical_fan said:

Ok, it's all good.  Found it and I'm up and running.

Bravo! And enjoy his Mod 

:)

gogo

Many thanks to all the mod developers.Amazing work.And thank you for not forgetting about this game

Edited by Azazy
  • Like! 1

A very fun mod concept, but most ranged weapons (bows, thrown, some spells) crash the game for me.

"An exception has occured!

Error #:1

Function: ParticleSystemManager::createSystem

Description: template not found'x_stone_streak',

File: ,\Graphics\particle\particleSystemMgr.cpp

Line: 199"

Otherwise the mod works like a charm.

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Juopunumies said:

A very fun mod concept, but most ranged weapons (bows, thrown, some spells) crash the game for me.

"An exception has occured!

Error #:1

Function: ParticleSystemManager::createSystem

Description: template not found'x_stone_streak',

File: ,\Graphics\particle\particleSystemMgr.cpp

Line: 199"

Otherwise the mod works like a charm.

This will happen if you don't have Community Patch 1.60 installed first.  The "stone_streak" file was added in that patch.

54 minutes ago, Flix said:

This will happen if you don't have Community Patch 1.60 installed first.  The "stone_streak" file was added in that patch.

That fixed the problem; I had cm 1.50 installed. Thanks!

Why dialogs are not appear 

On 4/11/2019 at 12:08 AM, Flix said:

6 hours ago, FilipMadalin said:

This happens because you didn't install the fonts that come with the mod.  I included them in the folder: pak/fonts.

I never really tried this mod, due to the fact that I love clustering maelstrom and the piping in the Blood Poison set. But I just tried it out; those two things are such a tiny price to pay when you consider all that this mod adds. Thank you so much for this mod :)

• Appreciation 1
13 minutes ago, Gilberticus said:

I never really tried this mod, due to the fact that I love clustering maelstrom and the piping in the Blood Poison set. But I just tried it out; those two things are such a tiny price to pay when you consider all that this mod adds. Thank you so much for this mod :)

Thanks man!   I'm working on the definitive, "final" version of the mod right now, so let me know if there's any bugs or if anything just feels "off." 

Been playing the mod the past few weeks and I can say the new monsters I added hit a little too hard and soak up a bit too much damage, they will be better balanced in the upcoming version.

• Like! 1

I am noticing one issue, with the Sorceress. I know how to use the teleport spell; you point your cursor where you want to teleport to. But when I put it into a combo, let's say I cast nova and then teleport, she stays put instead of teleporting where my cursor is pointing to. I don't know if teleoprt isn't supposed to be put in a combo, or if teleport is supposed to be cast before other spells in the combo, but that's what I'm encountering so far. 

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I am noticing one issue, with the Sorceress. I know how to use the teleport spell; you point your cursor where you want to teleport to. But when I put it into a combo, let's say I cast nova and then teleport, she stays put instead of teleporting where my cursor is pointing to. I don't know if teleoprt isn't supposed to be put in a combo, or if teleport is supposed to be cast before other spells in the combo, but that's what I'm encountering so far. 

I think Shadow Step acts the same in the vanilla game doesn't it?  Teleport as it is is pretty much just a copy of Shadow Step with the Cooldown and teleport delay decreased.

I just the character just doesn't know where to target.

I honestly don't know, I've never used Shadow Step before. But as long as you know, it's all good. I have nothing further to report as far as bugs and whatnot. 

Yeah, CAs that need targeting don't work as intended when they're the second one in a combo. Shadow Step included.

• Thanks! 1

I have a little question, I have Sacred 2 Gold Edition. There is any way to only play in Fallen Angel to fully enjoy this mod?. I have installed all the things needed following the instructions, but it seems that my skills are the same as in normal sacred. 

17 hours ago, warpoyo said:

I have a little question, I have Sacred 2 Gold Edition. There is any way to only play in Fallen Angel to fully enjoy this mod?. I have installed all the things needed following the instructions, but it seems that my skills are the same as in normal sacred. 

Hello. The mod will not work on just Fallen Angel. It requires the expansion and community patch.

Typically the reason for errors like you describe is incorrect installation.  Many people create an extra folder when they extract the zip file. Instead, you should extract the contents of the zip file directly into the MODS folder in your Sacred 2 installation.

Hi - downloaded the mod and all working except sometimes I open the map and then when I close it the gui (user interface) is hidden and I cant get it back. Any ideas?