If not for Sacred 2, what could/would you be playing?

It's just a question that popped into my mind on and off over the last few days. Not that we're thinking of stopping playing Sacred 2 mind you...far from it. Just curious about what else out there that doesn't have monthly fees that if... I say if here, the HC servers weren't there...we would find ourselves attracted too.

I remember Requiem being a huge draw for a bunch of us here on site. That was a beautiful find that a couple of our members happened upon. Great graphics, unprecedented ingame control of toons...almost like a first person shooter with fantastic rpg elements...and gore...lots and lots of gore.

So...if not Sacred 2... where else to go to? I'm not interested in paying monthly fees. Everything about that goes against the grain for me :( I'm really not interested in playing something that actually begins to compete with real life :)

Game mechanics are important and so is the game being "difficult". Sacred 2 is hard to get really good at. Is it the servers lack of documentation, bugs... lol, who knows. But the learning curve is high as hell, and I love it that way.

I was thinking about Guild Wars actually, specially as Erling has brought it up again... weren't they saying there was going to be a Guild Wars 2 coming out with a real loot system? And what about other games... playing in closed servers is pretty important to me as well... Dungeon Siege was a hoot...but a real dissapointment with only two real toons on at a time with your pets. TQ didn't have any closed servers...and so that was a downer as well.

Is there anything else on the horizon then...complex, with lots of learning, with no monthly fees and with half decent graphics?

:)

gogo

I also play traditional RPGs... I have yet to complete: Witcher, NWN2: MotB and SoZ, Morrowind, Oblivion. I could try Fallout but not until I finish those others. Dragon Age is coming out. I never finished Icewind Dale 1. I never finished Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal.

In ARPGs I should beat sacred 1 with each class. I never defeated Titan Quest with 0 deaths through legendary in X-max. Diablo 3 will come out.

If you can can make a small compromise on the "half-decent graphics" side I would actually recommend that you return a look at good old Diablo 2.. with a twist of course.

Play it with the MedianXL mod by Brother Laz installed. This mod pretty much changes everything. All new skills, all new monsters, new items of course. Boss fights that matter. Special überlevels and quests for when you thought you were good at the game. A large playerbase.

The mod installs on all 1.10 or later versions of Diablo2: Lord of Destruction, even the mac versions and installation only requires you to replace a single data file (back up your old one).

Gameplay-wise, expect something almost entirely new. Graphics-wise it still looks like good old Diablo 2 though skills and monster attacks are generally flashier and he uses a lot of ambient lighting to improve the mood.

Seriously, it's stuff like this that makes me wish the Sacred series had a proper modding scene that was interested in more than just undressing the Seraphim.

Me? Um... Star Trek Legacy with the Ultimate universe mod, Mount & Blade, Disciples 2, PES 2009... I'll find something to keep me busy :(

Loved TQ - played just about every main build and got several thru all difficulties....lack of closed servers killed re-playability for me

Just could never get into Guild Wars...can't put my finger on it but something was missing.

I'll definitely be playing Diablo III when it comes out, but right now other than Sacred 2 there isn't anything I'm really interested in

Im still playing Guild wars... I love the ease with which the game works. I havent really ever come across a problem that was guildwars software related. only lag from special events and too too many people in them but you can always find a quiet server somewhere in GW. its a pretty pretty world and putting the graphics on high exposes more stuff. (the default is lower settings and so for the first year I missed the drunk graphics... I can now see why some talked of getting physically ill when working on drunkard titles) even after 18 months I still have more to explore and do. And with the updates and the special events that happen at more than just xmas the game is always different and interesting.

I actully got sucked out of sacred2 til gw again...

to help out a friend with an alliance I started a guild to be in it.. and this sucks up alot of time.. with 70 very demanding members and all...

oh and I cant stop farming.. and using alot of money, lol.

Edited by Erling

I played TQ before Immortal Throne expansion.

I had a drop mod, I got all unique/set on all difficulties.

I had also a hack for leveling fast and such.

Have key for multiplayer, but since I and many other could 'hack' the characters, I got bored.

When Immortal Throne came out, I only installed it and played 1-2 days.

I might went to that again, for a week or so, if not Sacred 2 existed.

But, I also have installed and I would play Tomb Raider (latest 2 of the series),

Prince of Persia (Latest) and an adventure (Siberia, Agatha Cristie and such).

So, I mostly play ARPG, third Person and adventure.

Sports, RTS, First Person and RPG (not hack'n'slash), I found them boring...

Edited by Spyrus

There is no other online game atm that I am interested in except for Sacred 2.

You simply cannot beat playing with the HC community that Sacred has. :P

I have a pile of single player games just waiting to be installed, but I learned a long time ago,,,,,,, that I'm a one game at a time type player :D

Playing more than one only gets me totally confused. :)

Although I play Morrowind, Oblivion and Hellgate:London, I am still playing Sacred Underworld. I still haven't exhausted all the possibilities of this addiction yet. Such as getting my boxer dwarf to level 216!

Personally speaking, Sacred 2 is a pleasant diversion from 3 years+ of Guild Wars. However, I would still recommend GW to anyone who wants to try the MMORPG type game. It's well thought out, balanced, mature and has a good player base.

I'm looking forward to GW2 and Diablo 3. In the interim, I'll probably keep my eyes peeled for anything else on the horizon and revert to some old-school SNES emu fun with Secret of Mana, 7th Saga, Zelda etc. :)

It comes also Divine 2 (Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity - remember? ) :Just_Cuz_21:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity_2_%E...93_Ego_Draconis

Oh wow!

That's great!......I absolutely loved Divine Divinity but sorta just liked Beyond Divinity.

Here's a link to the Divine Divinity 2 site. Love the music btw :)

When its released this one will definitely be on my must get list. :D

It comes also Divine 2 (Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity - remember? ) :Just_Cuz_21:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity_2_%E...93_Ego_Draconis

Oh wow!

That's great!......I absolutely loved Divine Divinity but sorta just liked Beyond Divinity.

Here's a link to the Divine Divinity 2 site. Love the music btw ;)

When its released this one will definitely be on my must get list. :D

Become member on site :) , I should look now for my old saves on both Games ... Beyond Divinity is unfinished job :)

Become member on site :unsure: , I should look now for my old saves on both Games ... Beyond Divinity is unfinished job :)

Signed up already ;) and funny you mentioned that Beyond Divinity is an unfinished job, because that's the same with me.

I am going to install Beyond Divinity again now and have another go.

And btw, Divine Divinity plays on widescreen and looks great on 1680x1050 :) I don't know about Beyond Divinity?

I do not own the Beyond, I have twice rent it from my DVD club.

Too pity, both of Divinity Games do not have online, and so I have read the upcoming Divinity 2.

Edited by Spyrus

If Sacred 2 online were not available, I would be in a real bind. I guess I'd play Sacred 2 SP or Underworld SP since the closed servers there are now gone as well. Or else Railroad Tycoon II SP -- I really loved that game.

God forbid, Freecell . . .

Clearly, I'm not really a gamer. Just a "Sacred'er".

I see FDM is trying to drum up some Vendetta players - I might look at that, too.

Hey guys and gals, I tried that MedianXL mod for Diablo:LoD that 'Little Faith' posted and it is great! I honestly haven't had as so much fun since the original Sacred came out. ;) Only been playing it for a couple of days now but it is really addictive, if you liked Diablo then you will love this. My Assassin is running around spamming poison novas :) and decimating the opposition. :) She is also supported by a whole flock (10) vampire bats and what my companion Rogue can do with her bow and Guard Arrow towers has to be seen to be believed!

I would greatly recommend that you have a look at this mod or you just will not know what you are missing! :unsure:

I'll be buying Drakensang today. I should have ample opportunity from nine weeks before the next Kami reset to play thru the game. Nothing else of interest. I could try Guild Wars again, but it's frustrating not having any friends you could talk to.