News about bugs, patch 2:40, and the future

Hi,

the mods from the german SF visited the Devs-

The german Thread: http://forum.sacred-game.com/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=1

translated with google:

News and feedback from Aachen - Part 2

And here's the promised information about bugs, patch 2:40, and the future.

As I have elsewhere written, there are good and less good news.

1) bugs

The developers are fully aware of Bugproblematik. As good as all the info from you and were reproduced in the bugs database can be entered. In an interview with Simon Kranz (QA), we have agreed that the future Bugfeedbacks here in the forum for the Devs for a specific scheme drawn up so that there are fewer questions and the Devs can quickly find out where the hook is.

2) Patch 2:40

The main question that the majority of you busy, is why the bugs, with the 2:40 'created', not long ago have been patched. This question is of course absolutely right. There are several factors:

* With respect to the Company Insoverfahren a possible value to the outside, ie the proposed add-on has the highest priority. If there was the case with the Insoverfahren not, then 2:42 would be the highest priority.

* The development team for the PC version is already severely shrunken. It is not possible, consistent with 2 products to work simultaneously.

I have worked with Christian Grunwald (studio manager) about this situation and talked about his information was that it is mid / late July probably was not possible to have a patch for 2:40 it. I then in conversation with Christian, however, a hit Agreement, which, I hope, for the most acceptable:

* The QA will create a prioritized list of bugs in 2:40

* The resources that are not in the add-on work in this list will be used to create a new Version 2.42 build

* The target is to end May / early June 2:42 a patch ready to have

The add-on itself, incidentally, from 2:40 to errors than fixes already in it. A Codeextrahierung but without very much effort was not possible because the code of the base game + add-on mixes. This is a "stupid" a consequence of the Inso-thing. Therefore, it is just as written above, necessary for a patch 2.42er extra people off (no, with c & p it is not done). A parallel work on add-on + 2.42er was not the focus of developers.

-> Why can not you just a quick mini patch release?

This also has the Inso procedure to be done. Christian gave me a very detailed explanation and an offer from me, we can not immediately make a small patch, but at least just a patch at the end of May / early June target. The size of the patches will probably anywhere from 20 to 40 MB to move.

3) The Future

We have designed the hope that

* The console version sold very well.

* An investor is found, the current cost.

* The add-on to the market may

4) What can you do?

Keep calm! Certainly, the news is not what the vast majority probably expected. It may not be the optimum, but it is definitely not more out. The developers would be rushing back into a maximum error degenerate, then turn it as a negative feedback to communicate.

At the moment consumes each Gemecker more nerve than you can imagine. You've probably already own all the experience, as it is, if you want to do something, but has no chance to do it, because the circumstances do not allow.

We want some of you more in the patch-creation process, so that you can directly check whether the bugs are actually fixed Prioliste are. For this purpose, we should make an info.

5) concrete:

* Bugfixing: As already written above, we could reach the focus of developers on a patch once again, to 2:42. The necessary conditions are also described above.

* Feature on your requests are always read and feasibility tested. If feasibility is then examined whether there are resources. Is the, and adjusts the feature into the game concept, then this will also fitted (see the pause button). So the reverse is clear: What is not built, it is not impossible but it is either a) no resource or b) it does not fit into the game concept.

* Balancing is an ongoing process - it will never work, all 100% satisfaction, because the balancing example also implies that after a bugfix a char may no longer work as a player, the thought. Because of your reactions and be passed off as made out to bug one hit kill the turtles and the Champs-topic damage reflection, it will be again discussed with the developers, as it as it is with 2:40 to work properly, but you have to anger leads.

* Multiplayer: Anything to do with it, can broadly positive after the end of the Inso procedure should be addressed. Whether it anyway due to the Prioliste comes to 2:42, we will see.

* Specification to 2:40: Ruckler (although the system should be performing well enough), putative mem leaks and crashes - are the result of over 95%, not attributable to the game. We will keep an eye on this, if not by release of Vista SP2 in which one or other user errors by yourself.

* AI - companion issue: Will depend on the resource Prioliste of 2:42, ie may only partially fixed.

* Items: Here is another nachgeschaut how far between, and negotiated for gedropten Items (particularly Uniques / Epic / set), the balancing can be adjusted.

* Special Beta Test: Same as above - and we want some of you closer to the development happening here. How exactly it works and how we do that we want you in the coming days to explain more precisely.

6) And finally

I guess the times, some readers are much more expected and possibly something like: the good news is that next week we get NEN patch. Now it is unfortunately not so, the reasons were explained. I ask for your understanding that we can not directly call logs for you to provide. There were in any case, many things and many of the details discussed. All of this goes beyond simply listing the frame. The main message is in any case, despite that Ascaron Inso-making procedures and the developers really they could do to the gaming experience even better.

On behalf of all the moderators I would like to thank the developers in Aachen again for the warm welcome and the nice day thanks. It is good to know - and above all to see - that it is not reduced by the head office is running, but despite all the difficulties makes!

Liebe Grüße

Pyx

------------------------------------

PS: 2.42 is a "working title". This could also be 2.41.1 or 2.44 - please do not get to the fixed numbering.

Good news and not-so-good news indeed... Let's see how this will turn out. Thanks to my meager Deutsch, I got what the general idea is... I hope everything turns out well for Ascaron and the upcoming patch will be a success. What I really like about Germans is the fact that they are very punctual and say exactly what they mean. This post says a lot really, but I guess I shall keep my observations for myself for now :D

Or it is better to keep all silent ... every new about developers, their focus, their future in the company ... etc ...

is like a double-edge knife (cut both ways # Delphic sword - translation). Someone can take it good or bad...

Thx alot for posting this, I linked it in (DA).

I like those german dudes, and actually hope they get most bugs fixed/ have luck in sales consoles Sacred 2 & find a good investor - NOT EA compagny slaughterer.

I hope this all works out...I got to know several dev's during beta and I'm really pulling for them to make it though all this. Really hope the consoles sell well as it seems a lot of what might happen is tied to the ps3 and xbox sales. I've played a lot of games and can only think of one other where the company really tried to keep all the players informed of what was going on with the game

And if the evaluations of the players who have bought the game are good. Ascaron really needs to fix almost all bugs for the launch of the console game, otherwise it will be just another buggy Sacred 2 game that will hit the shelf. This will most certainly mean the ruin of the company since sharing negative opinions on various forums will most certainly mean a severe setback of the sales.

And you are also allowed if you ain't in beta testing anymore :D

Though everything you say is probably irrelevant now anyways :)

Edited by stubbie

Just to clarify...I was a mod during the beta though I'm no longer part of it due to real life being waaay too busy...but I am on the list of those who are allowed to talk about it

Just to clarify...I was a mod during the beta though I'm no longer part of it due to real life being waaay too busy...but I am on the list of those who are allowed to talk about it

Any chance that they're going to start taking on any new beta testers?

Tbh...I have no idea what the current status of the beta is or if it's even still on-going...I've been out of the beta project shortly after the game was released

I hope no one takes what I say the wrong way. I feel that although there is a few bugs the game is quite playable. The bugs that I can think of are first off crashes. I have had it crash but if you touch monoliths and go in caves every once in awhile (or do quest) then you only lose a little progress. And I've only had it happen maybe once every 8 hours I've played. I know it could very on different computers, just noting my own experience. Also I have a bug where its hard to left click sometimes but with a lot of play time I have gotten good at either re-clicking upon observing no attack. Or holding the LMB down sometimes works. Finally the problem with the blacksmith but that doesn't affect play at the early levels because of high weapon turnover and not making much difference whats smithed in. I actually haven't ever tried unsmithing. But I understand for high level characters with special weapons it would be annoying. Can't think of anything else.

I do think it would be cool if Ascaron fixed the bugs AND added content and then release an 'enhanced edition' at reduced price for people who already own it. Like Witcher. That would get money for added content and encourage sales of a full price game to new customers who rightly want a polished game.

Still I've seen worse bugs such as Dungeon Lords and Neverwinter Nights (can't advance plot due to bugs). These are minor gameplay bugs. :: Puts on flame retardent suit ::

Edited by claudius

Yeah, I find it pretty stable once in game. About one in three times I connect to the lobby and try to join a game I end up at the desktop. Lately, maybe one in five when I get to the game I am rooted in place and can't move.

Both just require a restart and I'm fine.

As Claudius indicates, I do see lmb failing regularly, but at least not consecutively Sometimes combos don't run.

And for some unknown reason, my characters keep getting killed. I've racked up quite a graveyard -- at least they're not lonely.

yeah I have that same problem with the dying...I wonder why...

Otherwise I dont really seem to have much of a problem, I crashed to desktop for the first time the otherday when joining a server and the only other problem ive noticed (may have missed some) is after a long time ingame the map brought up when using portals or pressing "m" seems to only show portals and no actual map.

All in all theres not really any problem for me, other than some terrible ping (*presses spacebar*...waits 1-2 seconds...*dies...health tries to go up and fails*)

Same experience as Dragon Brother here. (us poor aussies and that rotten ping :) )

I also get the non responsive left mouse button and combos, but I put it down to the lag as my SP game does not encounter this.