Michael Jackson 1958-2009

This just broke a few minutes ago on the LA times:

LOS ANGELES — Pop superstar Michael Jackson died Thursday after suffering a cardiac arrest.

The popular celebrity website TMZ said when paramedics arrived, the 50-year-old King of Pop had no vital signs. Emergency workers were unable to revive the singer, they reported.

Meanwhile, the LA Times has also reported Jackson "was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma."

Jackson was taken to hospital Thursday afternoon and TMZ reported that Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, said the King of Pop was "not doing well," shortly after he was brought to UCLA Medical Center.

Read more here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31552029/ns/entertainment-music/

:devil:

gogo

I didn't even know whether it was true or not, Zin mentionned it to me just a few minutes ago, and there was only one hit on google. Now a few minutes later, it's everywhere.

This man was a huge influence on music and was a part of the emerging music video scene during his time. I know he's been in the news for many reasons, but his musical legacy is nothing short of legendary.

He's going to be missed

:devil:

gogo

Michael definitely seemed to go astray in the last several years....but his solo work and with the Jackson 5 was great....I remember singing 'Abc, easy as 1,2 ,3' all the time as a kid trying to be as cool as him :devil: another great talent gone before his time. And Farrah too....sad sad day

His music and dance will be missed. That live version of Billy Jean is great indeed, as was

the video clip they made for it. And cyclops..I do not know if that will happen, but if some

one can do it then it would be him I agree.

I have to admit I had the red leather jacket and the white glove when I was a kid. I would think someone as rich as him could have prolonged this type of death.... and I believe there was a family doctor at his home when it happened. I guess when it's your time to go there is nothing that can prevent death.

Removed comment BHJ

/runs

/hides

Edited by bhj

I know... this was something that hit me last night, Viper. All that money, and he still died so young...fifty :paladin: There's no holding off that time.

Knuckles, your video find was great! It was the first time the "moonwalk" had been seen live on TV. Moonwalkers sprouted all over the world that day because of that single video.

Here's Dicky Tracy from American Bandstand with the Jackson Five and the kid singer/dancer Michael Jackson debuting soon-to-be-hit monster single, ABC:

:)

gogo

I have to admit I had the red leather jacket and the white glove when I was a kid. I would think someone as rich as him could have prolonged this type of death.... and I believe there was a family doctor at his home when it happened. I guess when it's your time to go there is nothing that can prevent death.

Well from what I heard about heart attack on TV. They can happen to anyone and the key time to be revived is 3-4min. After 10min the chances of revival are less the 5%. So in truth all you need is 10min alone and you are a goner. One other thing they said is that to bring you back to life you need to have that electro shock thingy and to be applied in the first min. Since in a heart attack the heart stops to work all together and if not restart fast you fall in a deep coma from lack of oxygen to the brain.

My grandmother had a massive heart attack when she was 87. It took her over 30 minutes to get medical attention. Now she is 93 and still going strong.

Maybe it's the persons will to live or "higher power". Hopefully its the will to live because both of my grandfathers died of a hear attack and my dad had one when he was 58. I am pretty much screwed.

Michael Jackson made great music. He was a great dancer. He was rich, and very weird {space alien nose anyone?}.

His talent will be with us for a long time, like Elvis.

Rest in Peace MJ.

Yeah, I was online when the news broke on 4chan. Just after it hit TMX.

It's a real shame really, he led a sad life and was a great singer.

:paladin:

~Doom

Ya I noticed they only play his music all radio stations.

And it sux , because I only like 2 of his hits.

Well then I am happy I am home, with wonderfull online radio.

I can choose some without him - until work tomorrow ( satturday ).

It's a sad time for an extraordinary number of people. I can't say I was a "fan" but I do acknowledge the great joy he gave to millions around the world. That is quite something to be noted. Granted some parts of his life were questionable but for myself, death is a time for offering condolences to loved ones. Let sleeping dogs lie as they say.

Michael Jackson may have been an icon but it doesn't change the fact that he was still just a guy with loved ones like any other. Loved ones who are no doubt in deep sorrow over his death regardless of his past.

Rest in peace Michael and my condolences to his loved ones. Thanx for the tunes.

My grandmother had a massive heart attack when she was 87. It took her over 30 minutes to get medical attention. Now she is 93 and still going strong.

Maybe it's the persons will to live or "higher power". Hopefully its the will to live because both of my grandfathers died of a hear attack and my dad had one when he was 58. I am pretty much screwed.

Ahhh yes but they said its not that kind of heart attack. In the one you are saying you have a lot of time to react since the heart doesnt stop to work only the artery get a blood clot. In MJ case in this dangerous type the heart stops to work all together.

Every one please re frame from posting things that will break the forum rules which you can find here. Dont touch religious and political/legal matters or I or someone else from the mod team will have to intervene.

In the end this is a sad day for many people and if nothing else have some feeling for them.

Katran.