Adding new images to SacredWiki Bestiary

Oh god don't change the ones you already made, lol. Are you insane man?! There's one more trick to it btw. I always take my stat pics against a solid background like the sky or the solid black found in caves. ^^

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just thought a little more on it....since it would be a gif and not jpg I would have to change all the bestiary links too :thumbsup: Might leave that for later after everything has been done

Oh yeah. Leave the ones you made, haha. I only mentioned it for future pics but it really isn't that big a deal.

P.s.

Fixed the Demons and Energy submissions I made. I've started using a new template that we can use for enemies that are only in Ice and Blood. Again, no need to back track on what you've already done. :thumbsup:

I think I need an anti-thinking pill....I think. That or one that makes me think of these ideas before I advance too far in a project.

On the Quest Enemy Bestiary section....Should we annotate whether the enemy is available in SP/MP, Camp/Freeplay, Character/Alignment/Deity Specific etc ? What got me thinking this is Loromir and the Undead Dragon...pretty sure they're available only to the Shadow Warrior in SP while doing the character specific chain quest.

The stats were left out intentionally way back when because the info in them was all wrong. It's possible the stats are fixed now and if so they would be a great addition. All Dragons will go on that page if you could get those two you mentioned that would be great. Maybe we could even get the Grinch in there. That would be sweet. 1smile.gif

Been meaning to ask about this.....even the regular enemies seem to suffer this problem...the stats are different from what you see on the status bar while fighting it and what is displayed in the Last Opponent window. I've noticed it several times and can easily get a few pics to show the differences. Think (.....grr thinking again) I'll go get a few pics to show what I mean.

K..here are a few enemies...the Leaping Spit Plant and the Fen Fire.....I'm sure you'll notice the differences

FenBar.jpg

FenStats.jpg

LeapingPlantBar.jpg

LeapingPlantStats.jpg

Sometimes all the damage types are there but in different percentages as shown here

BloodwarriorBar.jpg

BloodwarriorStats.jpg

Now that I'm really looking into it, it seems all the resists so far are correct, right now I'm just roaming around the Dryad area....gonna see if I can find a resist mismatch

edit: Seems the resists are pretty much correct...I can see slight percentage differences but probably less than 15%. Unfortunately the damage types are different on numerous enemies and it seems it's widespread...I found inconsistencies in every area...:P

Got all the regular enemies done except Undead, Wild Animal and Expansion. Will complete Undead and Wild Animal tomorrow...Expansion will wait (still need to take pics of them)until I get all the Non-expansion Quest Enemies filled in...got a few days just to upload and edit those.

Gah! I had a response all written up earlier today and I kinda just closed my browser and lost it, lol. I had so many browser windows open I just closed them all in exasperation, haha. Oh boy oh boy. Too many things at once I tell yah Knuckles. Ok then! Let's see what we got.

To annotate or not to annotate.

I'd say not. Let the quest pages take care of that information. :D

Of Stats and HP Bars

Ok well it isn't really as bad as it looks. Near the start of Sacred 2 and the wiki we decided to avoid including HP Bars in action shots as much as possible in order to avoid confusion by readers. Most Stats vs. HP Bars are actually ok. Then and now. The differences we see as in your pics below "should" just be a matter that the stats are not icluding Combat Art type damage. Stats I believe are only listing the damage that the enemy can do in melee or ranged whereas the extra damage types seen in HP Bars are the types of damage their Combat Arts can do. Hence I always mark down "Damage Types" based on the HP Bars where ever possible. Actually... Now that I'm thinking about it it seems I've been missing some. Seekers for example I did. The stats say all physical damage for Seekers but I've also put Poison since it's explosion does poison. On the other hand I didn't add in the fact that Skinned Ones do a Poison DOT damage so I'll need to go back and fix that. Extra damage types from HP Bars should defintiely be included but they also will have to be tested by switching Relics and comparing in order to make sure the HP Bar damage info is correct. Kind of a drag but when in doubt, or in a hurry, simply take the HP Bar at face value. I'm fairly certain for the most part that they are correct. I think where we had the most trouble was with bosses which I'll certainly be looking at very closely. If you happen to do some Quest Bosses you might want to keep a sharp eye on the Stats vs. HP Bar differences.

Oh here's a nice example of a real messed up Stat vs. HP Bar. Construct I'm not sure what to make of this one but maybe I'll test the Construct against some relics. bah!

Really awesome work Knuckles. I can't believe you're sticking to this, lol. It's really nice work. I don't think I've ever noticed the Blood Dryad Shaman before. Nice captures. :P

Ok, now take 20 of these and call me in the morn. If you can think of it... ^^ *20 anti-thinking pills*

P.s.

Looooove the Monsters. My fave Beastie page so far!

I think I need an anti-thinking pill....I think. That or one that makes me think of these ideas before I advance too far in a project.

On the Quest Enemy Bestiary section....Should we annotate whether the enemy is available in SP/MP, Camp/Freeplay, Character/Alignment/Deity Specific etc ? What got me thinking this is Loromir and the Undead Dragon...pretty sure they're available only to the Shadow Warrior in SP while doing the character specific chain quest.

The stats were left out intentionally way back when because the info in them was all wrong. It's possible the stats are fixed now and if so they would be a great addition. All Dragons will go on that page if you could get those two you mentioned that would be great. Maybe we could even get the Grinch in there. That would be sweet. 1smile.gif

Been meaning to ask about this.....even the regular enemies seem to suffer this problem...the stats are different from what you see on the status bar while fighting it and what is displayed in the Last Opponent window. I've noticed it several times and can easily get a few pics to show the differences. Think (.....grr thinking again) I'll go get a few pics to show what I mean.

K..here are a few enemies...the Leaping Spit Plant and the Fen Fire.....I'm sure you'll notice the differences

FenBar.jpg

FenStats.jpg

LeapingPlantBar.jpg

LeapingPlantStats.jpg

Sometimes all the damage types are there but in different percentages as shown here

BloodwarriorBar.jpg

BloodwarriorStats.jpg

Now that I'm really looking into it, it seems all the resists so far are correct, right now I'm just roaming around the Dryad area....gonna see if I can find a resist mismatch

edit: Seems the resists are pretty much correct...I can see slight percentage differences but probably less than 15%. Unfortunately the damage types are different on numerous enemies and it seems it's widespread...I found inconsistencies in every area...:4rofl:

Got all the regular enemies done except Undead, Wild Animal and Expansion. Will complete Undead and Wild Animal tomorrow...Expansion will wait (still need to take pics of them)until I get all the Non-expansion Quest Enemies filled in...got a few days just to upload and edit those.
Really awesome work Knuckles. I can't believe you're sticking to this, lol. It's really nice work

Thanks guys, it's really been a lot of fun so far...all the time I've played and I'm finding enemies I've never noticed before too.

I'm pretty stubborn, resolute, tenacious, determined and any other adjective you can think of about seeing this thru to the finish....you can blame my Dad for that ( I am lol). I haven't burned out on doing it yet...though had a few days where my back started barking at me from sitting too long editing.

I'll have to think on editing damage types...I found easily 20-30 enemies while just roaming around for half an hour that had Stat/Bar inconsistencies, I can just imagine what the quest enemies would be like (must have 300+ of them). I know a bunch have DoT's (reg and Quest) that I didn't mention. It might mean going thru everything again. I'll give more thought on that after I post everything I got now

Probably should take one of those anti-think pills.....gulp....now what were we talking about again?

All pre-expansion non-quest enemies are completed except for Xmas Island. I have a to-do list for various small fixes or updates to the pics in Bestiary now. Also will have more quest enemies for sections I've already done as I progess thru the different characters

have about 1/2 the Crystal Plane enemies documented and waiting for upload along with a couple hundred quest enemies I've edited.

Need some info from anyone familiar and/or currently using the Temple Guardian's Primal Mutation. Which enemies are easiest to convert and are they only converted to chickens ? Which mods are best to use, and Combat Art level vs. enemy level.

Also need to know which weapon is best for attacking the Heart of the Machine.

May not be able to do much this week as Mon-Thurs are 4am starts. Friday is my late start day 6 am :)

thx loco :)

Another question for Schot and gogo..............

What got me thinking on this is Nimonuil. He's the guy you fight on the bridge just before the Nameless Guardians. When you defeat him you do not get an entry in the 'Last Opponent Defeated' window. So instead I posted the stat bar for him. I felt Nimonuil was too important as an enemy to leave out just because he doesn't give a regular Stats pic. There are several other quest enemies like this. Once you 'defeat' them, they will then either assist you or give you the info or item you need.

I didn't enter any of those into the Bestiary, but think I should have. I need to run thru all the quests again anyways just to make sure I didn't miss anything and also to see if declining some quest parts will change anything as far as new enemies goes. It won't really take that much to do. Just wondering if you guys feel the same way. I'd rather have too much info in there than not enough. It would just mean there would be a Stat Bar instead of the normal Stats Pic like I did for Nimonuil.

I'll have one entry that will have both :D You fight Adanis the Undead (Shadow Warrior Chain Quest) twice. He resurrects as a Lich Prince after first defeating him as a Skeleton Mage. I get a Stat window for the Lich Prince but not the Mage. So I'll have a stat bar for that.

Curious problem Knuckles. I would prefer to try and find a way to get a stat box. Can we use a stat box from similarly defeated enmies? I could photoshop them to reflect what the HP Bars show. We could, for example, use one of the Undead Mage's stats as a base to use for Adanis's first form. For Nimonuil maybe we could find a similar Inquisitor type enemy and use it's stats as a base for me to photoshop.

P.s.

I got the stats for the first form of Adanis the Undead and added it to the page. :) I used a potion of undead death to completely defeat him while in his first form.

The only thing I'm worried about is we would be fudging the stats. Nimonuil is much stronger than any other human inquisitor types. They may provide a base line for comparison but actual figures may need to come from the file itself (and that's something I'm clueless on)

That's a good point. What I could do is remove the numerical values from the stat box. That way there's no misleading info but the armor and damage types will be represented in a way that flows with the existing layout.

Glad you volunteered to do all that....I was wondering how I was going to fit that in my schedule....but since you stepped up, I can get all those other 'non-stat' enemies you have to defeat, and have then you convert the Stat Bar over to the format we're using now

Without you this wouldn't have been possible....my humblest thanks in advance to you, Most Excellent Schot :)

Haha. No problem at all my most excellent Knuckles. :) Post what you got and I'll see about converting them.

ummm I haven't got any yet other than those two lol....At first I didn't consider any of those type quest enemies for the bestiary since you didn't actually kill them, just subdued them....I have to run thru all the quests again anyways so I'll be tossing you a few to work on each night or at least a few every other night.

thinking some more.........

Do we want to keep Christmas Island as a Bestiary section? All the other ones are based on enemy types while this is the only one based on a location. Just wondering

I'll leave that question to be answered by gogo. ^^ As for the Dragon page problem earlier it's all fixed up. You were just missing |} at the end. :drool:

P.s.

I think it might look better if we put Loromir up with Merkil under their own heading. Something like "Friendly Dragons" ? What do you think?

I knew it was something simple...don't know how I missed that...well yes I do...all code looks the same to me...

And on Loromir...I agree...I think it makes more sense to organize that page by enemy type than alphabetically. We've already done it with the Lizards and Young Dragons so it makes sense to continue it with the Dragons too

My thoughts on Xmas Island...If we keep it then we should also make a new section for Mount Island...I would rather see it all based on Enemy Types (I'm a purist, what can I say). Though Mount Island and Christmas Island are not really part of the regions/areas as we think of it. I say either remove Xmas Island as a category or add Mount Island to it. I'm fine with it either way and if it stays as is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe. I was thinking I should have probably done that when I made the regular Ice and Blood template. But gosh darnit it's so much more fun when you ask. :)

I'll have a go at it tomorrow. ^^

P.s.

But send me a PM tomorrow so I don't forget, lol.