Adding new images to SacredWiki Bestiary

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are actually one of my favorite images in the game. I'd always thought that whoever did them was inspired. There is something about them that is cute? I don't find them gory at all.. more like well-dressed, well-groomed werewolves. Most time I've found werewolves to be pretty scary... like in American Werewolf in London...but here in the game, the animations and drawings were so neat... and the werewolf town is simply icing on the cake.

I am always reminded of Michael J Fox in Teen Werewolf:

teenwolf.jpg

;)

gogo

Just using Print Screen (or Ctrl-Print Screen for stats). Then converting the tga format to jpeg with Irfanview, using slowest re-sample rate. You really have to make the original pic as close-up as possible before trying to save. Otherwise the details won't transfer when you try to re-size.

Humans are looking SO good!

HU-Thraconian.jpg

It's going to be sad when you've captured them all ...there won't be any more surprises for me to look at everytime I open up the Bestiary!

;)

gogo

That looks very inviting gogo. Though if I get in one I don't think I'll get out for a couple weeks :)

I'm only usually Alt-Tabbing once per enemy, just to rename the save file so I don't forget exactly what the enemy name is. Probably easier using Fraps but I'm too used to doing it the way I am :)

I was trying to tinker around....don't worry I didn't mess anything up (yet) :agreed:

I was trying to input some color codes to spruce it up a bit. I could explain it but just click the link and look at the text under the Albino Rat pic. I couldn't input that where I wanted (wanted to change color for each of the damages listed in description). These more than likely will not be the final color codes, but just wanted to see how they look and also find out if that is something you would want to do.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Wild_Animal

Ahhh, awesome idea. That had come to mind a while back, but never got to putting in the element colors. Knuckles take a look at this page here... what do you think about just using the ingame element graphics:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage

You could actually have them connect to their own elemental damage pages in the wiki here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage_Types

:agreed:

gogo

I'll give those a try when I get home from work. I just want to give the right side of the pages some 'life'. All the details/pics are on the left side while the right side is mostly blank.

It's a good idea. Adding those bars can definitely give a ton of life to the right side of the pages, and having them linked to their page explaining what the element does will definitely give a lot of depth to the info by having it connect to relevant information.

:D

gogo

And I thought I would take a few pics and crank out all the updates in a weekend or two lol.....silly me :D

Will have to play around a bit and see what looks good. just wondering why I can input the color code at the bottom of the entry but couldn't do it within the text itself. Like where it says "Does Physical and Poison Damage", when I inserted the HTML code and saved, the code would just disappear. Was hoping to compare both ways and have some peeps comment on which they prefer.

I'd love to help Knuckles but gosh oh golly this here is gogo's lil baby. I wouldn't wants to go messin around in'is bidness and all. ^^

P.s.

Watch out for the width thing. It's easy to lose track of but we need to make sure every page can fit on a 1024x768 resolution. I'm jus sayin!

Knuckles, did you see the link to the page with the color bars? Those are ingame images for the elements themselves, and you can pull the images right off the page in the wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage

• physical.png Physical

• fire.png Fire

• ice.png Ice

• magic.png Magic

• poison.png Poison

We can use those and they will be instantly recognizable to all players, and later on we can connect them to their proper elemental damage pages:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage_Types

Brad and I had wanted to set up the pages with this a while back, and having the bars connect to other pages that players find useful will definitely make the information valuable.

:lol:

gogo

@Schot...glad you mentioned the resolution restrictions...didn't even think of that. Obviously why I have some 'dead' space on the right side. Running 1920 x 1080 here

@gogo...as Schot said this is your baby so I'll use the color bars. Sure it'll look cool :lol: I'll get one edited with those in a bit (after helping kiddo with homework) and get your blessing on it.

Looks great :lol:

I was trying to figure out how to format it so it looked nice, and now I don't have to lol. I put the edited damage icons in the 'bbicons' folder. would you rather I put them in a different one before I start linking everything to them?

I'll probably just take new stat pics so they match the others ones I've already posted (if that's ok :lol:)

Updated damage icons on High Elf, Human and most of Wild Animal

I'll probably just take new stat pics so they match the others ones I've already posted (if that's ok :D )

Updated damage icons on High Elf, Human and most of Wild Animal

Yes, that's great. Matching sizes and styles is always best... and if you're up for it, then great. Just checked out page this morning... lol how do you do it so fast...when I was doing a few size changes yesterday you were up and running all over me on Wiki recent changes

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Special:Recentchanges

;)

gogo