Adding new images to SacredWiki Bestiary

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught me while working :)

Got most of the High Elf section done, though I want to get some new stat pics. Just need that question about Champs pics/stats answered (couple posts up) and I might have it done by tomorrow.

Existing HE enemies are about 90% complete, though I still need to add some new enemies stats/pics (especially champ versions)

Any quest you can think of that has unique High Elf enemies let me know :)

That High Elf page looks so much better Knuckles. Really. Awesome work. Before Knuckles vs. After Knuckles. :)

Just need that question about Champs pics/stats answered (couple posts up) and I might have it done by tomorrow.

Would this answer it? Flying Demon I think that's the same sort of thing as what you're talking about. You could do it the same way Knuckles. Well... Provided gogo the Bestiary Boss approves. :D

Thx for all the positive replies :hugs:

Having a lot of fun doing this. But I would also like to thank whomever originally did all the work. I believe it was Arperum. Without all the effort and time he spent getting it all together I would have had a much tougher time building the bestiary pages.

Think I'll start on the Human Enemy page next, but if anyone comes across any enemy I missed or a unique enemy from a quest (especially High Elf ones right now) please let me know what quest it is and the location and I can then add to the wiki.

Ahhh, good words Knuckles! Arperum spent MANY hours on the besiary...in fact he was the one who just one day out of the blue showed up and began doing nice things for us, un asked and simply on his own. His extraordinary work last year put together the baseline for the entire Sacred 2 Bestiary and is one of the mainstays of the database.

Props Arperum

And... now Knuckles with your revamp coming from the super comp. let me add that looking at that page you`ve been adding to is like eating a box full of sugar-coated giggles of pleasure.. Ancaria never looked so good.

Thank you

:hugs:

gogo

Thanks Arp, but all the credit goes to my new rig lol. It's doing all the hard work :drinks:

Without all your contributions, I would have had a much harder time and Schot's email would have been flooded with questions from me.

Knuckles, the new images are fantastic. This one stuck out at me almost immedietely:

HE-ArcheroftheBluestonePirates-Cham.jpg

Are you freeze-framing the game for pix, or are you just taking a bunch and then choosing which are the best?

:)

gogo

Just saw that Humans page. Lookin very nice knuckles. :)

Big kudos to you Arp! You created a much needed base for others to follow in your footsteps. :agreed:

I'm pausing then taking pic. I'll usually find a suitable volunteer to pose and then try to get him in mid-action as I step away (so my toon isn't in pic). It can take a few minutes to get the right angle and action shot, but I've tried to have the enemy doing some aggressive act in it. So I could be pausing/un-pausing dozens of times for each one.

I forgot about all the Cult members so I'll have many more Human pics to go yet.

The pic above probably took 3-4 minutes to get. Those dang arrows are fast :agreed:

I like this the one best so far (but got some better ones not posted (yet)) If you look at the Inquisition Guard pic closely you'll see her forearms/wrists are all messed up :)

HE-SailorofBluestonePirates-M.jpg

Ahhh, Knuckles that is so patience trying... Schot got hooked into using the pause button in the game in SP Lan. Have you tried that? It's like playing Sacred 2 in a Matrix stop-action world.

:agreed:

gogo

Man I'm having waaay too much fun with this. TBH I was kind of burnt out and couldn't find that spark I needed to become interested in Sacred 2 again. I was thinking Great, I have this awesome rig to play it on and I don't feel like playing it:agreed:

Well just as it happened in S1 (World Discovered/Map Project re-kindled the desire then), I'm finding working on the Bestiary is doing the same for Sacred 2. I have been taking tons of pics. Got a bunch of Wild Animals to update too as I've been wandering the High Elf and Human areas. Sure I missed a couple but will re-visit each area at least once more.

Here's another pic (not in Bestiary yet) that I really like

Monster-Minotaur Champ with buffs active

Mon-Minotaur-Champ.jpg

Oooowaaaah. That would make an awesome new avatar for yourself Knuckles. Would be so perfect if you could get that same pic but with no background. Just a solid black... I wonder if the console could do that somehow while you're paused.

I can relate to the idea of the bestiary rekindling the Sacred love. Documenting the game really gets me into it. It somehow rejuvenates the feeling of discovering things in game. At least that's the feeling I get. Not to mention it must feel very rewarding to see your work on those bestiary pages. You're really making them look awesome. :)

P.s.

Isn't there a stomp animation for the Minotaurs? Can you capture that?! :agreed:

The stomp is the animation used to activate the buffs it seems. Not sure if it will translate well into a pic, but I'm still at that cave and can try re-spawning him and see if I can grab one.

The 2 Shadow Warrior pics I posted in the 'Secondary Effects' thread are at the same spot at the same moment (I was paused). It seems when I Alt Tab out to save pic and then return, the game advances a few milli-seconds and sometimes I get a mostly black screen behind me or the enemy. I'll see if I can get one like that also of the Minotaur.

edit: the black background seems to only work in caves, but that's where the Minotaur is :agreed:

Cool thanx Knuckles. I can't remember what the animation looks like and I'm curious about how nice it is. I do recall thinking it was a nice effect.

The Stomp Animation is really quick but here are a few pic (thumbnails-pics are big). Hopefully these were what you were looking for

edit: Seems I lose the Stomp Buff Animation when I Alt-Tab out, so no black screen with that animation-sorry :)

th_Stomp1.jpg

th_Stomp2.jpg

th_Stomp3.jpg

th_Stomp4.jpg

Ah you were right Knuckles. They don't translate well as a screenshot. I guess it's the animation as a whole that impressed me. Thanx for taking them still. The detail on the Minotaurs is pretty wild though.