Adding new images to SacredWiki Bestiary

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't already you could have an easy time doing this in SP since you can pause to capture cool poses. Cool Carnach Close up! Looks like the makings of a new avatar for knuckles?

Was actually thinking of updating/adding all the enemy pics for the wiki...thx for the idea about taking pics in SP. Also if you know of any good free image progs (I'm using Irfanview to convert the .tga's) let me know.

Also if you know of a link to download some pre-made toons would be great too :D

Oh ok. I don't have anything like that but I can provide you the means to create it yourself quickly. Well... This should work anyway.

Make a backup of your Balance.txt file

Now open your original Balance.txt file in a text editor

Find:

-- end of hard-coded data

QuestExplow = {20,25,30,40,50},

QuestGoldlow = {25,30,35,40,50},

SpellFactorDiff = {800,1000,1200,1500,2000},

QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,8050},

DefenseFactorDiff = {650,1000,1500,2500,4500},

QuestExpmax = {4020,5025,6030,8040,10050},

MP_experience = {1000,1150,1325,1550,1825},

And change to:

-- end of hard-coded data

QuestExplow = {200000,200000,200000,200000,200000},

QuestGoldlow = {25,30,35,40,50},

SpellFactorDiff = {800,1000,1200,1500,2000},

QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,8050},

DefenseFactorDiff = {650,1000,1500,2500,4500},

QuestExpmax = {400000,400000,400000,400000,400000},

MP_experience = {99990,99992,99994,99996,99999},

This should allow you to gain levels super fast in SP or LAN either by doing quests are plain and simple grinding.

As for a good choice for image editing I think Irfanview is perfect for the job. You can left click drag across a picture to make a box around an area you'd like to crop and then push CTRL+Y to complete the crop.

Will have to give that a try. Guess I need to restore that file before playing on-line right? Or I could just export my high level Shadow Warrior if I can import him to SP or pause works in single Co-op or LAN.

The only time you'd need to change it back is when a new patch comes out... So probably never, lol. That Balance.txt is only used/applied when you create your own server such as SP, LAN and even OPEN I believe. Closed.Net uses it's own Balance.txt.

You could also use your own export in SP. I think...

Oh and if you could, try to make your crops as square as possible. No need to be exact but when they are square-ish Photobucket will thumbnail them nicely. See the Demon bestiary page for what I'm meaning.

Demon

P.s.

Pause is only in SP

Great idea for wnting to help out Knuckles. Take a look at bosses and daemon's pages which Schot has spent many hours on... the pix are choice of many many screenies to try and grab the essence of a monster in a single screenie.

If looking to update the wiki with better pix, off hand, high elves and humans are begging for help. No offense to Areperum when he did he pages... he was the only one that tackled he massive job alone, and he gave us baseline... but if you look careful at things like humanoid monster, some of the goblins, etc... you will see pix produced from a very low end computer ..very small images of the enemies and they are not "considered" pictures of enemies which shows "essence"

:)

gogo

Great idea for wnting to help out Knuckles. Take a look at bosses and daemon's pages which Schot has spent many hours on... the pix are choice of many many screenies to try and grab the essence of a monster in a single screenie.

If looking to update the wiki with better pix, off hand, high elves and humans are begging for help. No offense to Areperum when he did he pages... he was the only one that tackled he massive job alone, and he gave us baseline... but if you look careful at things like humanoid monster, some of the goblins, etc... you will see pix produced from a very low end computer ..very small images of the enemies and they are not "considered" pictures of enemies which shows "essence"

gogo

I had looked at a few and they were low res, which gave me the idea for doing this. Why have a super rig if I don't do much with it? When you say High Elf and Humans, do you mean the actual enemies or the regions? I'm going to try and get every different variable there is for each enemy. Kobolds, for instance, must have a dozen different flavors. And how important is it that the enemy info bar be visible in the pic? Also do you want them with any attack auras and such?

Good question. I guess the best way to do this is to ferret out the bad pix. For example, if we go to High Elf Enemy:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:High_Elf_Enemy

Every enemy pic on that page is *cough* well, you know what I mean ^^ Let's say they could stand for some love and updating.

When you click on the pix you can see that they don't get any bigger cuz the pix size is so small... this is because of res of poor comp it was shot on.

Only pic good on that page is first one:

Anjaros:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Anjaros

gogo

p.s. btw, the pic database for wiki is here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3849

password under SacredWiki

Here's 2 samples..full body and torso shot. these were done while invisible so the background is a bit muted as far as colors go

pirate-full.jpg

piratehead.jpg

and one more when I'm visible...little harder to get these shots lined up

pirate3.jpg

one more

heavyturtle.jpg

These are perfect Knuckles. Why are these harder?

and one more when I'm visible...little harder to get these shots lined up

pirate3.jpg

one more

heavyturtle.jpg

The pirate pix are fantastic..great detail on the face visual closeups! Those High Elf enemies were looking pretty unclear. Did you take look at the other groupings I mentioned were needy as well? The turle came out looking great. If you're thinking of substituting your turtle pic for one in the wiki that is as bad looking as the High Elf Enemies, then awesome!

gogo

Mostly because they're moving more (like as in attacking me) so it's hard to get separation AND get the right camera angle at same time. Not a huge deal, will just take a minute or 2 more per enemy.

@gogo....I was just going thru the area below Sloeford to 'refine' my pic taking. Still working on perfecting it so all pics are same quality

Ah kk. Have you tried going to lowest difficulty? They'll have white rings and should make things easier since they won't attack you. As for Enemy Bars I think gogo doesn't need them at all. Personally I like to add them just for the sake of reference but this is gogo's baby. ^^

No particular size Knuckles. If they are all square-ish then they will all end up being the same thumbnail size that is automated by photobucket. If you're looking for a guideline in terms of dimensions I'd say that last Turtle pic of yours is the perfect size. As close to that is perfect but again not required to be exact. :yay:

Ayup I am showing off :P

Though I did snap that one by accident. But once I saw it I had to post it :viking:

I like the one of the turtle trying to take a bite out of my rear (and yes that really was where he was hitting me). Like it so much so I'll try to get an 'action' shot for each enemy. I'll start by getting pics of High Elf Enemies but got 2 things: 1 observation and 1 question.

1)Either my brain capacity has shrunk more than I knew, or the first High Elf enemy pic is actually a Blood Dryad (not an Inquisitor)

2) I see some pics with a nice border/framing and some without. How easy is it to add that border to all my pics?

Edit: 3rd question :viking:

Some enemies have a female and male version, the HE Malicious Brigand for instance. The male version throws Shurikens while the female throws Daggers. Can I submit more than one pic per enemy ?

Also Bandits attack with a least 2 different weapons so far, fist blade and spear, want a pic for each?

Edit #2: Noticed some pics in the bestiary are for quest enemies. Shouldn't they be in the Quest section? Or do I need to do a bunch of quests and get all those pics too?

Looks like your brain is just fine. Was a wrong entry Knuckles. ^^

Adding the border is super easy. Full the pages that have many enemies running down the list I have a macro that can add the frames to them all in a couple clicks so don't worry about adding frames to them. If you want to feel free but adding frames to the individual enmemy pages is much more needed. :P

{{S2frame|INSERTpicHERE}}

You would put the thumnail link in there like the below:

{{S2frame|[URL=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Sacred_2/Bestiary/High%20elves/Anjaros.jpg][IMG=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Sacred_2/Bestiary/High%20elves/Anjaros.jpg][/URL]}}

For enemies with same name different appearance you could do the same as I did for Demon. Extra text info is always a plus. :viking:

Quest enemies should appear in both. As an entry in the Bestiary and mentioned in the relevant quest page.

Sorry I'm being kinda short and maybe a lil vague but the Kami is in like 1 hour and I am sooooo not ready, lol. Ask more if yah got more!

is there a default size you want all the pics to be ?

piratelady.jpg

turtleattack.jpg

Closeups are good because when we click we get excellent view. They take longer but are beautiful. Get a few into the wiki and with that practice you will see it is not hard.

For different sexes, is they have same name but different pix, maybe put them on the same page spread out like someone did for the olms.

Good luck

gogo

I just checked... when you press "edit" button on Wiki you should be able to edit the page. You need to log in with same password and log in name as you do here at DarkMatters.

gogo