The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

Absolutely. Simply make a free play server. Other players can only kill you on a PvP server. This way you can do boss runs over and over till you drop :)

EDIT: This is what I love about Sacred 2 online. It's not an MMORPG when people can steal your stuff, gank, steal kills, or PK you cause they feel like it.

please please please tell me this works for CONSOLES!

What causes the respawn?

Absolutely. Simply make a free play server. Other players can only kill you on a PvP server. This way you can do boss runs over and over till you drop :)

EDIT: This is what I love about Sacred 2 online. It's not an MMORPG when people can steal your stuff, gank, steal kills, or PK you cause they feel like it.

please please please tell me this works for CONSOLES!

What causes the respawn?

yes it works on console. go to online: create a game: select private ( only invites can join) and freeplay. you kill what you want then exit and start the server over and do it again.

Only way to respawn is join a new server, except for the forest guardian who you can get to respawn by entering the nearby cave and then exiting it.

Him... and the Dryad Dragon.

Greetz

what's the difference between doing that, and just starting an offline game, and exiting after you kill what you want?

Unique and Legendary drop rates are AT LEAST 2 or 3x better when online/LAN rather than offline. Roundabout figures anyway.

@Barris - congratulations on 1k posts! :4rofl:

Only way to respawn is join a new server, except for the forest guardian who you can get to respawn by entering the nearby cave and then exiting it.

Him... and the Dryad Dragon.

Greetz

I did consider mentioing him, but I've never gotten him to respawn, so I just conveniently forgot about him :4rofl:

There are two ways to make him respawn, either by going through the portal at the back of his "room" or running out of there and into the room with lava that is nearby.

Unique and Legendary drop rates are AT LEAST 2 or 3x better when online/LAN rather than offline. Roundabout figures anyway.

are the enemies more difficult?

Shouldn't be. Don't have any first-hand knowledge there.

I guess if you joined another person's game online, and they were higher level/higher difficulty) then they would be "more difficult". Too OBV?

Ya, I saw last night after getting my Inquisitor to level 2 that he cannot learn EP... started a Temple Guardian instead *snore*

I've read over the poll on kill speed/item drops, not sure I agree with the theory... unique drops seems to be based entirely on luck for me. I can specifically remember a few instances where it took me a long time (30+ seconds?) to take out a particular champion, and that champion ended up dropping a unique. I remember one day getting 3 uniques dropped over about a 10 minute span, then for the next several hours, no uniques at all...

My opinion on this has changed now... I now think that higher kill efficiency with a weapon = higher quality of drops. This was probably hard to see on my Shadow Warrior since I was a dual wielder, and one of my two weapons always had good base damage and other modifiers. I am now using a single sword wielding Temple Guardian (Silver), so the difference when changing weapons is much more significant and noticable. Case in point, I forged my new level 35 Officer's Saber with 3 CFV items, giving it +20.3%, in hopes that this would of course improve my drop rate and therefore the number of unique/set drops as well. After several hours (5-6) of play, only one unique had dropped. I had been going out of my way to kill champions too, but nothing. Even rares were hard to come by. Frustrated, I decided to try out my Boneslicer (level 38 with + dmg forged in gold socket) for a little while...within the next 30 minutes I had 3 uniques (including 1 set). Played for another 45 minutes, got 3 more uniques. I definitely was not killing a higher rate of champions than before. Higher value rares dropping also. Started playing a little while ago, a unique dropped within 10 minutes (and prompted me to post here).

I will keep updating on my progress...

• 3 weeks later...
The egg can't be killed on consoles. I got a LL% shuriken and couldn't hit it no matter if I was standing on the metal base or not.

it can be killed on the consoles, the problem is how to pick up the loot after its dead, due to the invisable outline of the orb in the way. the shuriken you were using requires you to lock on to enemies before it will attack, same with weapon based combat arts (except for BeeEffGee). try using a non lock-on combat art raging nimbus, icy evanescense, skelatal fornication, malicious totem, etc. the more you kill him the easier he becomes to kill, the first time takes a very LONG time 20 minutes at least. you will see the regen per hit activate and your charachter will shout at it, BUT the "egg" is hard to damage at first so most of the time when you hit it it wont register any damage, you will see yellow numbers in the middle of the orb when it does, thats why it takes so long to kill at first. this might sound silly or illegitamate, but I assure you it can be done, but getting the loot it the puzzle. I've watched several of my friends jaws drop when the orb died, and the loot pile vanished. because we could'nt pick it up.

Mini bosses count towards the legendary drop counter right? I have killed alittle over 200 main bosses, and 100 or so mini bosses. just wondering if I am starting to get close to a posssible drop or if I still have 200 or so more to go.

Edited by Cloudnine7

I think that Slevin mentioned for Legendaries the best yield is guardians, with dragons having as high a drop rate with some other monsters matching. And it's about one per every 500 runs for guardians.

:)

gogo

Ya, I saw last night after getting my Inquisitor to level 2 that he cannot learn Enhanced Perception... started a Temple Guardian instead *snore*

I've read over the poll on kill speed/item drops, not sure I agree with the theory... unique drops seems to be based entirely on luck for me. I can specifically remember a few instances where it took me a long time (30+ seconds?) to take out a particular champion, and that champion ended up dropping a unique. I remember one day getting 3 uniques dropped over about a 10 minute span, then for the next several hours, no uniques at all...

My opinion on this has changed now... I now think that higher kill efficiency with a weapon = higher quality of drops. This was probably hard to see on my Shadow Warrior since I was a dual wielder, and one of my two weapons always had good base damage and other modifiers. I am now using a single sword wielding Temple Guardian (Silver), so the difference when changing weapons is much more significant and noticable. Case in point, I forged my new level 35 Officer's Saber with 3 CFV items, giving it +20.3%, in hopes that this would of course improve my drop rate and therefore the number of unique/set drops as well. After several hours (5-6) of play, only one unique had dropped. I had been going out of my way to kill champions too, but nothing. Even rares were hard to come by. Frustrated, I decided to try out my Boneslicer (level 38 with + dmg forged in gold socket) for a little while...within the next 30 minutes I had 3 uniques (including 1 set). Played for another 45 minutes, got 3 more uniques. I definitely was not killing a higher rate of champions than before. Higher value rares dropping also. Started playing a little while ago, a unique dropped within 10 minutes (and prompted me to post here).

I will keep updating on my progress...

I have to disagree. I have a few hard hitting characters, and it seems random. Bu tthis should be posted in the kill speed affects drops (no it doesen't, Yes it does!) thread.

I guess probably should stick with the guardians since there is a estimate drop rate, I was figuring if I counted my earlier set piece runs I would be closer, but perhaps not. congrats on your earlier find gogo

congrats on your earlier find gogo

thank you!

It was at number 375. Five guardians per run... this is doable. Just make sure you have a couple of cans of icy mountain dew, turn up the music high and then begin the farming and go on, and on , and on , and on...

gogo

thank you!

It was at number 375. Five guardians per run... this is doable. Just make sure you have a couple of cans of icy mountain dew, turn up the music high and then begin the farming and go on, and on , and on , and on...

gogo

Will do! good ol' mountain dew! but it will only be 4 per run for me, I haven't figured out how to kill the egg with the inquisitor lol.

But the egg can be killed though, but better not to do it as it would be a big tease to see the loot vanish due to the non pickup option.