@Podgie Bear ... could have been worse ... Winnie the Poo for instance.

But I like Podgie Bear - I used to get Hodgie Podgie when I was a kid, so it almost feels like family.

@Rusto ... Ah! You would need to explain the significance of spray paint in Sacred.....is that one of your toon's buffs?

Back when I first started playing on Xbox I was setting up my account and selected an avatar pic of a dragon 21023.png

My wife is from Guatemala and Spanish is her first lanquage. I often ask here for help in naming my characters and such, so I asked her for a good name to go with my avatar pic. she thought my pic looked like a crazy looking Alligator, not a dragon. So the name locolagarto was born and it has stuck for 5-6 years now

@Rusto ... Ah! You would need to explain the significance of spray paint in Sacred.....is that one of your toon's buffs?

Lol, no significance really, one of the many names I used to write, and like the sound of it so have used it in most games I've played as an alias :)

Mine was by complete accident....When I first signed up for on-line play (many many years ago in S1) I thought I was naming my character and not the account...my first on-line character was to be a boxing Glad so I had wanted to name him Knuckles...and the rest is history

• 1 month later...

My username is divided into three parts. The ryan is obviously my first name, ryan. The rocker part comes from the fact that I love rock music, which stood out amongst all my friends who like rap (inside jokes about that part as well :) ). The 1217 is because my lucky numbers are 12 and 17. So in essense, the name is actually very simple, and not much backstory behind it :D

[@Silearth "Wasn't until much later that I learned that it had another meaning." You are not really going to leave it there are you? Perhaps I shouldn't ask ... I am probably the only one who doesn't understand ... iggorant old geezer.

Lol, didn't see this until today. Like I said, in the story, Silearth was a demon. More to the point, a non-sentient being created to be used as food to increase another demon's strength.

I always wondered where the name came from. Well, I have a driving need to know . . . everything. I spend a great deal of time looking things up. So it is very possible that I happened upon Silearth and forgot that it actually means Siliceous earth.

All the other names in the story have been changed, but Silearth remains.

Hey Silearth, are you a published writer? Or do you do your own stories for personal use? If you have a website with your stories on it, I'd love to read them sometime as the topic of demons and such got me excited :D

The name Etherian has 2 parts, possibly 3, the third is more lengthy which out of posterity sake, will leave alone.

Volume 1: While playing Diablo & Diablo II for over 10 years, I had a deep connection with Etheral items. These powerful items while worn on a merc cannot be destroyed, which also give uber bonuses in either base weapon damage or base armor defense. If used in a runeword with either a "Zod" rune or the runeword the player is crafting spawns the native property "indestructible" the same holds true. Etheral items spawn with either +50% base weapon damage / +50% base armor defense. Imagine the possibilites!

Volume 2: Without writing a full novel, research based, a desire to expand my own perception. This link will lead you to "pandora's box".......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla. The corralation between the link and forum name are not noticable at first. With alittle digging for those who wish, the answer is apparent.

Volume 3: Again out of posterity sake, will leave this alone. Those of you who have a tolerance for Science & Deep Space Exploration, the answer lies within deep space photographs taken from Hubble.

found here: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=h...ved=0CC0QsAQwAA

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian
Well... I'm not very imaginative so I just use my second surname: Hector Martinez Munera :)

huh, Munera is a great name Hector! :D If my second surname was a DM name, it may very well be the least exciting!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ Hector is also a mighty name. Watch the movie "Troy". :D

Well... I'm not very imaginative so I just use my second surname: Hector Martinez Munera :)

huh, Munera is a great name Hector! :D If my second surname was a DM name, it may very well be the least exciting!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ Hector is also a mighty name. Watch the movie "Troy". :D

troy_hector.jpg

yeah :)

Hey Silearth, are you a published writer? Or do you do your own stories for personal use? If you have a website with your stories on it, I'd love to read them sometime as the topic of demons and such got me excited :bounce:

I am not published yet. I have submitted stories--years ago, but never had any luck. You can see some of my(very unpolished) work on the SIF, in the fan fiction section. I had two series that followed the exploits of a battle mage, gladiator and a seraphim as well as a few stand alone tales.

My name was shortened to Lord of the North due to the original name had to many letters to it. Originally it was going to be Lord of the Northern Realm. I came up with this name do to a dream that had and probably never will come to fruition. I had wanted to open a game shop (Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the gathering, Warhammer, and others) and the name of the store was going to be "The Northern Realm hobbies and games". And the mascot of the store was going to be a knight a-la Don Quixote call LOTNR or Lord of the Northern Realm.

I created mine in 1996 or 1997, combining the words ankh and inconnu; I just liked the phonetics of it.

By a slight stroke of serendipity, it ends up having a decent meaning as well, combining the meanings of the two words; with the ankh being the symbol of life and immortality in Ancient Egypt, and inconnu meaning hidden, or an unknown person or thing. Combining the two you end up with hidden life or something of the sort.

I created mine in 1996 or 1997, combining the words ankh and inconnu; I just liked the phonetics of it.

Clever and elegant.

I word games , transformations and "twists" like that

...lol, I think it gets on my friends nerves cuz I can't stop PUNishing them

:paladin:

gogo

• 4 months later...

Mine is basic indeed :-

Cider, as I come from the west country.

And Steve...........cause that be me name !

Hmmm, I have no imagination.

You guys have some very cool names, btw.

Steve. :)

Mine is simply the name of the brightest star on the night sky.

It is also the name of an album by one of my favourite bands, Therion, their album "Sirius B".

Anyway, it just sounds quite awesome, especially when naming a wizard in any RPG. (NOT thinking Harry Potter)

You can spot Sirius and Sirius B in my signature.

Smart, eh?

Mine is simply the name of the brightest star on the night sky.

It is also the name of an album by one of my favourite bands, Therion, their album "Sirius B".

Anyway, it just sounds quite awesome, especially when naming a wizard in any RPG. (NOT thinking Harry Potter)

You can spot Sirius and Sirius B in my signature.

Smart, eh?

Very Clever!

Rockin' with the Avi. and Sig. awesome combo.

About the Avi. It has an almost metal feel to it, as if casted. Also for an Avi. it has incredible detail. Thumbnails are meant to be small, but that Avi. has a "can you see me now?" feel.

About the Sig. I fancy space & deep space exploration. Check out VY Canis Majoris. I simply cannot imagine anything this expansive. Boggles my mind to fathom the possibility objects in our dimension exist at this magnitude.

I remain, :Just_Cuz_21:

Very Clever!

Rockin' with the Avi. and Sig. awesome combo.

About the Avi. It has an almost metal feel to it, as if casted. Also for an Avi. it has incredible detail. Thumbnails are meant to be small, but that Avi. has a "can you see me now?" feel.

About the Sig. I fancy space & deep space exploration. Check out VY Canis Majoris. I simply cannot imagine anything this expansive. Boggles my mind to fathom the possibility objects in our dimension exist at this magnitude.

I remain, :Just_Cuz_21:

I know how you feel about the size of that star.

It being 1.7 billion miles across, it is the largest known star in the universe.

To great for any human mind to work out.

Here is a well-made scale that shows the size of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Star-sizes.jpg

Edited by Sirius

Never noticed this thread before. :P

Sirius: Yep, that's a good one. Really shows how small we all are.

Well, about the matter; Guess I picked up the Stormwing as it kinda suits the theme. RPG'ish name. And also, certain Daniel Stormwing has followed me for about 10 or so years. He's one of my own creations.

Tentative goal is to get at least few novels out sometime. Dunno really when it´s done though... :whistle:

My forum name means nothing at all :BlobRed: ...but I like the way it sounds

Ah, ok. I thought that maybe the name came from a book or film............don't know why I thought that * shrug *

I guess it's easy on the ear.

If you made it up, then you should give me a tip, as I always struggle to make up names for my gaming toons..........and they usually end up with something daft !

Steve. :)

Actually, several years ago when I registered to some forum it came as a temporary password which I had to chande later. I liked it though and adopted it :agreed:

Also, I have a strange way of pronouncing the letter l when a vowel follows it..kind of soft, not quite right :( ..for example "lo" I pronounce like "uo"..

Anyway..it was love at first sight :wub:

Actually, several years ago when I registered to some forum it came as a temporary password which I had to chande later. I liked it though and adopted it :agreed:

Also, I have a strange way of pronouncing the letter l when a vowel follows it..kind of soft, not quite right :( ..for example "lo" I pronounce like "uo"..

Anyway..it was love at first sight :wub:

lol, you fell in lurve with yourself?!

.............Only teasing. :whip:

Language is a fickle master. A lot of words 'sound' different to how they look.............if you know what I mean ?