You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy

gogoblender

Hey guys, that's Anthony Hopkins as Odin...doesn't he look awesome? Sick makeup...the guy looks fit, like he could easily throw Thor around. I'm pretty sure Thor gets his hammer back...all about the smack down. For this, I won't hold back on a dime, I'm gonna go all out...Furian, popcorn's not enough...this is looking for super ulltra DBX

I cast you out!

:viking:

gogo

Geez, Gogo, you had worried at first that my girlfriend had been talking about me again!

Hadn't seen the full trailer (just a teaser before now)... this looks good. Can't wait for them to finally get all the Avengers introduced and have a good joint movie.

Geez, Gogo, you had worried at first that my girlfriend had been talking about me again!

She has, and that was the only bit of her tale that could be posted ! :whistle:

There are a few movies going around, but who has time these days !?

Steve.

lol you guys

Hope I'm not getting anyone into trouble here :whistle:

I have watched this video a multtude of times now. I'm a sucker for genius sound editing. Surely someone here is as fixated upon the double thump of awesomeness that issues forth in blasting sound as Thor is cast out of Valhalla...

watch it again and see

Sound addicts click upon that play button!

:)

gogo

Seen the trailer, and this is definitely one of the movies I want to watch. I mean, it's Thor, so it's a must see for me. :D Then it's Captain America, and then we wait for The Avengers. =3

There is a long string of avengers, so, I think we're looking to be plenty entertained for the next wee while...and of course...there will always be remakes right ?

And...most importantly.. Finally figgered out why I love that double sound of power when he's jettisoned form valhalla... anyone here remember the sounds of the warp cores being ejected from the last Enterprise movie?

Do I get a gold star?

:D

gogo

Plus you already made some beef. >>;

I did!~

:bounce:

And...here is that amazing scene from the Star Trek movie when the warp cores are jettisoned.... you'll see it matches almost exactly the sound of Thor's banishment.

bg4lxj.jpg

gogo

I did!~

:bounce:

And...here is that amazing scene from the Star Trek movie when the warp cores are jettisoned.... you'll see it matches almost exactly the sound of Thor's banishment.

bg4lxj.jpg

gogo

How can I forget? :D While there were some things I find wrong with the redesigned Enterprise, the warp core and the ejection scene are one of the good parts of the ship and the movie as a whole. ^^

As far as Marvel movie trailers go, so far, only the X-Men: First Class trailer I like more mainly for its music. =3 Still, I will definitely be watching Thor before I bother with X-Men.

• 2 months later...

We just saw Thor last night, me, my cousin, Schot.

JUST AWESOME.

We were bubbling with childish, glee-filled enthusiasm after the movie finished playing, jabbering away, saying over and over, just how just how sheer epic this movie was, with people clapping in the theater. I just wanted to go buy another ticket to see my favorite scenes over and over. This is the movie that has finally gotten flying down decent. Super man, Matrix...meh. Thor's got it right, and the Bifrost bridge scenes that span the universe from world to world must be seen. Roaring and fast, when our heroes are flung along through this vortex, the distortion and impression of power has just got to be seen to be believed.

Course, we saw it in 3d, and I was surprised when I noticed that the effect I liked the most was simply when The Destroyer, sent to Earth to punish Thor and who has a furnace inside his head, fires white hot panels of light that can explode cars and blow apart strip malls (not such a bad idea) while making the loudest noise that just seems right I"ve heard in long time within a Cinema.

I was actually prepared to dislike Chris Hemsworth who plays our Asgardian hero, but he has found a good, fair place to act from, and all three of us found his humorous quips throughout the film refreshing rather than annoying.

The battle scenes, all of them, are pretty much epic.

Top notch effects, huge ThooOOming noises as the hammer hits. This is the hammer we've all wanted to see as kids, and with the unprecedented level of detail given to the creation of the Jotunheim ice giants with blue skins, menacing features and red, glowing eyes, they have created the perfect enemy target for this weapon's justice.

Yes Thor delivers

gogo

Meh. I can wait for this one... being a comic fan in my teens/twenties I never really read Thor, and the encounters I had with him (mostly thru the Avengers) he never resonated with me.

Not to argue too much, but IMO, Hancock got "flying right". Birds! Planes! Signs on the highway... Look out! :)

Even though not a Thor fan, I ended up watching it anyways, thanks to the hype that was the upcoming Avengers movie and the teasers from the Iron Man films. My reaction to this: MORE action! >=3 It was fun watching Thor, with or without powers, beat the living crap out of anything in his way, though definitely moreso when he's got Mjolnir in hand, and some of those fights just felt so... 'short'. Or maybe I just crave for more violence. ^^