Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

I take what ever the special is today in the bar , the liquid special that is. Not only am I sick with a BAD cold that makes it hard for me to breathe (asthma and colds dont always get along) But I have to go to an IEP (ind education plan) mtg for my elder son as the school didnt follow the 504 plan they drafted in may. *sigh* its going to be an ever so "Fun" mtg with the school. My eldest has aspergers whcih means he sucks at peer relations and has no organziational skills. On top of that he has adhd so his attention span is about the size of a gnat. And the school has basically done Nothing to help him this year.... Not even what they promised to do in thier own plan. Poor kid is getting bullied and harrased at school.

This goes along with my youngests IEP problems. He has aparaxia which is a speech delay. So he needs speech therapy. The school pays for some of his time at preschool so that they can provided the therapy in that environment. The daycare/preschool KNEW he was speech delayed. Yet I still keep hearing comments about how he grabs and such and has a communication problem, well gee if you cant talk much no I guess you arent going to politely ask for that toy to play with you are just going to grab it. Oh and he was in a home based daycare for most of his life (started at 6mo, he is now 3) so going from somewhere where there might be 3 kids to a room with 10-15 might also bring some adjustment issues huh? And how many well behaved 3 years olds are there that always ask, never run and always listen to the adults and do what they tell them the 1st time? Not many in REAL life I suspect. But needless to say getting ambushed by the centers director with the constant, your son did this, you need to call the school to change the plan, etc... comments and NEVER a comment about something positive he did that day is wearing me down real quick. *sigh*

I know every country's school systems have problems but I think I'd like to try another countries problems on for size since the US school systems problems dont seem like a good fit for my family.

Oh and hubby has to work tommorrow. He works for a major retailer who is having thier "biggest sale of the year" on sat so all employees have to work, even the receiving mgr (hubby).... *sigh* so I get to spend 9 hours with my "darling" children.... *sigh* I think they are getting dramamine in thier breakfast.

Oh and Vampie *hugs* on having to work. I may end up working on my birthday this year too. To make up for all the time off I have taken to deal with my sons school issues... *sigh* So lets meet up in the bar this weekend to have some baileys *G* okay?

Ill take a very large coffee as well! Its cold this morning! Hugs to you Undone :hugs:

Hopeing next week will be better, too many things are breaking atm and it sucks not having the help to get them fixed.. Ah hell Time to pull out the rasp voddie tonight..

Yay! Installed all the stuff for my PC as you can see in the goodies thread!

Now I only have to vacuum and do a bit of dusting and my room is done as well, and I can go to work at 17:00.

Some Mint tea please...

Edited by Timotheus

More... Whisky...

I've just been fretting for ages over my horribly wrong calculations for a fluid mech lab...

I'd been using the error in the square of the jet speed in a calculation instead of the square of the jet speed :/

I am a true Excel amature.

Coffe and toast for you claire :)

Im hungry, can you order food also? .... im craving for some pie... hmm ...apple pie even. I want a latte to go with that :bow:

Sunday and I need to work some ...sigh

Howdys! I'd like a nice sweet coffee myself and oh am I craving a big breakfast ! Eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast... Would someone make it for me:) hehehe (Tastes so much better when someone else makes it! :))

wow

It's been a long time since I've had a reallly good breakfast like that :bow: Makes me think I deserve one too!

lol, we need to hire a breakfast chef with cool thingys like fried taters, fried eggs...fried coffee?

:)

gogo

Enci, Oh You have to share the rest of the story! I do love a good mosh pit! :) Where were you?

Then you’d have loved this one :P

brief account:

Monday night, six bands playing, neofolk and folk metal. First 5 were more on the “meh” side, last playing was Korpiklaani, the reason we actually went there. For those not familiar with the band, they play the most fun drinking music ever.

So the place was completely full, exactly like sardines and at the same moment the band started playing the whole place turned into one big moshing pit. :unsure: No small circle pits, just the whole room moshing. Im a regular concert goer, but things like this Ive only seen on videos of old thrash gigs. It looked like Bay Area in ’86. :P It got pretty violent at some points, couple of bruises and an elbow in my face from a guy thrice of my weight wearing a chainmail. Ouch. But it was still great fun until somewhere around the third song some ******* idiot beside me went Chuck Norris and attempted to do a roundhouse kick. He ****** kicked me on my side. And ofc he was wearing steel toe boots. I spent the rest of the show grabbing the bar trying to breathe again. I couldn’t even leave cause I had to wait for the others. Arggghhh

I'm still completely piffed off, it ruined an otherwise awesome gig. I know the guys didn’t mean to kick me but still ... he was a complete moron. Even if I expect to get hurt at concerts. I mean I know I’m not going to the opera, I expect to get hurt. But not like this. It still hurts like hell.

Thanks god Korpiklaani is a regular visitor here. for the next time I may get a chainmail. Or a full suit or armor :o

Enough of my ramblings

*enci gets thrown out of the bar for talking too much instead of drinking*

*cough* I know I haven't been here in awhile, so thats my excuse for qouting this from 2 pages ago :P

You went to see Korpiklaani! Lucky.... but my gods, CHAINMAIL!?

That is pretty extreme....

:o

~Doom

Well, its a pretty common wear here, you always see a couple of guys sporting in chainmail at shows of folk or folk influenced metal bands. And also at traditional heavy, power metal concerts. Yknow, for the metal warrior look :4rofl:

[...] Even if I expect to get hurt at concerts. I mean I know I’m not going to the opera, I expect to get hurt. [...]

:oooo: Remind me to say no if you ever ask me to join for a concert enci :sigh: . Ouch ... I need something strong me thinks.

*lines 'em up*

Cleaned my amplifier and it works like a charm now :oooo: so that means I only need to be on the look out for a cheap dvd player to finally be able to listen to my music without my PC running lol. Oh and some speaker stands are needed too. :sigh:

Hmm I'll get a cup of the dark gold myself, gonna do some more re-organizing today and not looking forward to it!

Oh, How about a nice hard drink and a babysitter for an hour or two? Had to pick up my son from school, he didnt feel well enough to ride the bus home so the timeing worked out that we followed his bus all the way home anyway.. sigh. Its just hard being on the stress clock 24/7 with no down time. I know as soon as my stress level drops Ill catch one heck of a cold.. so I guess its a good thing? :):viking:

It snowed today.. our first evil snow.. Have to keep the mantra runing through my head.. *spring will come, spring will come*