I nabbed it from a site that an alliance mate pointed me towards (suggesting I'd like a different wallpaper, which I didn't :D )... wish I could take credit for that photo, but, alas.

Ah I do appreciate the view of a beautiful acoustic! (Ive seen that perspective myself many times in checking to see if my action was right after changing strings, mines just black though, that ones MUCH prettier! :P

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I went and double checked and Im about 99% posititive thats a Gibson Epiphone acoustic/electric. I do love Gibson! :D I ran and grabbed mine.. has the same bridge and pegs :P

• 2 months later...

Took a few pics of my new guitar with our new camera, and converted one to my new desktop (with a little help making the vignette from Kel)... Yeah, I've been stuck on an instrument theme the past couple desktops :lol: (I didn't post my last one here, it was a macro of a Jazz Bass headstock)

JanDesktop1.jpg

and the 2nd monitor:

JanDesktop2.jpg

straight up beautiful piece. great looking pic too. I had a bunch of pictures of my drumkits on my desktop and my facebook... but none of them look quite that good. I wish I could get a pic of my drums to look like that (peavey idk what model it is but its my first kit from when I was a kid =P, 2 gretsch blackhawk EXs... the good kind =D, and an old pearl kit, if anyone was wondering) what specs does the camera have? mine always come out grainy,... but then again, I have a 4 year old camera lol

thanks, and again, beautiful instrument

-Total

That's my desktop on my work PC... apparently the guys think I look like mclovin... except I weigh like 60 lbs more than him and have facial hair... (most of the time)

And yes I have opera, firefox, and IE open all at the same time.

-Total

Edited by Totalimmortal
why is that? Are you a web page coder or something?

actually, I have written some HTML/XML in my day... but actually no. I am just trying to figure out which browser I like the best... so far the poll is: Opera, Firefox, and IE coming in Dead Last. opera is really quick =D and I like widgets.

-Total

you DO look like mclovin!

lol my sarge just started calling me McLovin today because he saw the movie last night... wait till next time he uses his axe deoderant spray and finds out someone 'misplaced' their mace can =P... I have a funny feeling that that prank mighta taken it a bit too far though =/

-Total

straight up beautiful piece. great looking pic too. I had a bunch of pictures of my drumkits on my desktop and my facebook... but none of them look quite that good. I wish I could get a pic of my drums to look like that (peavey idk what model it is but its my first kit from when I was a kid =P, 2 gretsch blackhawk EXs... the good kind =D, and an old pearl kit, if anyone was wondering) what specs does the camera have? mine always come out grainy,... but then again, I have a 4 year old camera lol

thanks, and again, beautiful instrument

-Total

The camera is a Nikon d80, and I think by the time I got to that shot, I was using the 50mm Nikkor AF/S lens (otherwise it was the 18-135mm kit lens)... actually, according to the file information, it was the 50mm, F4.5, 1/25 exposure, and I think at 1/16 flash power (using the built-in flash, we don't have a good flash yet).

The d80 is a 10.2Mpx DSLR packed with lots of nice features... it's been out for about 2 years now, but is still quite nice.

As for your graininess issue, that could be anything from insufficient light, to improper ISO setting (high ISOs, while fast, are grainy) to, possibly, your camera simply has a really low resolution sensor or isn't a brand with very good glass. Our other camera is a couple years old, and is a 4mpx... it will take some rather nice and clear shots, but it's also got good lenses (it's an Olympus and Olympus makes decent glass).

What are you shooting with?

What are you shooting with?

*digs around room* looks like a kodak easyshare from what seems like the year 1890... its like 2 mpx =(... I didnt realize that my cellphone has pretty much better pictures than my camera lol... oh well, guess I should stop bein cheap and buy a new cam...

-Total

Hahaha I got a new camera for Christmas because the one I had been using would produce pictures that looked like the people were pasted onto a fake background! Not very flattering for taking pics of all my little ones so I broke down went to a 4 am black friday sale and got me one. I also am a photo tech so I can sympathize with then fact that half of these new phones take better pictures than the expensive cameras.

Ok, at 2mpx, yeah, it's gonna be grainy :o Kodak makes ok glass, certainly better than "electronics" cameras, but not quite as good as "photographics" cameras (companies that is). Digital cameras are pretty cheap these days, and you can get a pretty good one for under $200. Avoid things like HP and Sony, go for companies that started in film photography; they make cameras as opposed to electronics, if you get my meaning.

The average camera these days will be a 3x optical zoom capable system at 6 or 7 Mpx (way more than most people need), and a 1Gb memory card is like... $25 now (they used to be a couple hundred). Nikon, Canon and Olympus all make good small cameras, but you might be surprised by the quality of Panasonic (they used to make Nikon's small cameras) and Samsung, though Panasonic has rather better lenses than Samsung (they use Leica lenses in many models). Nikon also has an advantage in that they offer a 2yr warranty, while everyone else offers 1yr warranties.

Here's the original image (scaled down) that I made the desktop from. As you can see I did have to make a couple edits in Photoshop :tongue:

heya I just wanted to say I can't see any pbr coded pictures I couldent in the member picture thread either but I experimented a little and if I quoted the pbr pics (did with totals :tongue:)

and changed pbr with img I could see the pics

is this a known ''issue'' if it is I want eeeeeeeeeeeevrybody to post img :o

edit: bad spell mistake

Edited by Erling

photography-wise, in school photo classes, I shot with a nikon (I forget the specs that was like 5 years ago) and thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the pictures (despite being pure awful at developing them). I am poor now, but hopefully one day soon after I win a bazillion dollars from the lottery, I will get myself a nice camera with legitimate picture-taking quality

-Total

Oh beautiful ones everyone! :P

I just recently updated mine as well, I just fell in love with this pic :)

I simply don't remember but could anyone help me make the text on the icons transparent? (Win xp) Those blocks of color are just messing up the harmony of my desk! :):lol:

newdesk.jpg

I simply don't remember but could anyone help me make the text on the icons transparent? (Win xp) Those blocks of color are just messing up the harmony of my desk! :):Just_Cuz_12:

Control Panel, Advanced tab, Performance, Settings. Enable “Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop”

And my new desktop

1199618023437.jpg

Oh beautiful ones everyone!

I just recently updated mine as well, I just fell in love with this pic

I simply don't remember but could anyone help me make the text on the icons transparent? (Win xp) Those blocks of color are just messing up the harmony of my desk!

Put it back to windows xp style, you have it in windows classic

Mine

Desktop2.jpg

:)

~Doom