Team speak does dark matters have a channel

Heya Evil

I moved this to the Forum feedback section so that we could maybe get some input back on your topic. Right now we don't have have an official channel per se, because Sacred, at least for me, has always been pretty decent without any sort of audio channel. I kinda actually like just using keyboard too :oooo:

However, I guess we're always open to getting a channel and using it if anyone showed any interest. Sacred and Sacred 2 are our first "real" games and further down the line when we start doing pvp clan etc, the audio inclusion will, of course, provide with some great tactical use.

:P

gogo

Its just a thought. Granted there are advantages and dis-advatages to it but I remember that the members of guild medeivel had a blast using it

I used to use it a ton in GW lol, at least with Schot, and I'm sure I can get excited about using it again in high pressure situations regarding sacred...

And I'm sure we're gonna have to use it in Sacred 2!

:oooo:

gogo

Oh Its great fun! (I've been trying to get a setup for WL that everyone will use and haven't been very successful) But the few times Ive been able to get a few, It was a blast! I even set up a Vent server on my husbands game server.

(I also had a bad experience of DWT "dying while typing" so that was my motivation!)

(I also had a bad experience of DWT "dying while typing" so that was my motivation!)

lol, Ahh, ari, you must have been so scared! This would be one main reason for me to use it!

:oooo:

gogo

Its not the fact of being scared in plus I found my self in plenty hairy places and was able to call for help while playing hardcore of course but hey then again I probably shouldnt have been where I was either lol total lack of respect for my toons lol putting them in dangers way but like I say go big or go home

hahah Its funny now, Wasn't so much then, I was trying to type to Griff to jump to me cause he was in trouble and I was the one who ended up biting it! Oh well! :oooo:

DWT - interesting acronym. I've learned not to do that - sort of. And my recent episode, teamspeak would ot have helped. A level 90+ asked me to party this morning - usually it's because they're on island and dropping when you're only 34. So I accepted and jumped -- right into mid90 pirates. Hit enter to query the player, but got smacked by a pirate to within a hair of death.

Nearly died twice this way before I could quit the game.

Besides, with instantaneous vocalization, you can't edit your message before sending it. Think I'd lose a lot of friends that way. I'll pass, thanks.

lol, I got tired of yelling all the time. I have to admit that at first I thought this was going to be awesome but... As far as making things easier for me and gogo communicating I thought it was great. But for talking to everyone else I thought it was really really terrible. For one thing there is the occassional distortion which means you end up having to ask someone to repeat themselves several times sometimes. And when it's a punchline that gets garbled it really spoils the fun.

Then there is the imagination factor. Only after acquiring the ability to speak to people I regularly play with did I learn that I had actually created an image of them based on their typing skills. Much like you would develope a relationship based on how well a person speaks. This I think might have a lot to do with what gial was getting at above. It's very different. Type chatting to someone vs. talking to someone. I think type chatting allows for a lot more because of the ability, and time, to be able to edit/craft your words.

And one other MAJOR prob I had with the talking bit was the silence. When it was silent.... It was reeeeaaallly silent, haha. I don't know. Just kinda wierd.

I'm totally sharing gials perspective here. I'll pass too. I am of course open to giving it another try but I'm doubtful I'll like it any better a second time around...

The very worst Thing, next to gial's and Schot's Points...

Echo! Echo! Echo! Echo! Echo!

When People just aren't able to use Headphones instead of Boxes...

And then.. you hear every of your own Words a Second later.

In that Situation I need about two Minutes for a simple 10s-Sentence.

That always seems so ultra-stupid :drunkards:

But hey.. it can be Fun. You can talk about anything, while Playing, are still connected to another, when the Game crashes etc.

HoPE (my ger Clan) has Team Speak, and it's very coool to talk with my Peeps (but Sacred and the World), it's easy to help someone.. maybe with some Tips or Hints for anything.. Even when playing in different Difficulties.

So.. Teamspeak isn't that bad. Just htat english-Thing could be a little Bit difficult ..at least for me.. because I suck in speaking, just can write it (a Bit) :yay:

Nah I think its a good discussion we have going on.

About the silent, maybe its a westerner thing. I have had no problem with a pause in conversation, but I quickly learned in the US that such pauses are intolerable. I wonder y?

I mean isn't it natural that you simply can't talk forever? :drunkards:

I tried team speak with plus but I don't know if it was my pc at the time but oh it was a terrible sound so then we tried Skype which worked a lot better but I do know people did say it made their system laggy. I think it's always good to explore all the options Evil so it's never a bad idea :4rofl:

I was just thinking about it is all and I know I use it with my army buddies for counter strike and rainbow 6

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play sacred (yet), but I do thing team speak will be a plus. I recently started playing Starcraft with some friends and we use one (Skype if it matters), and it makes it much more team game.

@Gogo and Schot: a friend of mine and I used yelling once playing Free Lancer, and a house-mate came out of his room yelling at us (it was 3 am, and we both had our music turned on, so we had to shout really loud :) )

ps: Skype really slows the connection, so if you need a really good one for Sacred, don't use it. :sick:

Hi :drool:

I think I will pass speaking too :)

I you would hear my incomprehensible mumnling you would understand what I mean :hugs:

I have used teamspeak and vent in diablo but most likely would pass up the opportunity to use it again.

For me it was a distraction, sometimes we would end up sitting in town and just chatting, which is great but can be off putting to others on the same channel.

Not all players in Sacred obviously would be connected if we had our own channel, so would be pointless unless it was a tournament like kamikazee and with 16 ppl online, it would be confusing if everyone was trying to talk at once. More dying than communicating in that case.

I love the illusion and mystery behind keyboard personalities.

When I used it for GW, I always had a channel for people to hang out and just BS,

also if we were running multiple quests, I'd just create a room for those in just in that Q.

If they really needed to speak to me then they could pm me and I'd jump channels.

I really enjoyed using it, and thou the echo thing could be a pain,

I was able to get it to quit after a messing with the setting a bit.

Besides it so much easier to make fun of one another this way. Wink1.gif

....Well, of course after you got to know each other.LOL