Hi guys and gals!

Well My computer just bit the big one, it wont do a darn thing, I hope it simply overheated and will come back... Ive had one cruddy day here.. I hope to get it back soon, so Ive had to hop our other system temp to check forums stuff... But that is why may not be around as much as usual... off to go cry now... :)

wish me luck!

oh, Ari, nooooooooooooooo!

Big hugs for you! Man, I'm always terrified of that kind of thing happening to me regarding my comp and the few times it does partially frizz out, I get paranoid. I hope you get yours better soon and can come back and energize us again soon.

Good luck!

:hugs:

gogo

Achk! Oh Ari. I really hope it's nothing serious. :P We're here for you though. If you want help on the problem let us know here. I'm sure with the community we have here we could help you at least find out whats going wrong and maybe even fix it.

Must bring Ari back. We need you! :hugs:

Thank you guys!!

I hope its not all as fatal as it could be.. I think my video card fried. Got down on the floor and turned it on.. can hear the drives ramping up and various clickings.. but no Evil Beeps of doom.. big plus there... Just no signal to the monitor.. tried a second monitor and no signal there either.. I may simply switch out my system with my sons. His is as good (If not better) than mine LOL. He hasnt been able to play his at the moment anyway: He spilled juice on the keyboard (that was actually funny, he said just a little went on it.. I picked it up and it POURED out!) Anyway.. Ill try that here in a bit... And Sacred is already installed on it :hugs: So there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel I hope!

My whole comp "died" once, it turned out to be a faulty power cable, so my first advice would be to check stuff like that.

Also hope it isn't serious!

:hugs:

~Doom

Glad to know you have a backup Ari. :hugs:

Out of curiosity. Did you try and start your pc in safe mode? That should bypass the vid card and get you into your pc if it in fact a vid card prob. On my pc I start safe mode by pushing F8 key at the appropriate time during startup. From there you should get a list of options. One of which would be safe mode. The right time to push F8 on my pc looks like this:

blipp.gif

Good luck!.

Awwhh, Ari, that's too bad, now we can't have "us" time in sacred anymore... well, we won't have the time to play together that's what I meant :hugs:

I do hope to see yous oon, I don't have much brains in computer hardware and so on (I have connections) so I'm sorry I can't help you on that but I'll push a little bit of my luck to you ^^

Sylph.. no, for you, Jasper

wow2.gif

Sorry to hear that Ari! You don't have on-board graphics? Otherwise you could try plugging in to that one. Anyway afaik there's a few things you could check, you should listen closely whether you could be able to hear some rambling (probably a totally wrong translation) going on from hd, a check for warmth on it/them will do too, and also feel the heatsink on your proc (If it's hot, cpu is working :D).

*LUCK! LUUUUCCCKK!*

Alrighty! Plan B seems to be working, I have my sons computer (for now ) :P He has grasiously let me borrow it until my other can be fixed! Ill know more tomorrow hopefully on what exactly went wrong and if anything is still under warrenty (It a custom build from maybe 4 months ago)

Woohoo! Ok Off to install all my goodies now! I need my firefox, yahoo, xfire, etc etc.. god I run a lot of crap on here LOL I think the biggest loss for me though is my music collection, no tunage while in game, but I think Ill live! :D

and thank you, You all made my day in the supportive words and encouragement.. :D

OH And I can play Sacred tonight! WoohooO!

My heart bleeds for you kid. I know the feeling only too well. But even if you have to replace most of the innards, parts are so cheap these days its unbelievable, and it is quickly done.

You seem to be keeping in touch well. That's something.

Ari sorry to see this happen to your PC hope it gets fixed fast. We are here for you. :)

And thank you for posting it in the general area the last time something like this happend a nother memeber of this forum chose to post it in the RL area and to make it worst give it such a strong title and opening post that I was preparing to write something totaly diffenert when I finaly saw that it was only a broken PC.

He was sooooo bad :o

:) I see what you mean! Oh Thank You for the big giggle there!! :o

I knew it would thats why I posted the link. The forum is full with the adventures of Gogo and Schot. When I really need a big smile on my face I always read one of there RL Soap Operas. They never let me down.

Thanks guys and heres to many more. :D

:4rofl:

Well after all my melodramatics and panic :D It turned out it was just a stick of memory! Woohoo! Ive burned through alot of memory (as well as every other part that can go) in the last few years and hadn't seen it freeze a system quite like this before :evil: SO all is well, I'm a gig down but I can always add more in the future! :)

Ah Sigh! I'm going in to play here in a bit, I have this urge to play for some reason... not quite sure why... :oooo:

Now, I'm not going to say my comp is fixed or its not.. :4rofl:

Im superstitious and every time Ive said its fixed in the past.. it would break again.. Or if I said it was broken.. it would magically work... The fates love to mess with me, So Im not going to say it in any way... :)

Google Memcheck software

Just as a heads up you should get one of the free memory checker software packages from google, they should fit on a floppy and can save you tons of time diagnosing memory problems. Also make sure that when you upgrade your memory in the future that you match the exact type of ram you have now, because your system can do one of two things: either destroy one of the sticks (or more) or only run as fast as the slowest stick of ram you have. Just a suggestion based on my experience with the custom comps I have built.

--Russ

Edited by CompEngRJH

I'm fast approaching that time to replace this beige box of doom and dust bunnies! This one will no doubt get passed to the kids muwahaha but what do I get this is the question! I haven't the head to even begin to think to build one...I admire all of you that do build your own!