Well it is lunchtime at work and just wondering how cold it is today for us in Sydney, which then lead me to check some other weather conditions of members in here.

Keep in mind we are in Winter and Montreal and London are in Summer (also just putting in the highs for the day)

Sydney Montreal London

Friday 61f 75f 66f

Saturday 61f 65f 65f

Sunday 61f 66f 67f

Monday 64f 72f 66f

Tuesday 67f 71f 67f

Wednesday 68f 75f 69f

Here we are rugged up with coats and scarves, I guess what I am wondering about is whether you consider your temperatures to be hot, warm or coolish for this time of year.

Im near Minneapolis MN, USA and we've been in the low 90's F. Ugh, and humid, too. I call it hot.

Don't call it cold though, until about 10 F When I moved here from California, I thought frozen water -- ice -- was cold at 32F. I now know better. 32F in March is shirtsleeve weather.

Really cold here !!

It snowed yesterday here in Johannesburg for the first time in over 2 decades !! The aircon in the office blows out 49% cold and 51% luke-warm air... everytime the door opens I have to go through a defrost period in front of the 51% luke-warm side !! If you only knew how often I'm using backspace typing this ! cold.gif

Snowed in J'Burg :bow: OMG thats got to be a sight!...how much did you get Scleameth?

Funki, for me I think the weather seems to be totally upside down although the temps down south (London) seem to be average. Up here (North) we have had temps as low as 5 or 6 c then again as you know it's mad up here atm. Today is 16c which is coldish for this time of year even here LOL Last year though we had a horribly hot summer (I don't do sunshine, it burnssss usss) iirc temps hit around 35+ with a few exceptions of around 38c

I know Ivan and Dicknail have both hit temps of 40+ :P I am thinking this is an exceptional year for screwy weather but then again maybe it just feels like it if you know what I mean.

Snow : By the time I got to work it looked more like patches of ice... My boss says that his daughter gathered enough snow to make a snow ball :bow: , but people called in on radio that actually made snow men at 3 in the morning...

When I was a kid and it snowed (back in 1981 I think) it snowed about 2 inches. And that's the only other time I've seen snow...

Wow Scleameth, snow?! In Johannesburg?! :D What a treat!

I think here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, (<---for readers who may not know), we're having pretty normal weather this month. Yesterday was a bit like what you have forcasted for Friday Funkified. 61F/18C. Which in my my books and on a sunny day with that temperature could easily be a shorts and T-shirt day. But good god?! Coats and scarves?! Amazing!

For me 30C/86F is "Ok. Not having fun anymore... Where's mah A/C." Around 36C/96F and above the entire city is pretty much saying the same as me with warnings all over the place.

On the other extreme and in our winter -20C/-4F would be a cold winters day but during our coldest winter periods it can get to a painfully cold temperature of -30C/-22F and even lower with a wind chill factor. Brrrrrrr!

Hmm For me, In central Vermont, Its only really cold when its below zero/-18c? We count anything above freezing warm :D Although in the Fall temps in the 50sf /10c feels chilly. So it really depends on the season we are hitting at the time.

hehe, great thread. We're actually now getting some pleasant weather. Almost like fall, with some wind, sunny and rather dry. We just had a crazy storm last night with tons of heavy rain, boooming thunder and lightning. Scary, but always making it through is always a good thing.

:hugs:

gogo

Hmm For me, In central Vermont, Its only really cold when its below zero/-18c? We count anything above freezing warm :bow: Although in the Fall temps in the 50sf /10c feels chilly. So it really depends on the season we are hitting at the time.

I hear you Ari - Feb/Mar 15 F (-10 or so C) and its time to go out side in shortsleeves, but in Oct it seems colder.

My grandfather lived in E. Orange VT when I was a kid. Best summer ever was on his farm when I was 8 yrs old; apple picking, berry picking, swim in the Ct river. Vermont is really a fantastic place. :hugs: We even made it up to Montreal 1 weekend, but gogo and Schot weren't home. (Was 1963)

Well with the temperatures in the 60's we have the heating, coats, jumpers and scarves all on. I can't imagine how we would cope with a winter in low teens.

It was just something I thought was unusual when checking the temps around the world that they were similar, yet what we perceive is vastly different in warmth.

It's been rainning here recently, but today it's nicely warm +17C. I hope the weather gets even better when my summer vacation starts.

Just came mind one story that happened some years ago. It was winter time here in Finland.. normal around -20C temp and we were going to Creek. It was funny to see locals were shaking because it was "chilly" for them.. and actually it was +20C in there and that whas on late evening. We were like "aaah, it's so warm in here" :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Well Today will pose to be interesting, We have a huge storm that will be hitting us today, and as usual it has me nervous. In Vermont we really dont get anything more severe than a blizzard, and maybe the stray leftovers of a hurricane but nothing overly serious. But the last month we have had two major thunderstorm cells go through with hail (The first Ive ever seen in my life, I took pics and have some frozen in the freezer LOL)

Anyway, what has me nervous is they are calling for inch and a half sized hail, so that would be golf ball sized.. Its coming in now so Im off my computer for a while.. just wish us luck and that the storm will pass without bad things happening :4rofl: Ill be sure to get pics to share I hope!

Ahh, interseting Ari, right now we're actually going through a rather huge downpour, I"m wondering if this is the castoffs of what you're getting.

Be careful if you take pictures of hailstorms okay? Some of them can get pretty downright nasty.

Socorro%20Hailstorm%205%20Oct%202004.jpg

:4rofl:

gogo

Sigh.. they have passed by me with no hail!! Woohoo! For me its scary but exciting too, Don't want the damage, but watching it fall is amazing. hahaha I would probably be a storm chaser had I lived out west! LOL Anyway so far so good here! Yup Gogo, Those you got were the tail ends of these. Oh I had the radio on listening to the local station and they said there was even a tornado at one point.... It didn't touch the ground but thats all I heard through the static (There was so much lightning interference it was Very hard to hear the full story)

Here our first hail storm.. LOL Oh They are not as dramatic as those there.. but it was big for me cause it was my first one :4rofl:

Picture060.jpgPicture052.jpg

My neighbors garden looked like it snowed!

Picture050.jpg

Edited by Ari'Laftia

Thank you! :4rofl:

Hope there is no more today! :4rofl:

Well we are getting pounded, Just had another go through that Had hail but the lightning was hitting so close, instant thunder.. Oh the thunder! It sounded like a jet was sitting overhead running full throttle, the lighting was hitting so constantly and fast that there was no breaks in sound.. I thought we were going to have a tornado. I am so proud of my 6 year old son though.. He wasnt scared and was a little rock! Ok Heres to hope there are NO MORE tonight! LOL

Edited by Ari'Laftia

For Indy :3lmao:

°F = (( °C × 9 ) / 5 ) + 32 and °C = ( °F - 32 ) × 5 / 9

Well, our Weather truly sucks.. Summer Beginning was about two Weeks ago.

And since then we had Rain, strong Wind and Temperatures around 17°C (64°F).

Hell.. it's meant to be Summer! :4rofl:

I hear you guys

Most of the time here lately, its' been cold, rainy....oh yeah and then cold.

Who stole summer

gogo

I did! I did! :3lmao:

Just kidding! Here the extremes are over, but it is still pretty hot, really hot. I don't mind it, except when I sweat before a date :P

Generally about the weather, I live in Boston and Sofia and the weather in the two cities is pretty much the same (except the freezing winter breeze in Boston). Ave. min -5 (25) in the winter, ave. max +30 (85). All four seasons, snowy winters and sunny summers :3lmao:. Though this year the weather is warmer that usual (guess why :P( ).

-dn

I hear you guys

Most of the time here lately, its' been cold, rainy....oh yeah and then cold.

Who stole summer

gogo

Still hot here. :3lmao:

35C or more. >_>

Though it's probably better than having a huge amount of rain everyday (like it was last year).

@therion :P Still confusess me. Too hard to remember. :3lmao: