The last time you got a cold was?

For me, 8 months ago. Cool huh? Those chips and fizzy drinks must sher be doin a body good.

You guys?

You prone to a lot of colds?

Gotta love summer though, for me it's perfect. Any colds I usually do get make their presence well known during the grey months here in montreal. I'm sittin good here in july and know I have another two months of pure coldless, sniffle-less life to make way with.

Woot!

:P

gogo

About 4 weeks ago, woke up with it on a friday morning absolutely whacked out with a cold, had to work (stayed in my office so not to spread the love ... lol I am kind like that :P and spent the weekend in bed.

So far haven't been hit with the flu and we are half way thru winter, a cold is ok but a flu is just :lol:

I don't think I've ever had the flu. Crossing my fingers here. It sounds awful, and all that vomtting and stuff...I'm so sorry for anyone that does get that. Not to say that I haven't had my share of colds though. As a kid I was one of those yucky, rheumy babies that always had a drip and just liked to yell. Man, do we ever appreciate our parents now huh :lol:

Ahh, Therion...yer just a lucky guy huh?

You must have Karma coming out yer pores!

gogo

Awww Myles, hope you feel better fast! :lol:

Therion lol thats seriously healthy! and very lucky you don't succumb to those pesky germs! I'm with you on having the heating off in your room though that really helps I think.

Funki.....keep that flu away you got half way through winter....fingers crossed for the rest of it :D

I can't remember actually when I last had a cold...lol...it's a while I think but I have kids and ugh they bring home all sorts of ikky bugs from school which seems to be something they like to share :P pesky schools. We went from living in a house with the only heating being real fires to a centrally heated house and I swear this vile central heating just dries up the air fast and helps those ikky germs...lol...I have no proof of this just seems to me that's what happens!

Claire, that's awesome...yer lucky to have such a great immune system too. My mom's the same way. Years since she had colds. And when she does have one it's the sniffles for one day and that's it.

Me, on the other hand...sneezing, wheezing, dripping...

It's a quick run to the pharmacy and a speedy attempt to get my hands on any shot gun remedy they have.

Speaking of which...here's THE number one WORST cough medicine in the world.

Buckleys.jpg

ONe hundred percent Canadian and bad to the bone.

I guarantee it

Like drinking drinking cat pee and amonia all at once.

gogo

It's been awhile since I had a cold. I get a lot of infections, but nothing as mundane as the common cold. I once had a throat infection that made the doctor nearly run out of the room.

Of course there are my.....uh....mental problems. But that is beyond the scope of this thread.

Over a year ago.. I normaly doesn't get ill at all. Still, I remember that I got few times cold during my army time, just because bodys natural resistances lowers when you are pushed over your physical condition limits. lol, did that make any sense..

Last time was around new year I think. I don't get colds that often, probably just a couple of times a year. Longest period without a cold was a year and a half I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Great...

So I just caught a cold, in plain summer!! There are 40C outside and I caugt a cold.

What the... !!

I'm telling you Canada is to blame. >_>

(my mom went to Canada and came back with a cold so go figure)

:D

Ah back this spring I must have caught 3 different colds from my son, in one month. lmao! There was alot of colds going around his school and like a good little boy he brought every one home for mommy! :P Normally I get sick maybe once a year, so Im crossing my fingers that thats it for this year.

I haven't had a cold in over 3 or 4 years. I also haven't had the flu since I was about 8 years old. I've been really lucky I guess. I sorta attribute it to the fact that I work in a pharmacy so I get little doses of everything out there but not enough to get sick, just enough to build immunity. Either that or it's because I touch antibiotics all day long so some of them get absorbed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I woke up during the night feeling all revolting, now it's shivvers, banging head sneezing and all that gunk (lol sounding like one of Marge Simpson's sisters) but worse than all that is the fact I have to go buy the kids new school uniforms for tuesday :(

Why oh why can't I wake up feeling vile tomorrow (or not at all LOL) and not today it's going to be horrible uniform shopping let alone feeling like this :( So I am making me a cure on the stove...this will either kill me or at least get me into the city and back :4rofl:

2 lemons, 2 limes, some honey, some mineral water, ginger (fresh) a couple of evil cloves, a glove of garlic some hot chilli's. I'll strain it all off let it cool and swig it down with a couple of painkillers. Can't add the booze like rum or I'll not be fit to go out of the house :D

Actchoooo!