My first attempt at a cooking flick!

Inspired by a comment gogo made about videoing cooking and also DreDD's wicked Sacred Documentary. It's not a video more a slide show lol

No Idea what this is...I was a touch bored and wanted something spicey that I can reheat for a day or two...you decide for yourselves :D

Give it a clicky :)

The Ingredients were:

Steak

Shallots

Garlic

Fresh Ginger

Chilli's

Paprika

Anchovy sauce

Beef Extract

Tin of chopped toms

Tin of chickpeas

Chicken stock (which I forgot to use)

Mustard powder

Creole spices (ready mixed)

Plain flour

First I sweat off the shallots, ginger and garlic in olive oil. Meanwhile added to some plain flour, salt, pepper and lots of paprika. Diced up the steak and coated it in the flour. It's good for sealing in the flavour and also thickening the sauce as it cooks. Pop the meat in the pan to brown it off, not really to cook just brown and seal. Then I added the chilli's, anchovy sauce (just a splash) it's great in sauces for it's saltiness. Once it's looking browned deglaze the pan with tons of red wine (save some for drinking later). Add in the tin of tomatoes, chickpeas and more chilli's (depends on how hot you like it)

Give it all a mix and cover it and pop into the oven. After an hour or so remove the lid and let it cook down for as long as you like. I was at a loss with what to serve it with so I boiled up some pasta and mixed it all in. Viola, warm and hearty for sure! and it'll be good for a couple of days...gaming food thats fast and yummy (well I think it's yummy) Finish off with some grated parmesan and a glass of vine :gun2:

Photobucket is so easy to use...once you have your album/account opened up and you have uploaded the pictures you want...click on the option up top to Create Remix. It's so easy and user friendly you really can't go wrong from there. If you want one without music etc...you can create a slideshow. It's the first time I have done this and it was amazingly fast and easy :gun2: I'd love to see more if anyone else does any or even a video would be awesome!

Claire, this is one of THE coolest takes on thread presentation I've seen here yet. Good for you! You know, when I first started watching your mini-movie, I was like...it can't be Claire's own place..it looks like a professional cooking studio! And your eye for color and organization when cooking makes the piece even that much more attractive. I love the symmetry of food placements, the way everything is organized when frying all reflections of your style and that much more attractive for all of us, hungry viewers, to feast on. I think it's obvious how much you love this art. Every frame of your work is suffused with passion. I'm thinking that you've started something very cool here for us all to be inspired by. And your choice for this menu item...ahh, beef, glorious beef :)

Gorgeous Claire...let's go FDM Chefs...let's see what else is cooking out there!

:gun2:

gogo

Claire! Wow! Oh and OMG! Haha, I just got to see this a few mins ago and I must say I am HUGELY amazed. And I haven't even tasted the food yet! lol. The pictures are really stunning. That's the first thing I noticed. Did you touch them up? Use really good lighting? Have an uber elite camera maybe? Whatever it is those images look very pro.

Honestly Claire. For a first creation that is absolutely stunning. You should be very very proud of your hard work and I think you've found your calling, haha. Big time kudos me lady! :);)

Oh its simply fantastic!!

I always do better with visual aide with cooking. :) Oh My tummy is rumbling.. must... have... meat....! ;)

Have to watch it again, cant wait to try this!! You did a fantastic job!

heeeeeeeeeee...claire, I've been messing around with that photobucket option...it rocks! Music, border, title templates...all there for creative folks. I'm thinking for pix in Sacred and just about anything it can really breathe in new life.

Great find

:)

gogo

:evil: Cheers everyone :evil:

@ Schot...I just used the auto adjust in PhotoShop and then uploaded them. The camera I use is a Nikon CoolPix 5000 that my Mom gave me when she upgraded. I can't rmember the name of the setting I put it on though LOL