Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I keep going on with quests and NPC pages. The last ones I added are A Growing Danger and Sports Can Be Hazardous to Your Health, and most of the NPCs involved in these quests as well as the other quests I added recently (A new hope chainquest, furs for angar, etc.).

Next one will be Sickle Moon Wool, as I already have its screenshots taken; then I'll move to a another random place in artamark :)

You've put together another beautiful page, "Sports can be hazardous to your health"

...INTENSE,

I just finished watching Munich, where the 11 athletes were killed.

Do you think there's a connection here?

:unsure:

gogo

Uhm... I doubt it has connection as I am a very bad telepath :P

Btw, I've finished the Sickle Moon Wool quest. I have seen somewhere that it was a chain quest, and the Sickle Moon Sheep enemy page at the bestiary says a different quest name, Wild Sheep. Has this quest been changed in the CM patch or these were only mistakes in that page's links? :unsure:

Edited by Zeno

I may eventually get around to helping with some write ups but I'll tend avoid adding pictures unless it is absolutely required because I'm on console (having to take pictures off a tv screen and all). What I am working on in the meantime, on a secondary xbl silver account, is if one can get the Survivalist achievement on Gold difficulty. I can't do this on my main because I didn't think of attempting it and have already gotten the achievement on Silver. This may take a while since I can't farm and trade items to that secondary account. I've started up a SV Shadow Warrior and, once he's ready, rush him through Gold. I'm also considering trying a BFG Seraphim as she will be easier to level up.

-----

*edit* I had a thought, other than Benny's Promise, are there any other quest related "guaranteed drop" items that have +all skills or sockets? I'm wondering because I've come across a lot of people's builds that all point to +all skills in the sockets. I know that I could make a low level shopper for some +1's and +2's, but I'm wondering if there are other options. I've done a quick free world run with a level 28 Seraphim through Bronze and got a level 30 Benny's Promise +1 all skills. (Here is a repeat of information) I've also done a free world run with a level 55 Shadow Warrior through Niob and got a level 60 Benny's Promise +4 all skills. This may be the option I use to get a decent starter shopping suit.

I'm also aware that one can easily get better +all skills jewelry with a shopper character, but I've had a bit of difficulty with maintaining a decent shopping suit so I'm looking for supplemental options.

Edited by snacksmoto

I may eventually get around to helping with some write ups but I'll tend avoid adding pictures unless it is absolutely required because I'm on console (having to take pictures off a tv screen and all).

I started doing quest write-ups when I was still on ps3. I just left the spaces for the pics in the header. I transcribed the the dialogs in the body and logbook entries at the bottom.

Can you just "call" the info from both the separate pages into that one page? This way we can keep the original pages with links to them from the large consolidated page. We can leave links on the consolidated page to the original two pages. I'll look later at doing a page move to preserve contributor history.

:)

gogo

I knocked out another couple parts to the Cursed Forest chain quest. I have 15 out of 21 complete. I also completed another side quest and the Blessed Water SP quest.

Fixed broken links on the character and combat page. Added a link on the console page to link to the experience table.

One question, I noticed some quest use an image of stars for the difficulty and others just have it written out. Would it be better if they all used the same format for this section?

Good question, I agree they should all be the same. I'm tryin to understand where the stars usage is coming from...is that a console thing, or is there star images in the logs for pc as well? Are difficulty levels as well as stars in the PC version?

Can you provide links so that we can compare?

Thanks!

gogo

Good question, I agree they should all be the same. I'm tryin to understand where the stars usage is coming from...is that a console thing, or is there star images in the logs for pc as well? Are difficulty levels as well as stars in the PC version?

Can you provide links so that we can compare?

Thanks!

gogo

You can see any of my recent quest links in this thread to view PC logbook images, they're all with star images. I guess it's the same for console. Anyway, here is a quest page with those star images in the header... Blessed Water

It's really cool, but I doubt it's worth the effort, now that such a big part of quests is already done with the number of stars written like "# stars".

It might be possible (just writing as I'm thinking) some automation to change this, dunno if possible to execute some kind of script to replace anywhere where puts "difficulty: 2 stars" with "difficulty: {{starstemplate|2}}" or whatever should be... probably we'll find some "2 stars" and some "2 star" and "2star" though. :sigh:

Anyway if you guys feel ok to start using these images for new quest writeups, I say no problemo.

Btw, Greedy Rodents quest page finished!

Edited by Zeno

Not all quests have difficulty ratings. The best example is the Campaign Quests. The ones that do have difficulty ratings, have pictures of stars in the log book on the upper right side of the right page. I don't know if the difficulty rating changes with different game difficulty levels or not.

Not all quests have difficulty ratings. The best example is the Campaign Quests. The ones that do have difficulty ratings, have pictures of stars in the log book on the upper right side of the right page. I don't know if the difficulty rating changes with different game difficulty levels or not.

It's only a thought of mine, but game difficulty is tuned by raising/lowering enemy levels and stats, so a quest should have the same difficulty rating in different difficulty levels, don't you think so?

I hope it is that way, if not the difficulty rating in the quest pages will be random, cause I have written (and I guess everybody) quest pages based in silver, gold, platinum and niob levels! :blink:

It's only a thought of mine, but game difficulty is tuned by raising/lowering enemy levels and stats, so a quest should have the same difficulty rating in different difficulty levels, don't you think so?

I hope it is that way, if not the difficulty rating in the quest pages will be random, cause I have written (and I guess everybody) quest pages based in silver, gold, platinum and niob levels! :blink:

I started my game over and am typing in logs as I go through on silver level. So far the stars are matched up from Bronze which is when I did my first run through on quest checking. I also hope they have the same difficulty rating all the way through.

The only way I could see the difficulty of a quest changing is if the character is below the minimum level for the difficulty and area. Though I'm sure someone would of noticed it by now. I have a feeling that the difficulty rating of quests is hard-coded.

I saw Scrappy McSlap's question on Bargaining Mastery with lujate's link to wiki's Item Quality vs EP and Bargaining and noticed it was missing the link to Llama8's original explanation in the Skills/MF section. Remembering that I had the original page from the Sacred 2 forums bookmarked, I was able to link back to Llama8's original post.

External link added.

For further reference:

Antitrust's post link http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=56777

Llama8's post link http://forum.sacred2.com/showpost.php?p=530358&postcount=111

In other news, I'm almost done my test run in Gold difficulty to determine if the Survivalist achievement on 360 is achievable on that difficulty. I'm not going to invest the time to determine if it is attainable in higher difficulties after this unless I run into some grave misfortune in the last leg of Gold difficulty.

Edited by snacksmoto

re: is xbox360 achievement Survivalist attainable on Gold Difficulty

Completed the Gold difficulty campaign without a death. However, this necessitated acquiring a death in Silver difficulty.

Survivalist is not achievable in Gold for the Xbox360.

I had a sneaking suspicion that this was the case because there is already a death against the character from Silver difficulty but I wanted to test the wording of the achievement description. It could have been misconstrued as "You completed the campaign with a Hero who never died (on that particular campaign run.)" Since you can't play Gold difficulty without first finishing Silver, you'll finish Bronze/Silver with either the achievement or deaths against.

After a marathon gaming session and a grueling day on the wiki, I have every Cursed Forest chain/side quest done, except for "Dratted little beasts". Despite my best efforts, all I know about that quest is that the CM patch makes it a DM-only quest. I assume since I am playing vanilla Ice and Blood I should be able to do it. Problem is I cannot find even a shred of evidence indicating where it starts.

I think after the Cursed Forest, I am going to start working on the remaining class quests. Does anyone have a preference as to which one I start with?

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates