Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the Boss Map of Ancaria isn't working. It says I don't have permission to view it.

Here's a link: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Boss_Map_of_Ancaria

Boss map was combined with Map of Ancaria, so when the general map was moved from maplib to the wiki itself, the boss map was left behind. This page is obsolete now, but I'm not the one to decide what to do with it.

I really like the existing camera pic in Forest of Thousand Eyes but would prefer it to have the standard border. Can someone tell me how to do that when the pic uses a standard URL, instead of Image wiki tag I am familiar with?

The way to add the frame border is to find the image link and type:

{{S2frame|

or in this case maybe

{{IBframe|

before the link and

}}

after it. In this case it would be:

{{S2frame|http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/quests/IceBlood/cursed/eyes/eyesvszombie.jpg|left}}

It is also a good idea to add

<br clear="both" />

after the frame code inside the walkthrough.

But the trouble is that this image is too big. I don't know any way to make the wiki resize it to the appropriate size, so maybe you would have to just save this image to your computer and re-upload it. That way may be better, since it also allows to categorize this image properly.

I gave it a go, and it seemed to turn out OK.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working at the Faust chain and Hunt for Rats at the same time. Just did the main page for the chain (since it doesn't require to write the Detailed Walkthrough), then I'll switch to the rats (hopefully later today), then return to Faust and write up the chain parts.

Nice work Silver, lol and you inspired a small party of editors on the Wiki yesterday with Mystic and Zeno. Great pix for the new quest Witching About ^^

LOL great party :drinks:

Great you like the pics. Just added some literature so the quest writeup is finished now: Witching About.

Got a few more of the quests in the Cursed Forest chain spruced up.

I'm glad you were able to get those quests Lujate. I remember when Schot first put the pages up, it was exciting that quest with those enormous XP awarded finally chronicled in the wiki. Your touchups make the pages shine.

Just added some literature so the quest writeup is finished now: Witching About.

Witching's a nice quest. It "makes sense" about her being captured in the dark forest while she was away to gather more magical components for her business.

Just int time before her becoming the main course!

:chef:

gogo

I finally finished the Hunt for Rats quest. It took me more time than I expected because I was very busy this weekend. I have more time now, so I'll make pages for the rats' NPCs tomorrow and then move back to writing up Faust chain parts.

On the other note, it's very nice to see the wiki alive and well again. With all of you making new edits every day I never would be out of pages to check!

Edited by Silver_fox

Silver, that is one of the most entertaining write-ups I've read yet on the wiki for quests! lol, I was actually having TV playing when I first started it, but the tone you used in the walkthrough drew me in, I had to click off the other screen and dig into this chronicle of the rats.

You found a great balance of personal tone, story-book commentary, all topped up with a first class guide for the fans.

Thanks for your time here on this

+++

:thumbsup:

gogo

Thank you very much, gogo. I'm just doing what I can do with these pages and I'm glad if you like the outcome.

I finished the NPCs for the Hunt for Rats quest, so all links on the quest page are now blue. Sadly, I have no more time for the wiki now, so Faust writeups will wait until tomorrow.

I took a little break from quests and spent some time with item pages.

Fixed Sopor Aethernis set page. A test chest that was used to take pictures of this set was broken and because of this some items' names and bonuses got mixed up. So I re-uploaded the pics that were broken. Also added a new full set pic with updated v120 textures.

Also made a page for one more unique - a Well-worn Hat (its item modifiers suit the name - definitely not the best hat in game, though not the worst one either).

This is a great note you put in:

Chance to find valuables modifier requires Enhanced Perception

Is this the case for all uniques or set items that have this mod? That the skill EP has to be picked for it to be active? I'd forgotten about that, and in fact think it's an excellent note to add, which I could do.

:)

gogo

Just finished The Worst Ghosts quest.

I have a doubt about Witching About quest though: the quest enemies here are "Goblin" and "Kobold". They are not created in the Bestiary with those names (note their portrait are goblin archers, see images), and doubt if they should. Also see they have ZERO for their armor and damage stats! I never saw that before.

kobold.png

goblin.png

Is this the case for all uniques or set items that have this mod? That the skill EP has to be picked for it to be active? I'd forgotten about that, and in fact think it's an excellent note to add, which I could do.

Definitely not for all of them. There are two ways to identify the items that do require EP skill to activate the modifier:

1. If Chance to find valuables is a yellow modifier (example - Mormorin's Sash) is does not require EP. If it's a blue modifier (like on the Well-worn Hat), it usually does require EP.

2. Check the item modifying skill, which is listed under the item level. If this line says Modifier: "Armor Lore", than no bonuses on this item require EP. But if it says Modifier: "Enhanced Perception", than this item is our client.

The same applies to Experience per kill, by the way - it can be a yellow modifier, or a blue modifier that requires EP.

I have a doubt about Witching About quest though: the quest enemies here are "Goblin" and "Kobold". They are not created in the Bestiary with those names (note their portrait are goblin archers, see images), and doubt if they should. Also see they have ZERO for their armor and damage stats! I never saw that before.

If they appear specially for the quest and their names are different from the usual name of their enemy type, or their stats are specific, than they should have bestiary pages. In this case, they should have them. Usually these enemies are called 'Goblin Archer', not 'Goblin' or 'Kobold', and their stats are totally specific. By the way, ZERO damage and/or armour is quite a common thing for quest enemies (which never occures for non-quest enemies). For Example:

HE-EvilMage-Stats.jpg

HE-Spy-Stats.jpg

Inquisition_Guard_Monastery_stats.jpg

Edited by Silver_fox

Thank you for that, Silver. I thought I was going crazy, as I had seen lots of 0 Armour and/or 0 Damage enemies as well... but on console, it could've been a glitch. Now I believe that they were quest enemies.

Oh, and the egg in the Nameless Guardians' chamber ;)

Thanks for that explanation, Silver :agreed: I guess I never put my attention on that before, cuz I'd say is the first time I realize about those zero stats.

I'm dealing with some more quests for the northern part of artamark. I think that Wolves Furs for Angar quest and A New Hope chainquest are the only remaining.

I've just started with the chainquest, and the two first parts are already done: The Fish Delivery and A Bag of Peas. I'll continue with the rest of parts in this chainquest, then do the Wolves Furs for Angar (I got the screenshots for all them so probably this weekend will get finished).

Added main hub page: A New Hope

Added 3rd chapter: Back to Maweran

Added 4th chapter: The Retreat Area

Added 5th chapter: Lady Mirwiell

Added 6th chapter: The Clerk's Plan

Edited by Zeno

Starting a new project today on the wiki, involving refurbishing the text and info in all the Combat Art pages. A couple sections are missing writing or are not clearly defined, so it'll be more of a cleaning up project than anything else. :)

Wow, this is splendid wiki work that's hit the pages! Lujate, and Zeno, the reads are fantastic, lol, I have been looking forward to more Ancarian Adventures in the morning as I drink my coffee rushing off to work.

And Mystix's latest project is timing beautifully with your new edits of the writing on the CA pages, Ryan. The new images for Combat Arts are spot on, and the combined videos with that may start another Sacred 2 rush for players! Cathy, nice work putting in the prose from the screen shots into the wiki pages, that's a huge project ^^ And we have a new contributor to the database...welcome Ygdrad to Wiki World!

:)

gogo

Me added pages for most of NPCs involved in those quests. Check it out at Whisperwood NPC listing.

Tomorrow I'll continue with pirate bay and crag rock, which have a couple more of NPCs.

I keep going on with quests and NPC pages. The last ones I added are A Growing Danger and Sports Can Be Hazardous to Your Health, and most of the NPCs involved in these quests as well as the other quests I added recently (A new hope chainquest, furs for angar, etc.).

Next one will be Sickle Moon Wool, as I already have its screenshots taken; then I'll move to a another random place in artamark :)

I keep going on with quests and NPC pages. The last ones I added are A Growing Danger and Sports Can Be Hazardous to Your Health, and most of the NPCs involved in these quests as well as the other quests I added recently (A new hope chainquest, furs for angar, etc.).

Next one will be Sickle Moon Wool, as I already have its screenshots taken; then I'll move to a another random place in artamark :)

Artamark is being filled in quite nicely Zeno.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates