Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Zeno, is everything okay? Health first, friend, give Wiki a serious back seat if you're not feeling well

:)

gogo

Don't panic, nothing ugly. I just took a small scheduled surgery, but it will be a bit annoying for the next couple of days. Actually I feel well, but it hurts depending on the position I'm laying, that's all :)

After putting in and correcting (Why were some terms right and some wrong?) the German terms for Combat Arts, I've also done a little design change. I have started to change the style from list to table, because I think it's easier to compare like this. Before I continue, however, I'd like some feedback. If you think it looks good, I'll finish the work, else I will revert to the previous version =)

Talking about German translations: Is there a possibility to translate entire pages to have a German version?

Hi Liloe!

The change looks great, you're right, it's much easier to make comparisons when they're formatted like that.

And great if you want to translate some of the pages into German. A very high percentage of the Wiki's readers are coming to us from Germany, but they are using Google to translate the pages. We've had a few different language translators come and use Schot's wiki tool to set up new language pages, the link to it is here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/9302-sacredwikiorg-now-supports-multiple-languages/

Good luck!

gogo

Hi Liloe!

The change looks great, you're right, it's much easier to make comparisons when they're formatted like that.

Done for most, the others need a bit of preformating ;)

And great if you want to translate some of the pages into German. A very high percentage of the Wiki's readers are coming to us from Germany, but they are using Google to translate the pages. We've had a few different language translators come and use Schot's wiki tool to set up new language pages, the link to it is here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/9302-sacredwikiorg-now-supports-multiple-languages/

Thanks a lot =) For this to work I will need to do a lot of pretranslation, though, because otherwise there will be a totally empty German wiki and that's just bad ;)

I just did a check. There's currently no Easter Egg page made for the Wiki for LOTR

:o

Lujate, if you want you can start a new Egg page on the Easter Egg page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Easter_Eggs

My search pulled up a nice discussion of some findings by members referencing LOTR in Sacred 2 as well in DarkMatters here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/18245-sacred-2-downloads-the-second-ring/

gogo

I added a LOTR Easter Egg page. I didn't have time to find an image, but I will try to remember to find one when I have time.

Wrote up the new CM Patch quest, The Root of all Evil, which replaces the last quest in the Ephrahim's Nightmare chain quest. As well as the new boss Shelob and the Legendary Spider's Bane, which are both part of the new quest.

Looks great! I moved the page to expanded acronym Lord of the Rings and changed links leading to it. We finally have a Lord of the Rings page for Easter Eggs, thanks Lujate.

I will (if noone else does) bring in more links to LOTR to your new page over the weekend as well.

gogo

Looks great! I moved the page to expanded acronym Lord of the Rings and changed links leading to it. We finally have a Lord of the Rings page for Easter Eggs, thanks Lujate.

I will (if noone else does) bring in more links to LOTR to your new page over the weekend as well.

gogo

I added the pic and the other references that I found.

Long time no see, guys. But now I'm back and I'm going to stay.

It's nice to see that all of you are still active and the wiki still grows.

Since I happened to appear right when the new CM was issued, I'm going to gather some info about its new content. I already noticed an article about a new boss (that was really fast), so this new feature is described (by the way, are you sure that this new quest is a replacement of the old one? It was meant to be an addition... looks like this quest needs more testing). Now I'm gathering some info about various new items that appeared in this new patch.

I just made a page for a new Dual Wielding set Remnants of Drizzt. The next page would be for the blowpipe based set called 'Memories of the Trees' (I've got the pictures already, now I need to process them and put them on a page). Hopefully, this page will be up tomorrow.

By the way, when I saw a new page for LOTR easter eggs, I remembered a discussion we had in The Second Ring Download thread some time ago. Maybe it can be an addition to the newly created easter egg page.

Edited by Silver_fox

Regarding Ephrahim's Nightmare, I just ran the non-CM version, and there are more changes than I thought. It looks like the CM patch merged Erie Forest and Heavy Burden, and then added the new quest. Any suggestions on how to write that up?

When I added the LOTR page, I did a search and added all that references that I thought were reasonable. Feel free to add any that I missed.

The best way to write the quest that was changed with CM depends on how much was changed. If they simply merged two quests together, it'd be enough to add a note on the first quest page saying something like 'In CM-patch this quest also includes the events of <name of the second quest>. You can read about them here:' and put a link to the original page of the second quest (which became a second part). If the events themselves weren't changed and their order is the same, there's no need to double the description of these events. But if the quest became significatly different, it'd be better to create a separate page for a CM version.

On a side note, I'm done with the Memories of the Trees set. Now I'm planning to gather more info about a new Sigil feature and write something about these items.

• 2 weeks later...

Desecrated Gods - Forens is done.

I have the text up for the next TG class quest, Verification. There are a lot of images, so that will take me a while to get them all uploaded.

I ran into a small snag that is delaying my TG progress. I am having a difference of opinion with the Gar Colossus. I want him to die, but he refuses. I am working on bringing him over to my way of thinking. ;)

a small snag that is delaying my TG progress. I am having a difference of opinion with the Gar Colossus. I want him to die, but he refuses. I am working on bringing him over to my way of thinking. ;)

Keep at him. He's stubborn^^

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred:Attributes/de now exists. Due to limited time, I've decided to make a step-by-step translation, instead of uploading a huge package.

Looks great Liloe, finally great having German pages in the Wiki like this, fitting that it's starting with first Sacred. Thanks

gogo

a small snag that is delaying my TG progress. I am having a difference of opinion with the Gar Colossus. I want him to die, but he refuses. I am working on bringing him over to my way of thinking. ;)

Keep at him. He's stubborn^^

He saw the light this morning. The Seraphim and HE have me spoiled, I am not used to having to work so hard.

I have most of the images for Verification uploaded. I will wait a couple of days for the server shuffling to settle down before uploading the rest.

ah, you saw the notice ^^ Apparently this new Semi-Dedicated we're going to be getting is gonna be one of the stronger setups offered by MDD Hosting. He was looking at some of our usage, and especially when the thumbnailing is drawing tremendous power from the CPU, we're going to be breathing a lot easier, and in less time... lol no more waiting while eating dinner!

:lol:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Odds and ends on Wiki last two days, I'm cleaning up a bit the huge content on the Combat Art pages. Acronym expansion, links, light formatting.

Here to again thanks Silver for the great work on that new set page

Remnants of Drizzt!

Kaballah, is back too^^

More edits by our most famous inventor of the Sariel Thong Princess Flying Tank Mage Guide!

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates