Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I know that quest! That jungle run is one of most traversed for me, and I keep having to hear that man's wails over and over.

Thanks for saving him Lujate!

:D

gogo

p.s. how did the upload/thumbnailing of quest images go... with our new servers is it a less painful experience?

Tomorrow I'm testing this new server... must be heaven not need to go for a coffee while uploading stuff... :whistle:

By the way, I've uploaded/posted new SWIE update with some fixes and (few) new stuff. Should it be added to the tools section in the download pages?

I'll try to finish chapter 2 side quests asap... at the moment I'm a bit busy ... ehm... building an ice high elf (thx guys for the guide)! I just love killing zillions of kobolds in a row!! It's funneeeeeeeeee!! :evil:

Zeno, great seeing you back! :hugs:

I'm hoping you won't have time to get coffee before the functions work for Wiki, we've harnessed some real horsepower these days for us, looking forward to your shakedown.

Tools section of downloads sounds great, thanks, this will give easier access for community to use re your updates.

Yeah, the Ice High Elf is pretty amazing huh ^^

:)

gogo

Zeno, great seeing you back!

Tools section of downloads sounds great, thanks, this will give easier access for community to use re your updates.

Actually I wasn't away... just got nothing to say :P

Btw, a download button is always much more attractive than an ugly link. Should I send you something? Should I build an installer (it's not required to run a single exe file but can be done)?

Let me know about it!

Cheers,

Zeno

Hi folks! I've tried today to upload new stuff to the wiki, in this case data for the Punishment for the Traitor quest. I'm happy to report that everything looks like faster, but during 10 minutes things went really bad (maybe a snail speed spell was cast on the server? =P). Note I had several SQL errors after the page reloaded, and this also happened earlier the same day. Anyway, things became better afterwards and I finished editing the page without any more incidents (ThxGod!). That was 10 minutes ago, aprox.

End of report. :crazy:

Zeno, everything seems to be working great except the creating of image thumbnails. That takes a while and throws an error, although for me it has always worked despite the error.

Zeno, everything seems to be working great except the creating of image thumbnails. That takes a while and throws an error, although for me it has always worked despite the error.

That fits exactly with my browser's behaviour yesterday while working in the wiki. Sometimes threw an SQL error, but the preview was ok; images uploaded fine (2 to 10 seconds each), but any time I pressed the preview button while editing in the quest page, the server just became sick :Just_Cuz_21:

Cheers

hey all as promised I updated the dragon mage sets for both bronze and silver, just have pyx to do and the christmas set but have also to do a little testing with old saves to see if there is a difference with some of them.

I will have a look at the seraphim sets that I have plus a few of the other pieces that I have for others to see what I can do.

I am gonna also look at a few missing quests from the crystal plain as there is a couple not complete.

All might take a while as I dont get to play as much as I would like but when I have the time I will get what I can done.

Evil

edit

Ok got a level 60 christmas set for dragon mage looked at it on both bronze and silver and will update soon just need to work out how to get a good screenshot of it as I keep seeming to get a nice black screen oh well ill work it out sooner or later.

Edited by EvilScotsman

Not a problem, just finished the christmas set for the dragon mage.

I have a thing about set items and collecting them from other games too, its just a shame my wifes pc fried as she had alot of set items for an inquisitor, but oh well maybe we will have to re run a couple of new guys to see what we can get.

Just glad to help tbh I have time on my hands alot so just glad to be of help :)

Evil

I have the next TG quest, Trojans complete.

Good read, Lujate

One of the pix you used was a close up of the TG's wheel as he was crossing the bridge. For me, it lent a kind of artistic direction to this quest telling with that variation in perspectives for the pix

a nice touch

gogo

p.s. I hope the images are not killing you for time to process?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the next TG quest, Trojans complete.

Is there a mistyped image link on that page or is one of the uploaded pics broken?

Unfortunately it is missing. :(

My MO is to write up the quest and then work up the images. When I got to the images, that one was not in the folder.

I just finished the CM quest, Ancient Secrets. I also created an Easter Egg page for the Highlander references in that quest. I tried a couple of times, but could not get an acceptable pic to go on the Easter Egg main page.

I just got to reading both your contributions, Lujate. The quest writeup is, as usual, detailed. But I especially loved the Highlander Easter Egg page, it's one of my favorite movie concepts, thank you!

gogo

Interesting find about chain-casting Divine Protection. I, like most other players, assumed that it was no longer possible. So it is possible, just incredibly more difficult. Good find!

I have finished the TG class quest. Probably resume the DM or start the Dryad next.

I have finished the TG class quest. Probably resume the DM or start the Dryad next.

lol you know I had never read this chain before

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:A_New_Creation

it's very interesting, specially as the Temple Guardians are so close to the base story line. Thanks for your new write up Lujate.

gogo

Kudos to lujate, Zeno and Silver-Fox (apologies to anyone I omitted) for your continuing excellent work on the wiki. The quests is such an important part of the wiki and it's sooooo huge. I'm amazed at the determination and perseverance all of you have displayed.

Been so busy at work, and to be honest, was totally burnt out. But starting to get that wiki bug itching me. There was a small pet project I had been thinking of doing for a long time, but I never seemed to get around to doing it. Work will be normal during December so I might just finally do it. It's nothing important to the game or wiki....more like a background info project. But it ties into what I like doing most - taking pics :D

Welcome back, Knuckles! It's really great to see you again and I'm looking forward to your new project. Your pages are always interesting to look at and they are a great source of inspiration for me. It's also good to hear that you finally have some time to rest and do the things you like to do. Switching to another activity is proven to be a good way to rest, but please try not to exhaust yourself.

I wasn't exactly active recently (I have to admit that I wasn't active at all), but now I have an opportunity to return. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more things for the wiki and to finally finish the pages I promised you long time ago.

Knuckles, welcome back to the Wiki bah! I was hoping if you'd ever be able to escape and claw your way back, and yes, images are high impact stuffs, I'm excited about how another new project of yours will come out.

Silver!

I was hoping to see you come to this topic again, and...dom dom dom...did you catch the topic we put together regarding that sword set you put into Wiki?

New Sacred 2 Set - Remnants of Drizzt Presented by Silver Fox for CM Patch!

gogo

Thank you for showing me this thread, gogo (and for starting it too). I wasn't on the boards when it came out, so I missed it. I'm not going to revive it today, but maybe we will have another opportunity to remember Drizzt's set when I post the chest with it. I was going to upload a chest with all sets from v130, but never got to it as I needed to hunt down some more Sigils.

I'm sorry for not showing up for some time, but my real life was quite complicated this autumn. It was in September when I faced a nasty monster known as Chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm dealing with this thing for three years already, but usually I manage to keep a safe distance from it. However, this summer I had to work hard and overworked myself, so the CFS monster was able to get closer and turn me into a zombie (well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but when you constanly feel tired and under the weather, when you are braindead and unwilling to do a thing, you're quite close to being a zombie). As a result, I had to spend two months dealing with docs and swallowing up health potions. Now I'm feeling more or less alive, so I'm going to be more active. However, I still find it hard to motivate myself, so you would probably have to kick me from time to time if you want to see the things done. OK, rant is over, going back to the wiki stuff.

As I'm still not feeling well (it would probably take me one more month to recover), I would prefer picture-heavy projects over text-heavy ones. I'm planning to get all the Sigils and make pages for Sigil sets as my current wiki project. I started doing it back in September, but put it on hold. Now is the time to resume working on it.

Take your time Silver! I'm just happy you're feeling some better, and have posted some words. The wiki's gonna be here for a while, for most of us it's a simple hobby project, something to do to relax, and spend some time on.

Chill, relax, reinvorate! You always have tackled some of the most writing intensive as well as graphic intensive stuff in the database, I can understand how it would get to fatiguing, hoping more rest will do you ever better!

:hugs:

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates