Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

yeah when you click on one it shows the other one,its annoying,if you managed to fix it

zgold thanks,

it's because the dragon mage link and the shadow warrior links were going to the same page; solution was to link the dragon mage (because the shadow warrior's helmet already had a page called Helmet of Insanity) to a page with a slightly different name whilst keeping the visible link text the same, so the dragon mage now links to a page called Helmet of Insanity (DM).

Hey guys moooooooooooorning...early am again...just can't seem to sleep in :)

Zgold, thanks for the help with that page... I've rewritten that Helmet of Insanity page out so as to avoid acronym in a title page for better wiki searches, and, dom dom dom... I think I got to all the new pages that mister Strawberry donut has added to the wiki this morning for the Dragon Mage uniques!

:(

I'm gonna play a few hours, and then head back in and see about filling in some of those red links for the item modifier pages.

:)

gogo

Hey guys moooooooooooorning...early am again...just can't seem to sleep in :P

Zgold, thanks for the help with that page... I've rewritten that Helmet of Insanity page out so as to avoid acronym in a title page for better wiki searches, and, dom dom dom... I think I got to all the new pages that mister Strawberry donut has added to the wiki this morning for the Dragon Mage uniques!

I'm gonna play a few hours, and then head back in and see about filling in some of those red links for the item modifier pages.

gogo

Morning...well, afternoon here :P

Have fun playing gogo - looking forward to those item mod pages :)

Overhauled info for:

* Thwarted Attack Plans

* The Center of Power

Added info for:

* Duel! (shadow & light versions)

* The Dragon Mage (shadow & light versions)

* Alchemy? It's all Chemistry!

* All or Nothing

* Brothers in Arms

Edit:

Added info for:

* A Second Task

* Sudden and Unexpected

* Deciphering

* Investigations

* Occulus Mechanicus

So far the Dragon Mage blue chain quests are showing no variation between light and shadow paths (just if anyone wonders why both lists on the wiki link to the same guides)

Added info for:

* Shirka Alana

* DeElfici I - The Promissory Note (light version)

An interesting note - the Snow Rabbit in the old 'Can Christmas Still be Saved?' chain of quests talks about having 170 children...as does the Easter Bunny in later updates of the game. Could they be the same rabbit? :(

Anyone know if holding Alt down whilst you were over a piece of equipment used to show which values are modified by any modifiers before Ice and Blood?

Added info for:

* Relatives (shadow & light versions)

Edited by ZGold
An interesting note - the Snow Rabbit in the old 'Can Christmas Still be Saved?' chain of quests talks about having 170 children...as does the Easter Bunny in later updates of the game. Could they be the same rabbit? :)

That's probably what we programmers call reusable code :4rofl:

Btw, ZGold roolz! You're unstoppable! heheh

Anyway, I've managed to get some times for a couple of places more. Now there are only 7 place pages missing in Tyr Lysia. It's getting closer ... :P

Cheers!

Zeno :bye:

Edited by Zeno

Added info about console and PC version differences to have a lot of info on the same page. Feel free to contribute or edit:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...and_PC_versions

A quick request, if new equipment is added to the wiki, can we put a note "ice & blood only" for new equipment that can only be found in the expansion?

Edited by ka243

Beautiful, I just saw your work... you're a quick writer too ^^

Regarding the new ice and blood,we're looking at a note... we're going to make a category listing at the bottom, so that if anyone sees a weapon, they'll know off the bat by looking at the bottom whether it's from last patch or not.

gogo

Is there a system to automatically make text in the wiki that is the same as a page name link automatically to that page? Ex: if we type alchemy in an article, the word would automatically be a link to the article named 'alchemy'?

Schot has created code that does this really fast and well. There are buttons in your edit page, one is titled s1, the other Sacred 2... just high light the word you want to create an inside link to in the wiki, click, and it will link it if that page is already created.... the link will manifest in blue if already there, red if not.

Use the Sacred 2 button to create pages for Fallen Angel, as it creates them in it's own Sacred 2 name space.

Cheers!

:bounce:

gogo

EDIT: There are two functionalities involved here...

1. The way the link looks (The actual word the reader will see/read when perceiving the link.
  2. What page of the wiki the link links to

We can rewrite the way links look that a reader sees as any word or phrase, and, as well, have them link to any page in the wiki by editing that part of the code that schot put in as a shortcut.

An interesting note - the Snow Rabbit in the old 'Can Christmas Still be Saved?' chain of quests talks about having 170 children...as does the Easter Bunny in later updates of the game. Could they be the same rabbit? :)

That's probably what we programmers call reusable code :4rofl:

Btw, ZGold roolz! You're unstoppable! heheh

Anyway, I've managed to get some times for a couple of places more. Now there are only 7 place pages missing in Tyr Lysia. It's getting closer ... :)

Cheers!

Zeno :bye:

If it was anything but a conversation box I'd agree with you, but since I highly doubt that conversation in Sacred 2 is that dynamic (typically all dialogue is listed in its own file/s with line references to put the correct conversation in the correct place) this programmer (yes, I have a degree in games programming :P) is going to call it subtle reference... if I was feeling less charitable I'd call it lack of imagination ;)

Going to be away most of this week (just in case anyone notices a lack of posts/work on the wiki :lol:)

Have a great time away, Zgold, we'll miss you on wiki, but will look forward to your return :) I had a lot of fun on Sacred Wiki yesterday... after more than seven hundred edits... we now have this:

Put in Schot's code for frames into the uniques listing:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ge_Unique_Armor

Copied out almost all the item modifiers into their own pages:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...nku%27s_Bracers

Have begun reconciling item modifiers with the new links being put into the uniques pages:

Run Speed

Life leeched per hit

I have also begun to cross-reference all the uniques' item modifiers per item modifier page so that we are now going to be able to produce listings of uniques per item mod page.

Item modifiers pages so far are bare-bones, but as we begin to get more of the meat and bones framework in, we can begin contacting the game mechanics experts to help us with the intricacies.

;)

gogo

Following a discussion about attack speed, put some notions in sword weapons about animation speed for different weapon types at equivalent attack speed. See discussion here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=12910&hl=

Wiki page here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...d_Weapons#Types

We could do the same thing with other tables but I wanted to see what you all think first.

Admittedly this would be prettier in a table format like the one zinsho(?) made for ranged weapons: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Ranged_Weapons

But I'm no good at tables.

Something like this would be cool for all weapon skills.

Another neat thing to include in tables like this would be usual modifiers that come on weapon certain types like ignore armor for daggers- and perhaps to have it all in one spot for all weapons in addition to or instead of on the weapon lore pages.

Speaking of tables, did anyone notice that the sum of the characters beginning stats is not the same (at all?) High elf has total of 142 stats and shadow warrior has 150 if I counted right. That would be an interesting extra column to add to the stats table.

It would also be very cool to give players an idea on this page of max base HP at level 100 &/or 200 for each character class with 0 constitution and 0 extra points in vitality. This should be easy to test with a test character but I can't do it because I don't have the PC version. The number would have to be adjusted for equivalent survival bonus (ex: 95% or 0 survival bonus). IMHO this number is even more interesting than starting HP which varies little.

Both these columns should be added imho to the stats table on this page:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Attributes

Edited by ka243

Regarding sword weapons, it's good information...only thing is the current sword weapons page is showing up as sword weapons as skill, while others like "energy pistols" because they don't have the same skill name as their grouping get their own page for weapon groupings and stats.

We'll see about putting up a new page for sword weapons as well which will have all the groupings for swords, their names, skins and the stats you're bringing in, then we can transport the information you put into sword weapons skill page to sword weapons stats and groupings page.

gogo

just added the shadow warrior legendary-legend to wiki,I'll be updating the seraphim unique armor page once I

sort out the pics,I'd totally forgot to do it sorry to seraphim fans,

nice work on the frames around the unique armors :)

That's an great weapon wraith, but I wish there were Leech Life% on it instead as I haven't seen any unique/set/legendary with it yet.

LL% is something that is much needed on the items in Ice and Blood with all these nasty critters.

yeah its Ice and Blood im afraid ka243,I've put a note on it when you click the name,maybe should of put it on the actual start pic

Gogo said "we're going to make a category listing at the bottom, so that if anyone sees a weapon, they'll know off the bat by looking at the bottom whether it's from last patch or not." I guess the easiest way to identify items in this category quickly would be to look at the date they were added? Otherwise thats going to be quite a bit of manual work.

kal'durs legacy(now unique) still has life leech% on it,its still one of my fav's to duel wield,your right about those

critters in Ice and Blood my Shadow Warrior has had loads of deaths in cursed forest so I'll switch back to kal'durs I think

thats good news ka,even I get confused with Ice and Blood and previous patch items

Edited by wraithking

Sweet new info guys. As you can see, all of us are overloaded with Wiki work at the moment. We`ll try to get those categories for the ice and blood weps soon as possible.

btw, wraith, like the frames around your weps :) Schot`s cool frame technology in action, with my sweat and blood dripped on them after a crazy weekend of edits

:sweat:

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates