Retro Games

Post any old games you picked up again recently! :(

I ordered a classic a while ago, installed it yesterday... Still good fun.

What game? Well... Don't shoot me....

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON

:D

omg that's insanely attractive and addictive to me you know. I framed the list of trains that come with Railroad Tycoon 3.

If I'm not lacking space in my room I would have gotten real models of the trains. :D

Ok I will raise you with

Rome: Total war

Well........ I have been hopelessly addicted to NWN over the last month.

I bought it when it was first released in 2002 but for some reason I didn't play too much of it at that time.

Now I'm loving it.......expansions and all :hugs:

stubbs

Wierd, I was discussing these earlier with I friend I didn't know was into them until today...

Imperialism will always have a place in my heart, as will dungeon keeper, settlers III, warcraft II, Diablo (not the terrible (in comparison) sequel)

Civilisations II, Command and Conquer, and Heroes of Might and Magic III

and finally The entire Myst series, even if only the first two are "retro" at the moment

~Doom

EDIT: Wait Rome TW is old?! ok then thats on the list with worms, warcraft III shogun total war sacred :hugs: X-Wing Alliance, Black and White I & II and populous the beginning

Most of my games are retro it seems...

Edited by TimOfDoom

hmmm...retro games...

Sacred?

heh, on a more serious note, I'd have to think about this... you know, there's a whole summer to kill off before Sacred 2 gets here... maybe I should dish out and see what's in the bargain bin ^^

gogo

Diablo (not the terrible (in comparison) sequel)

Really tim:)!

I loved the original, but I also loved D2.

I admit when I first played the D2 demo I was not all that impressed (unlike when I first played D1 and was completely blown away). :D

Because of that I didn't buy the game till a couple of years after it was released, but then I got totally hooked.

Guess its all a matter of taste :D

stubbs

I have to echo the love of Age of Empires(Loved #1, the expansion...#2, the expansion, age of mythology...the expansion, ages 3 and yep both expansions) command and conquers are great. I actually went to install it no too long ago but it was too old for my cpu :D Also both Diablos are great. Will we ever see a Diablo 3, someone could easily be rakin in millions on that title! And I can never get away from Star Trek birth of the federation and I'll always dust off any of the PS2 Grand Theft's....btw IV is just around the corner *goes to buy a PS3*

Also I'm somewhat ashamed ta say I recently re-played Final Fantasy 12 again and *cough* logged over *cough* 105 hours :D

Real Old School? Sega Genesis: Streets of Rage series, Golden Axe, and Phantasy Star series for RPG action and nothing beats Mortal Kombat Trilogy for a fighter (Saturn/PS1/n64)

Oh come on if its not new its old. Its not like the gaming world has a thousand year history. :D

Anyway, another one.

Alpha Centauri

2 more Dungeon Keeper II and Caeser III

Diablo (not the terrible (in comparison) sequel)

Really tim:)!

I loved the original, but I also loved D2.

I admit when I first played the D2 demo I was not all that impressed (unlike when I first played D1 and was completely blown away). :D

Because of that I didn't buy the game till a couple of years after it was released, but then I got totally hooked.

Guess its all a matter of taste :D

stubbs

I have fun playing it and like the game (hence why its in comparison) but it lacks the atmosphere, flexible quests, storyline, and gothic graphics of the original, among other things.

As I said,I still enjoy playing it though.

:4rofl:

~Doom

P.S. I'm gonna go play the frist now, lol!

Edited by TimOfDoom
Real Old School? Sega Genesis: Streets of Rage series, Golden Axe, and Phantasy Star series for RPG action (Saturn/PS1/n64)

Phantasy Star... Did that come out for Genesis as well? I think I remember spending a small fortune (lol, at that time) for the game...and was hooked on it for months...the game was huge, and was very indepth for Genesis at the time. I may even have the old Genesis lying around somewhere...maybe it's time to dust it off and see if it's still good.

gogo

I recently picked up a CD of games at a car boot sale for 50p and oh wow! Sega Genesis emulator for the PC with every game ever produced for it! :woot:

All 3 Streets of Rage

All 3 Road Rash

All 6 Sonic games

All 4 Phantasy Star

All 3 Shining Force

Might and Magic 1,2&3

Flashback

All together over 200 games that I can now emulate on my PC!

What's more, it is Freeware!

Can't find time to eat or sleep anymore! :P

Edited by podgie_bear
I recently picked up a CD of games at a car boot sale for 50p and oh wow! Sega Genesis emulator for the PC with every game ever produced for it! :woot:

arr........are those things legal? :P

Don't want to seem like the net police, but I would have thought there was some sort of copyright violation on a cd that was sold with emulations?

Sorry.......I will disappear back to the dark corner and not say another thing ;)

stubbs

Stubbie,

I can only assume it is legal, if it is marked as freeware. Trouble is, how can anyone know what is legal or not these days? Everything seems to be getting so complicated. I mean if I produce such a CD it might be illegal, but if Microsoft produced the same CD, it would probably be legal.

So what the hell. It says it's freeware and I'll just have to trust that is right, after all, I'm no expert in copyright law!

I've posted my current retro session of Wing Commander 2-5. Now if you folks want to get REALLY retro, there were many games that I played for the Atari 800 system including the SSI game that got me hooked on RPGs - Eternal Dagger.

Post any old games you picked up again recently! :)

are you asking for a specific period/era like the early 90's or just 'old' like what I played 1 day or month or year ago?

I never had an amiga or comodore for example, although when I was a rly young boy I have seen some a few times.. they were still common for daily office-work back then :)

however, I first started to play games when my bro got his first PC, I think an Intel P2 200Mhz or so..?

later, I got my first PC too: an old Intel P 60 :)

so my first, and now (some of them even back then already) 'old' games I can remember that I have played sometime in my youth, are:

KKND2: Krossfire

Age of Empires 1-2

Monkey Island 1-3

Myst

Apache Longbow

Heroes of Might and Magic 1-3

Need for Speed II SE (actually I played that on our family machine we got a bit later, a 'tuned' and a 'bit' faster AMD K6 Oc'ed @350Mhz with a Vodoo 3 2000 or so)

Half Life

Unreal

I also played a nice bunch of DOS games which I just can't remember what their names were..

but I do remember my rly, very very first PC games I ever played:

Minesweeper :D ..and Hoover, it was my very first '3D' game I have seen ; I think it was on the Win95 or '98 Install Disk..

there are tons of other 'old' or 'classic' games I have played since then, can't remember them all by now.

also, I remember how excited I was back then, when I made my first experiences with this, a so called PC :)

training my mouse-skills, by using MS Paint and such etc, besides my first games.. ah.. these days are long gone but never forgotten now.

no game, no new PC could bring back those feelings, Sacred was the last one in early '04 where I just felt like 'wow'

but alright, now I have to stop beeing nostalgic :)

So long, greetings RL

PS: since u asked for what old games I picked up recently: none... but now I feel like I want to :) (too bad I dont have most of them anymore)

Edited by Rotluchs

Panzer general 1 & 2, oh and Europa 1400 great politics game with an addon of production :D btw if u want retro go to abandonia.com or the Home of the underdogs, they have so many abandonware it's gorgeous , everything your looking for is there.

I reinstalled Wolfenstien 3d last week from the ONE FLOPPY DISK it came on. Then I had to find a soundblaster emulator program to have sound while I played. The xp windows drivers wont work for dos only games anymore ;-) I think the emulator program was bigger than the files for wolfenstien.