Kamikaze Sunday! First Generation

Things are in motion and our first journey has been set!

As is the custom of the Kamikaze Sunday event it is of a casual one where folks looking for a bit of fun with companions can get together at the same time once a week. Kamikaze Sundays are made up of generations of the event and each generation is essentially the duration of the event that took place from the start, level 1, to the finish, (Level 140 or when participants vote on a restart). Generations in Sacred 1 tended to last about 4-6 weeks. Each generation has it's own topic so that participants can post about the ongoings, gags, tragedies, pics, videos and so on. It's a way of storytelling the happenings of the event and believe me there will be plenty to tell. Some pretty crazy stuff always seems to happen in this event! :)

A little heads up on how the event will begin each week. Through experience in the Kamikaze Sundays of Sacred UW we learned that a bit of preparation time was needed before the event's official time to start. I think I was the worst for that actually, lol. Kamikaze Sundays will officially begin at GMT+0 17:00 BUT the server will be opened 1-2 hours previous to that time so that players can prepare together as it has been for over a year now. I realize this time doesn't work for everyone but the sad fact is that no matter what time is chosen someone will be in bed while we're playing. A second time is under consideration though. :)

The most complicated part of the Kamikaze in Sacred 2 will be how we manage to make Shadow and Light players able to enjoy the event together. As it stands I only have 2 possible solutions. Either the event will require all participants to choose the Light path or organize participants in such a way that they choose/play either path based on maintaining an equal number of Light and Shadow players who would travel together partied or not. For tomorrow's event I ask that everyone choose Light path. For those who will play Inquisitor who can only choose Shadow we'll see if there is a way to make it work.

Lot's to consider and I think we'll start this one off the same way as it was in Underworld. We'll just see what happens. After a bit of experience with the event in the world of Sacred 2 I'm sure we'll have some solutions.

We're going to need various goodies as is the way of the Kamikaze. Both gogo and Zinsho are already making preparations. To all you filthy rich people out there this is a call out to bring along extra gold to share. Many of us have well established characters but there are likely to be newcomers as well. So for those who are kinda new let's get them set up real nice like. I'll probably do a bunch of shopping with my level 2 trader. Basically we'll be needing level 1-20 stuff. Not too much gold I think. I'm pretty sure 200,000 gold is more than enough to get a character started. If people want to give more than that by all means feel free to donate but keep in mind that player could possibly die a min after receiving gold. Everyone needs runes of course! And then probably the most important is the gear. If anyone plans to shop I would suggest focusing on some things:

Shopping List:

Great Relics

Gear with max number of sockets possible

Jewelry to improve Base Attack Rate and Defense (Not %)

Ranged Weapons (Might be best to start fighting with ranged weapons)

Oh and another thing about Runes and Gold... To get the best from runes I'd suggest that Gold donators try to provide enough gold so that those who need both can afford to convert runes 1:1 +125,000 gold.

Some Basic Rules:

• Must be a level 1 character
  • Please choose Light Path unless you choose Inquisitor
  • Be square don't swear

See you all tomorrow. Kami style! :)

Schot

This is a momentous day! The Sacred 2 Kami starting up! :)

Good luck all be with you there in a 2-3 weeks.

And everyone behave dont give Gogo and Schot to much head acks. :)

WUHUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am soo ready , come on plz go fast last 6 hours.

Got a dual wield dryad, its do or die time.

I go US servers and pass time, see you there ( EU ). :)

Edited by D-molisher
WUHUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am soo ready , come on plz go fast last 6 hours.

Got a dual wield dryad, its do or die time.

I go US servers and pass time, see you there ( EU ). :blink:

talking of US servers, I'll probably stick on those for today and see if I can pick up anyone there that wants to join in.

So I'll start a US server at 5pm GMT too for anyone not on the EU ones and will post up some pics etc of the event (as long as its not just me)

2 hours and 25 mins to go... 3 minutes since I last checked the clock... and that felt like an hour ago -.-

I want it to start... Now! lol

Edited by Putrescine

Welcome to the Weekly Sunday Kamikaze, Jonny!

Yeah, all I wanna do is get started right now...I'm antzeeeeeeeeeeeeee

did you guys notice the countdown clock at the top of the page?

Go Schot Go!

:blink:

gogo

lol, me too! I just popped out of nowhere and came as a surprise to me too. It's a half decent one for now...I'm sure Schot's going to come up with something awesome for us more...

D.a.r.k style!

gogo

awww, no Tel!

:sigh:

We're working hard, hard hard, on that for you and Tomi...

Keep having faith in us...one way or another we'll get you into these Sunday Events...

We promise you guys!

gogo

Whoo! Time is ticking. :blink: I stuck the countdown timer onto the main header so that peeps can see it more easily. Might even keep that lil guy as part of the skin. maybe stick it in a corner somewhere.

Bit of a heads up for today's grand opening. I had initially thought it would be nice to not have a password but on thinking about it this morning I think it might be best to password it. So for today's Kamikaze the password will be "dark". Nice and simple for today however in future events it will change. :)

I'll be setting up the official server in one hour from now so that we can prepare! T-minus 2 hours to mass chaos. :sigh:

P.s.

Awh Telari. You and tomi will be missed. :) We WILL get you there!

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm coming too.

I didn't really have time to play the last few days (I was at my girlfriend's house or either working on my program), but I just noticed that I have plenty of gold (like 20M) on my HE, so I'm coming on the servers right now to share what I have.

Max

For the official opening we're only playing in Silver DaveO. When/if the first server fills up we'll make another Silver. :)

And on that note... Kamkaze Sunday - The Return! is now open. :sigh: Come on in and gear up. This is the hour we get to make trades, discuss and get ready for the official start time. :blink:

For the official opening we're only playing in Silver DaveO. When/if the first server fills up we'll make another Silver. :)

And on that note... Kamkaze Sunday - The Return! is now open. :sigh: Come on in and gear up. This is the hour we get to make trades, discuss and get ready for the official start time. :blink:

Bravo Schot, good for you!

I know how much this event means to you and it's success from Sacred is sure to be enjoyed in Sacred 2. We've all been waiting awhile now, and it's finally here.

As Schot said, the official Sunday Kamikaze is now open... Head on down to Silver where we have gold, runes and mounts all waiting for the participants.

Cheers!

:)

ggo

hheh, it's like a long train/herd of us running along going after small, lowly kobolds...it's hysterical

kamikaze2.jpg

Brad's let us to the Griffin

kami3.jpg

Guess who got kill!

kami4.jpg

gogo

:sigh:

gogo