Movies that make Dudes cry

locolagarto

What?! Dudes cry:) Nonsense. :cry:

Oh ok ok. Well I might have shed a tear or two when Optimus died. *read as:Cried like a baby* I know I've had some other tear jerkers. Have to think more on that. Never watched The Green Mile but heard tons of great stuff about it.

Probably the most significant movie in my life. Go figure, heh.

What?! Dudes cry:) Nonsense. :P

Oh ok ok. Well I might have shed a tear or two when Optimus died. *read as:Cried like a baby* I know I've had some other tear jerkers. Have to think more on that. Never watched The Green Mile but heard tons of great stuff about it.

Probably the most significant movie in my life. Go figure, heh.

Beleve it or not its a guy movie. Tom Hanks is awesome, and Michael Duncan Clark does a great job.

Rudy,

at the end when the whole stadium all starts chanting his name and he gets put into the game. Then he makes a tackle and the whole place just erupts.

That ending just makes my water table rise.

• 1 year later...

2009 Animation Movie up, was the closest that any movie brought me to tears :cry: . When Ellie dies and he is all alone, and how she is the only inspiration he needs at first, but he later starts liking Russel and appreciates him on the whole journey, and they save each other. it was a great movie!

Forrest Gump, when Jenny tells him they have a son, where Forrest wants to know if he's smart. It kinda shows that he acknowledges he's mentally handicapped. It doesn't sound sad, but Tom Hanks is an acting God, and he pulls it off.

Well, dudes don't cry............but I'll admit to being 'moved' on the odd occation ! :tongue:

The film that had a lump in me throat was The Killing Fields. A truely awesome film. Right at the end, when the journalist meets up with his long lost guide, and they play the Imagine song by John Lennon...........I'll admit, I was a wee bit emotional.

Deer Hunter was also close to this.

Steve. :)

Forrest Gump, when Jenny tells him they have a son, where Forrest wants to know if he's smart. It kinda shows that he acknowledges he's mentally handicapped. It doesn't sound sad, but Tom Hanks is an acting God, and he pulls it off.

Oh yes, Forrest Gump was a brilliant movie!

"TELL ME GUMP! ARE YOU STUPID!?!

'Stupid is as stupid does sir'

brilliant!

I am the odd one out ! Everyone I know loved Forrest Gump, but I just couldn't take to it. I watched it a couple of times, but no go.

I agree about it being sad though, especially towards the end of the film.

Forrest Gump...

I was LMAO through most of the film, until the end. Then I just sat there stupified. Great film, but I never want to see it again.

This may come across as a little strange, but The Lion King, when simbas father mufasa dies and simba blames himself...:'(

Ah, yes.

I saw that movie in the theatre when it came out.

I thought it was the saddest moment in film, and I guess I cried a little.

But hey, I was 6 years old.

I guess the most moving part in any movie I've seen lately is the wedding scene from braveheart when the British soldiers comes to claim the bride.

The whole slow motion and the music makes it a touching moment for sure.

Movies that make men cry because it was THAT emotional, or movies that make men cry because they wasted two hours of their life watching it? If it's the latter, I can name a number of them. >=3

Seriously, though, while I haven't actually cried in any film, I can also say I've been moved... there was Wall-E thanks to a couple of scenes in there where I did find it moving, and then there's Up with the whole scene in the beginning. And the one that made me feel sick? Grave of the Fireflies.

Artificial Intelligence (AI) - was the one movie I genuinely cried during the movie... but it was 18 or 20 months after my mother had passed on, and the context of the movie got to me at that time (the little boy seeing his mommy again).

There have been plenty of movies that evoked powerful emotions... but none hit "home" the way AI did at that time in my life.

On a completely related side note: One other... er... disc has had teardrops rolling down my cheeks (albeit in a completely different way): Robot Chicken

Well there sure are some. I'd vouch Lion King to be one of 'em too. Though I was about 7 or so when I saw it. As for "normal" movies, I tend to get less moved than animes and such. Could say I'm a real sucker for 'em.

Though, to be honest, there were some scenes in the LoTR-trilogy that made me cry a little.