Some songs are just that.

Epic

Here are a few of mine, if you've got some post em up.

Here we go

Porcelain-> Moby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP4TVU1vJdw

Bitter Sweet Symphony-> The Verve

Protection-> Massive Attack

What makes them epic?

Sweep, range, vision, enthralling sonic reach....

heh, I don't know...but I just know they are!

My heart swells up and I get a smile a mile wide every time I hear these tunes play.

Bless you youtube

:P

gogo

woah

how cool

I mean, I know all those songs, but I guess my own idea of epic is so different from yours.

Fascinating!

:tongue:

gogo

p.s. awwwww, no links? tsk tsk :P

The ultimate "epic" song

Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull

A 45 minute ode to rock.

(sorry, no link though)

edited by gogoblender: for ds glad friends...anything :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PcX_D5Z_CA

Re Edit by Gial: guess I got lucky then, as I play a fortress WE -- not a ds glad. One too many tonight, gogo?

Oooooh. Lovin the Groove. My all time fave for any form of music goes to:

Groove Armada - Superstylin'

I first heard this on the radio/walkman while on my recently purchased superstylin', rock shockin mountain bike trekking through the streets of montreal. As soon as the the drums exploded in my ears I burst into rip roaring ride that not even the local taxi dared interupt. At one point a car caught me off guard by stopping suddenly. No where else to go I had to slam the breaks and turn away causing me to skid sideways about 7 meters. What a rush! :)

I stoped putting songs into my cell.

I discovered that I never answer the phone unless its that annoying ring ring tone. :D

Katran get off my phone! LOL I love that song too and I had it on my phone till it got deleted :D

I was around 14 or 15 when I first heard this song and it really touched me. hehe got past 37 now and I still love this song :4rofl:

Pink Floyd...Comfortably Numb (from the Wall) This is one of those that I listen to rarely and I need to be in a very particular mood to listen to it.

Cinematic Orchestra ---All that you give I adore this...lets just snuggle up and chill hehe

Theres lots more but thats enough for now :bow:

I totally agree with Helloween there!

I have one, I knows there more but this one just pops into my head every time I think epic,

Blue Oyster Cult -Dont Fear the Reaper :pitcher: (This was the best youtube I could find, sound wise LOL)

Ill add more as I remember them, (Runs for the bar for coffee!!) :drunkards:

GOLDEN

house of the rising sun

paint it black

clubbed to death

welcome to the jungle

open your eyes

Some you might not know, but are absolute favs of mine:

hearts grow - yura yura (Japanese, it's the 9th opening theme from the anime Naruto)

lustra - scotty doesn't know (watch Eurotrip xD)

nada surf - popular

slipknot - duality (the only slipknot song I like)

THE most beautiful trance song ever:

Last edit: I just had to post a vid from one of the best Hardcore DJ's ever: 3 Steps Ahead.

Peter-Paul Pigmans, RIP. (31st January 1961 - 27th August 2003). He died of cancer.

3 Steps Ahead - Delicious

The vid is about 10 yrs old but the music still is great. :drunkards:

Edited by Timotheus
I totally agree with Helloween there!

I have one, I knows there more but this one just pops into my head every time I think epic,

Blue Oyster Cult -Dont Fear the Reaper :4rofl: (This was the best youtube I could find, sound wise LOL)

Ill add more as I remember them, (Runs for the bar for coffee!!) :3lmao:

I was looking for a good copy my self last week. Talk about a good song. ;):whistle: A classic :D

• 1 month later...
THE most beautiful trance song ever:

Barber's Adagio for Strings - Ferry Corsten remix

I just love that song. Remix is nice too, but I love the choir version the most (if anyone ever played Homeworld, I'm sure you remeber the moment when mother ship was leaving the docks... damn, it was just... too good ;P).

Blue Oyster Cult -Dont Fear the Reaper - sounds soft, nice ;D

open your eyes - yeeee.

house of the rising sun - heard that too. ;D

Epic songs you say...

Land of Confusion

by:

In Flames (some strange video, tho).

Genesis ;-)

Disturbed My favorite.

Next, since I'm Metallica fan:

Nothing Else Matters

The Unnamed Feeling

The Unforgiven

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow guys how did I miss this thread. Music is my favorite thing in the entire world... more than video games, and that's a far cry right? Heck I'm part of 4 forums just for this one game.... probably just like the rest of you :agreed:

My favorite artist is Dustin Kensrue right now. It use to be Thrice, and he's the lead singer of Thrice... but he released a solo album that is unbelievable. So he replaced the whole band as my favorite artist... two of my favorite songs from him:

Thrice:

Deadbolt This is an older one

Off there newest CD....

Stare at the Sun One of their best songs... middle of their career.

They are just amazing, I can't really explain it. I've been to like 6 concerts for them, I still get butterflies when I hear the songs. Is that enough of a reason for them to be epic?

Ok so enough about them. Other Epics:

Don't fear the reaper has made it up here a couple times, I whole-heartedly agree. Also, the SNL skit was hilarious.

Everything you Want by Vertical Horizon.

Maggie May by Rod Stewart.

Iris by the GooGoo Dolls.

I may have taken this too far. Sorry if I did... feel free to edit away admins :blink:

Aaron Lewis - Outside (acoustic)

This guy got people crying at the end, and if you listen carefully to the lyrics... well its deep man.

I got a random shuffle playlist of several hundred numbers... but whenever this one plays, I get quiet for just a moment. The amazing vocals, and backed up with a perfect guiter play.

This moves people, including me, and in the end, thats what music is all about IMHO.

some might not like it, others will love it, great thing about music

prOm :P

Aaron Lewis - Outside (acoustic)

This guy got people crying at the end, and if you listen carefully to the lyrics... well its deep man.

I got a random shuffle playlist of several hundred numbers... but whenever this one plays, I get quiet for just a moment. The amazing vocals, and backed up with a perfect guiter play.

This moves people, including me, and in the end, thats what music is all about IMHO.

some might not like it, others will love it, great thing about music

prOm :3lmao:

Oh this is one of my favorites, Ive been listening to it a lot lately in my mellow grunge mix. It is definitely epic!!

Oh here is another that could be as well I cant find the acoustic version on Youtube though. Those seem to hold the most power for me with all the emotion that drives them.. Bush - Comedown

Actually, on my Bizkit Trip, I gotta share a nice one as well :)

This is an evergreenish Cutie to me, and has always been:

Limp Bizkit - Re-Arranged

I just love the Guitar & Bass Guitar, Drums are nice as well. And in this Piece, that Base Cap Guy shows, that he can sing as well :4rofl:

But I hate.. I absolutely, totally f*beep*in hate the Scratching Idiot.. I'd just love to shot this Donkey :3lmao:

And

is one of my absolute Alltime Favourites. I just love it to Death.. in Fact, every Song of this Band before '93 :paladin:

for all the pearl jam fans. This is the live version of BLACK and this specific track was used on the best of acoustic cd

it is without a doubt the best live version of black I have ever heard, and I have heard quite a few

Pearl Jam - Black

Aaron lewis (staind vocals) made a black cover aswell... I very much like it, but It couldn't possibly beat the PJ one tough. But I figured I'd post both since both are EPIC beyond any reasonable form of doubt

Aaron Lewis - Black (acoustic cover)

this one might possibly be my very favourite song ever! I encourage all fans of 90's grunge/rock fans to listen to this if U haven't allready. It has deep lyrics, probably the most unique vocals in the world, absolutely shocking good baselines and drums. And the guitar notes to end each part of the lyrics, is just defining for the song...

What I feel when I hear this song cannot be written ... just listen for yourself. it is EPIC!

Edited by promatolya