Adding new images to SacredWiki Bestiary

Don't see an Edit button anywhere...When I look at the source files I get this comment

To create and add content to this page, please register at DarkMatters.org and send a request to an Administrator to be given wiki contributor permission.

I'm logging in with same id/password as forum

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to add pics.

I changed one title from "Sailor of Bluestone Buccaneers" to Sailor of Bluestone Pirates" and I think I broke the link :)

Not sure how to fix.

New pix are aWESOME, goodjob!

Easy to add to the entire page....just go to top of teh entire page, not he ones along the side for each entry... you will then see the long listing of all the dif entries... you can then add your new entry into that list by using the same format as the others.

:)

gogo

The links are red because there is no page there. Click edit at top of page and you can compare the code that you have put in page to one just above it to compare.

It can be triucky here...there is an edit button on right and one on top..one on right will only give you edit access to one enemy. Edit at top of page will give you complete access to entire page and let you move, add or remove entire enemy listings.

:drool:

gogo

Ah you got it Knuckles. Just one more tiny step. Copy the code you made for that enemy, click on red link, paste, then preview. You'll see a nice preview of the pirate's info. When you paste something into a red link page you are in effect creating the page. A page does not exist until after content has been saved into it. Making the red link as you did could be seen as a doorway that leads to the creation page for that page name. :drool:

For actual enemy pages, not enemy type pages, you can leave out the:

== [[Sacred 2:Sailor of the Bluestone Pirates|Sailor of the Bluestone Pirates]] ==

and add at the bottom:

[[Category:Sacred 2 Enemies in Ancaria|A]]
[[Category:Sacred 2 High Elf Enemy|A]]

Notice the letter A in those links. A represents the first letter in the enemy's name. It's to allow alphabetization so you'll need to change that letter for each enemy. Of course most of them are already done.

Cool thx Schot, slowly getting the hang of it :drool:

When I add a new enemy, do I have to place it alphabetically or does the Wiki automatically do it. Just curious

Agreed Dragon. That Knuckles has a good eye. Love the action captures. :)

I was about to post more but then I saw you had made some more changes Knuckles. Not so slow at all. :) On enemy type pages like Traps, High Elf Enemy and the like yes, we need to place them manually in alphabetical order.

Something that you asked for that didn't occur to me when you asked is about us wanting pics a certain way. I mentioned tips about the enemy pics but forgot we had adjusted our standard for the stats boxes. Most of the stats box images have not been updated so they don't provide the best example. The Demon page however is the most recent so it displays best what we're striving for now. It's a simple crop really. I adjusted one of yours so you could see the difference.

On the Traps page I changed one of your Cannon stats pages. You can compare the difference by looking at Traps version vs Cannon version.

Trap-Cannon-Stats.jpg . vs . Trap-Cannon-Stats-1.jpg

In your resolution it looks like 390 pixels by 160 pixels would be perfect.

Lookin great. :drool:

P.s.

I cropped your cannon stats image from within Photobucket by the way. Just so you know that Photobucket has that feature. VERY convenient.

Yes you did Schot :drool:

Got another question. For example, I have the same enemy with different weapons, or same enemy both sexes. I would like to have both examples listed. can you give me a quick tutorial on that? Also enemy Champions are sometimes the same model as the regular one. I'm sure the stats are different so I didn't now if I should list 2 stat boxes with one pic, or make 2 separate entries.

Got about 30 updated, mostly High Elf so far. I've left the old pics on Photobucket. Just let me know if you want me to remove the old ones as I go or is that something you would rather do.

HOllee mollee knuckles... great job. That page really wasn't one of my favorites before because I could never really see any of the detail on the pirates...but your new godzilla comp has pulled out exquisite details!

Only thing is, for enemies that have more than one skin, we move them into the page itself instead of leaving them on the index. This way the index runs clean at one pic per enemy running down the index with multiple pix , extra info, details etc all drilling down on the second page:

For example on the index you can see that Sailor of the Bluestone Pirates has two pix on it. You can take one of the images off that page so it runs as one enemy per entry on the index and then insert that extra pic on the Sailor of he Bluestone Pirate page itself:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...uestone_Pirates

Again, great work

:agreed:

gogo

np...I can fix those after work today

Glad you like the pics :agreed:

Edit: Fixed a few. Forgot to add new pics to the page itself (just have in index) so I have quite a few to re-do. Will probably get some new stat pics as a few aren't the best quality. One question though. How do you want me to treat Champion versions of enemies? Separate entry or same entry with own stat and enemy pic?