This is sad news. Lady Penelope, from Clan DA, one of the earliest players from the HC community from years ago in Sacred has passed away. She was battling cancer for a long while. I know a lot of us here from years past have played with her and must remember the energy and Sacred HC spirit she was a part of. I remember her for her life leech builds, beautiful seraphims and her jokes on the server, while always asking me if I needed runes.

We had a lot of great times

:4rofl:

I'm going to miss you Penny

:D

gogo

Sad news indeed, have read alot of posts over at SIF she's written and from what I've read she was caring about fellow players and will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace.

This came as a real shock to me and I'm still at a loss for words that I feel would best describe what Penny's passing means to me. She was a big part of the Sacred community during it's infancy and long after. She was a distinctive member among us fans and I am very saddened in the fact that never again will a Penny post appear on the forums. That her presence can never again be interacted with. Condolences to Steve, her husband, as well as to the rest of her family and friends. I'll always remember how she would often say "hun". I found her use of it endearing. :4rofl:

On the whole I never got to know Penny on what could be said as an intimate level but I did enjoy the part of herself that she brought to the community. A community's reputation after all comes from it's participants and I know that the Sacred community has enjoyed a reputation of nobility and justice for many years. It's something I'm proud to be a part of and it's thanx to everyone who's in it.

In truth the most shocking of this news is that I never really imagined that anyone from our vast community would leave. I guess all the gaming I've done has given me a sort of Never never land illusion within the Sacred community. That everyone will be here forever to play. In some ways it's sad but the fact of the matter is that we are experiencing a unique existence here at FDM and other places where anyone can come to play. All ages. Where 12 year olds are mucking about on the servers with 80 year olds. It's a wonderful existence that brings with it much enlightenment but can also have a price. That we might grow to know, play with, create with and then lose in a very short time.

On that note and the passing of a very memorable lady... Thanx for the great times and everything you gave Penny. It's going to be quite different reading your old posts now that you're gone.

Brad

:4rofl:

don't know what to say right now...

I will always remember the good times we had on the servers, her activities on the forum and for the community, everything..

always wondered ever since the general sacred1/uw era ended, were she went and how she was doing..

deepest sympathy...

rest in peace dear penny, we'll miss you

James

Edited by Rotluchs

Steve (8inch, Penny's husband) messaged me the very sad news a few days ago. I was taken aback so much that it took me a couple of days to post about it at Clan DA, and then the SIF. Even though I knew she was battling cancer for almost a year, I always thought that Pen could beat it, she was such a strong person. Penny was larger than life to many many Sacred players, right from the early days of 2004, before she came to us at Clan DA I had the pleasure of spending long hours gaming with Penny and Steve. Penny was much loved by everyone who knew her. Penny's persona will remain on the clan DA roster for as long as we survive. Rest in peace Penny luv.

My condolences to her family and friends :)

I'm going to miss her....One of the 'Original Gang' from the beginning of S1, she was always there to bring a smile whether it was in game or on the forum. I got to know Penny quite well, or as well as one can on-line. All the times we spent playing with her and Steve. Just hard for me to put in words the sense of loss I feel right now. Wish I could write how I feel and show the true affection and love I have for her.

All I can say is, I'm really going to miss her and her 'hugs'

Rest in Peace Penny, and my thoughts and prayers and support to you Steve

Damn this is a real shock. I remember Penny from back in the old S1 days and even in Sacred 2. She was such a nice person always pleasant to talk to.

Had no clue she was fighting cancer.

She will be dearly missed. :)

The first time lady P called me 'hun' in game I was taken completely by surprise. I only had the pleasure of meeting her a very few times. P, you are missed by all you ever met.

Love and peace to you and your family.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to meet Penelope. However, it is always a very hard thing to deal with when someone you love and cherish passes away. My sincere condolences to her husband and family in what must be a very difficult time for them.