hi there guys. I've been lurking a lot on this forum lately and I've finally decided to register and be a part of it... NEW YORK, NEW YOOORK! :P

I'm 13, my name is stefan (pronounced "shtefun"... lol it reads real awful... just call me by my forum nickname will ya :P) and I'm from romania. I'm mainly into RPGs, but the sacred saga's been an exception to the rule - I love it! my favorite chapter is sacred 1 (you know, schniepel...) though I enjoy the 2nd one as well.

anyway, DarkMatters' been real helpful to me... lots of useful char builds and stuff. the info about the orc cave was pretty sweet. though I was expecting more of a challenge, a level 33 BFG seraphim can clear it in about 8 seconds :P nevertheless, great stuff.

well, whatever, I hope I enjoy my stay here and I wish you all the best. greetz

BEST NIC EVER

:hugs:

Man, that first episode of this game sure had style!

Great having you here on the boards with us Nita, thanks for the intro, and have fun here on the boards with our wild and crazy bunch.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:crazy:

gogo

Welcome aboard!

I spent many hours in the Orc Cave on my ps3 doing research, but never got close to an 8 second clearing time. What level were the orcs?

I was actually trying to find a video with the goblin saying it on Youtube... alas... :(

That game had THE best lines...I know a lot of Germans didn't think so and had complained, but for us, who don't speak German, the word Schniepel, the first time I heard it, and in that manner, was just very humorous!

:)

gogo

German thread about the possible meaning of Schniepel had 3 possible answers:

1) An old PC game "Woodruf and the Schnibble of Azimuth" which had goblins.

2) A white tie

Spy_Delacouur.jpg

3) The part of a young boys anatomy which is hanging downwards like the rear part of a Schniepel cloth. It's usage is mainly for very young boys at an age when it was tolerated that kids were running around naked at a hot summer in old times.

Old GSF thread:

http://forum.sacred2.de/archive/index.php/t-64261.html

The Schniepel in an etymological disctionary:

http://germazope.uni-trier.de/Projekte/WBB2009/DWB/wbgui_py?lemid=GA00001

It reads that Schniepel has the meaning of white tie.

CHATTIUS's very own explaining:

Clicking with your fingers would be 'mit den Fingern schnippen' in german. You do the same finger movement with a small knife when cutting green beans. This sort of cutting is called schnippeln in german. The difference between a white tie (german frack) and a Smoking is that some white tie have a triangle piece cut away (weggeschnippelt) in its rear, so that it has 2 'wings' hanging down. Because of the similiar look of this hanging wings and the bodypart the later got one more nick to its already existing thousands ones.

haha, you got it wrong :) you see, in romania we put or last name before our first name... like, if I were called John Smith my name would appear like Smith John in things like official documents. it's pretty confusing if you don't know this stuff... whatever, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hello and welcome, Stefan! Enjoy your stay! This is a great place to be as you have already found out and as always if you have any questions ask away. :D

I guess I'm gonna have to go back and play the first one after I finish this one. I'm probably the only one who hasn't played it...lol I am curious about what things in the first one you all liked better than in the current UK Ice and Blood CM patch one.

@gogo or others, if there is a thread about this that I missed would one of you send me the link please. I'm really wanna know what you all think.

Glad you've joined us. Have a wonderful time!

(hmmm maybe I should start a thread titled You know you are a Sacred junkie when.......lol since already I've managed to fill two rather thick notebooks with stats, builds, etc. and am contemplating getting another for the overflow...lol) :twitch:

Welcome aboard!

I spent many hours in the Orc Cave on my ps3 doing research, but never got close to an 8 second clearing time. What level were the orcs?

don't quite remember. I was level 33, though I don't remember my survival bonus. so they were either level 33 or level 34. since that seraphim spent so little time in combat, I doubt I ever went beyond the 1 enemy level increase. mind you though, I had a lot of niobium level 3 avenger's signet rings socketed in. those thingies give you +7.5% xp and around +6.5% dmg (I don't remember for sure) each.

it was really easy since I killed them all in 2 shots with my left click, and if they got to form a compact mob I would just Archangel's Wrath and kill 2 or three, if not all of them.

what char were you using?

Edited by schniepel!

A tad late, but anyways, welcome to the one of the most friendliest corners of the interwebs. ^^

Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Oh, and bout the name; Japanese has the same system. Know it from my hobbies of Nippon. Could be confusing, if one doesn't know it. :P

"Buuuuurn in the fires of damnation!" :lol:

Oh, god... now I have to hear that here? Man I hate those guys. Well, not them so much as that horrible saying :4rofl:

Repent worm!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :oooo:

Your death shall purify your corrupt souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul.... :gun2:

//Back on-topic\\

Welcome to the boards, goblin-eater... er I mean Schniepel... please do not eat at your PC while reading my posts.

You have been warned :mafia:

:D

"Buuuuurn in the fires of damnation!" :lol:

zomgod, forgot that quote...

Schot, we need to have it play every time presses What's New at DarkMatters!

:4rofl:

gogo