The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Well, got a pic of the lightsaber...it shows up in your logbook as a reward before the quest gets finished :) So I dont know how much of the quest you actually need to do to get it, but meh :)

lightsaber.jpg

Also, czevak or marcus, is the name of the lightsaber random? I assume so because I dont think you've cracked the global.res file yet...any closer? How bout the mods on the lightsaber...I assume you selected those...reflect projectiles, +willpower, deep wounds... :)

PS....nice lightsaber sound effects :bounce:

Also, the patch changelist mentioned gold lightsabers from bosses...does that mean gold blades or unique lightsabers?

Hah chance to reflect projectiles. That reminds me of Star Wars even more :)

Thanks for the picture DB :)

Also, czevak or marcus, is the name of the lightsaber random? I assume so because I dont think you've cracked the global.res file yet...any closer? How bout the mods on the lightsaber...I assume you selected those...reflect projectiles, +willpower, deep wounds... :bounce:

Yes, name and colour are random. The mods are set separately.

About the global.res:

Yes, we've made progress (thanks to pedro and dimitriy), but we're still not able to generate a new, edited file. And we've to deal with more than one or two languages, so this takes things to a new level.

CU Marcus

Hah chance to reflect projectiles. That reminds me of Star Wars even more :lol:

Hehe...yes this bonus is Hand-selected. I just thought it ought to have it. :)

The gold unique sabers have random boni, selected from two customized lightsaber specific bonusgroups. Collect em all. :D

Hah chance to reflect projectiles. That reminds me of Star Wars even more :lol:

Hehe...yes this bonus is Hand-selected. I just thought it ought to have it. :)

The gold unique sabers have random boni, selected from two customized lightsaber specific bonusgroups. Collect em all. :D

Then it should block close combat as well don't you think so? ^^

lumen god power: in addition to its normal working it works as a sort of minibuff. It has an extra effect lasting for 3 minutes: adding it's ca level to intelligence.

Do you think it is a good idea to make god powers a bit more useful this way?

Which mini-buffs you would like to see for lumen, testa? God powers which have lasting effects already can't have a mini-buff in addition. At least I do not know how to add.

What about each god adds to a different stat? 6 gods, 6 stats/attributes (and most of them are useful)...

Hey, czevak, I remember this coming up before. With the unlock items, are they meant to drop as legendaries or uniques, because they are legendaries for me...I think you wanted them to be unique didnt you?

Yes, this came up once, but I did not find a particular reason for it. All testdrops I did, went into the unique faction.

Please do tell me the following:

Did the unlock items drop as regular drop for you, or did you "unlock" them with the codes?

On what difficulty, level etc. did this happen?

On another note: There is a small bug in v0090 causing the magic hiding places to disappear from the game. I am working on it and it will be corrected with 0100. Thats a promise. :)

Edited by czevak
Hey, czevak, I remember this coming up before. With the unlock items, are they meant to drop as legendaries or uniques, because they are legendaries for me...I think you wanted them to be unique didnt you?

Yes, this came up once, but I did not find a particular reason for it. All testdrops I did, went into the unique faction.

Please do tell me the following:

Did the unlock items drop as regular drop for you, or did you "unlock" them with the codes?

On what difficulty, level etc. did this happen?

On another note: There is a small bug in v0090 causing the magic hiding places to disappear from the game. I am working on it and it will be corrected with 0100. Thats a promise. :chef:

It was a random drop against the guardians, in gold with an increased droprate so that I wouldnt have to wait...I was trying to find a random lightsaber :sick:

It was a random drop against the guardians, in gold with an increased droprate so that I wouldnt have to wait...I was trying to find a random lightsaber :sick:

Against what guardian? :chef:

I don't remember to make a guardian drop a lightsaber...

CU Marcus

It was a random drop against the guardians, in gold with an increased droprate so that I wouldnt have to wait...I was trying to find a random lightsaber :)

CU Marcus

I think DB was referring to the Unlockable Weapons. He was farming the Guardians hoping to get a lightsaber, but ended up getting an Unlockable.

I think?

I remain, :sick:

It was a random drop against the guardians, in gold with an increased droprate so that I wouldnt have to wait...I was trying to find a random lightsaber :)

CU Marcus

I think DB was referring to the Unlockable Weapons. He was farming the Guardians hoping to get a lightsaber, but ended up getting an Unlockable.

I think?

I remain, :sick:

Yep, etherian has it right :) I was farming the nameless guardians in an attempt to find a random lightsaber or any of the sets/uniques that you guys have implemented. In doing so the unlock items were dropping as uniques. Me having upped the drop rates wouldn't have effected this would it?

No, but I put in a random unique lightsaber with high quiality constraint. This means it should only be dropped by very high dangerclass bosses and creatures.

(Well there is always some infinitesimal low chance to find an legendary or unique in a barrel or chest, so it might be found elsewhere occasionally.)

On the unlockables: Thank you for this information. I don't think altering the dropchances per balance.txt affects the item quality. There is something strange about those unlockables. I will re-open the bugtrack on those, then.

Edited by czevak
No, but I put in a random unique lightsaber with high quiality constraint. This means it should only be dropped by very high dangerclass bosses and creatures.

Oh... now... yes... an island! :D

Also, I found one of those random unique seraphim shields and It had bonus for grim resilience. I assume thats not meant to happen?

Meh...I guess there is a random bonus in there and the modifier got selected from the shield-bonus randomlist. I guess I should change that. :)

Edit: Are you sure it is a unique shield? If it is the one I think (it looks like it should be part of the endijians set, which it was originally made for), it should be a rare (yellow) one.

Maybe the dropchance setting change affects something after all. o.O

What exactly did you change?

Edited by czevak

Looks like investing in a Bargain char helps. Found first saber ever from the merchant in Dragon isle. And kinda good one too. Also, it was a nice surprise that the Corn Fields quest yields one random saber too. Like a dream come true to dual wield 'em with my seraphim. ^^ And with authentic voices. *cheers!* Only thing that humming voice is starting to get little on my nerves... If it was possible to tone it down even a bit...

Also, I found one of those random unique seraphim shields and It had bonus for grim resilience. I assume thats not meant to happen?

Meh...I guess there is a random bonus in there and the modifier got selected from the shield-bonus randomlist. I guess I should change that. :)

Edit: Are you sure it is a unique shield? If it is the one I think (it looks like it should be part of the endijians set, which it was originally made for), it should be a rare (yellow) one.

Maybe the dropchance setting change affects something after all. o.O

What exactly did you change?

Yeah, sorry, rare/gold shield. I only tweaked overall drop rates, nothing else.

Why do half the fist weapons now require hafted lore? It is nice to give them an alternative but surely if given a choice between an axe & a fist weapon, you would take the axe as they normally do more damage per hit. It just makes it hard when you have sword/dual wield and all you get are fist weapons that want hafted instead.

I also got a seraphim shield with grim resilience on it. See:

hybredserashieldc.jpg

And a light sabre but its not as nice as the one listed:

lightsabrecr.jpg

It too came from the Crop Circles quest but it fell off the Alien.

Why do half the fist weapons now require hafted lore?

It is really only 1/3rd of all fistweapons that get assigned boni from hafted weapons. (The blunt model ones.) The other 2/3rds get either boni from the Shortswords (bladed fistweapons) or 2H Swords (spiked ones) and are thus dependent on their respective lores.

Just keep looking for them. They will drop sooner or later. :D

I will adjust the bonus for the Seraphim shield for the next release. I did not check all random bonuslists for unappropiate boni (there are a lot in there).

I'll change it into a useful defensive bonus for the seraphim.

Any suggestions or whishes for that?

Edited by czevak
I will adjust the bonus for the Seraphim shield for the next release. I did not check all random bonuslists for unappropiate boni (there are a lot in there).

Maybe Energy Shield Absorbtion +xx% ? :D

Maybe Energy Shield Absorbtion +xx% ? :thumbsup:

I'll second that, actually a rather good idea in my opinion.

So wish I could use this mod. I don't have the European version of sacred 2 so no can do for me :(

Is there no way to install the European version of Ice and Blood over the US 2.43 version? I do not think the files are different or did you guys not get all necessary patches?

Edited by czevak

Hi everybody.

Thank you for your hard work on this community patch.

I have one question about the fist weapons.

I have tested yesterday the animations attacks with 8 fist weapon differents (I mean 8 differents skin in inventory) with a seraphim combat arts pelting strikes and assailing somersault.

3 of them got the same animation than 1 handed swords, the 5 that remains have the same animation but it's still different than the unarmed animation with the same combat arts tested.

Is this intended or is this a bug ?

Good luck for the next patchs !