The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

I'd just like to say thanks to all those involved in the CM patch. I finally got around to doing Christmas island again last night (only second time since I started playing back in October 2008) and had a great time.

Poldiano - I have Sacred 2 Gold and the CM patch installs fine for me, having first installed the official patch from the former Ascaron website. I couldn't even get the game running without installing the patch to 2.65.

Yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing this...havent been able to get ingame, let alone onto the servers where I would normaly be. And some pics of the new sets too....pretty please :_

I ran the CM-Patch the other day , patch 100, with an extremely high drop rate. I didnt find a single new set piece. Used my 150 ish SW for this. Which means on most every champion mob I will receive a set piece.

When I fight the Grunwald Dragon I have gotten 6 legendaries from him or his treasure chests.

Are the new SW armor pieces implemented?

I haven't played using the CM Patch but was wondering if you guys did anything with the Skull Rock area. Whatever Ascaron was planning on doing never made it into the release including the cave. Just thought it would be a cool area to fix up if you hadn't done anything yet.

• Like! 1
I haven't played using the CM Patch but was wondering if you guys did anything with the Skull Rock area. Whatever Ascaron was planning on doing never made it into the release including the cave. Just thought it would be a cool area to fix up if you hadn't done anything yet.

Well, let me point at http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16967&view=findpost&p=6908644&hl=&fromsearch=1.

If you've got an idea/story for a quest at Skull Rock, let us know, then we'll see.

CU Marcus

Well, let me point at http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16967&view=findpost&p=6908644&hl=&fromsearch=1.

If you've got an idea/story for a quest at Skull Rock, let us know, then we'll see.

CU Marcus

Oh! That would be pretty sweet. :) It's such a cool location and a shame that nothing special comes of it. Wouldn't it be amazing if it were a secret boss related quest. Could maybe re-use a "Lord" Boss model with different coloring? +1 for creating a quest out of Skull Rock. :D

Hmm. That's the area on the extreme east side of the swamp.. No? I think there's a quest that passes thru there - on the dark side campaign. Seems you have to go kill someone/something there and then return to the quest giver to make them happy.

Hmm. That's the area on the extreme east side of the swamp.. No? I think there's a quest that passes thru there - on the dark side campaign. Seems you have to go kill someone/something there and then return to the quest giver to make them happy.

Yup that's where it is. I don't know about the Shadow Campaign as I haven't done it since the beta but there's nothing there for Freeplay or Light Campaign.

Yup that's where it is. I don't know about the Shadow Campaign as I haven't done it since the beta but there's nothing there for Freeplay or Light Campaign.

Yeah, its just about the first step of the shadow campaign in the swamps, go kill a swamp monster.

Nice pics to loco and wolfie :) Great work by the CM-patch!

Yeah, its just about the first step of the shadow campaign in the swamps, go kill a swamp monster.

Nice pics to loco and wolfie :) Great work by the CM-patch!

Thought as much. It's been a few weeks since I've been through there. So it's not quite as devoid of activity as we once thought.

Are the new SW armor pieces implemented?

Sorry Furian, no new sets for SW so far. We gave priority to Highelve and Seraphim this time, since SW already got two new sets with previous releases.

The new pieces by dimitrius are on the to-do List for v0110. There is some adjusting necessary to make them separate new items instead of modded versions replacing existing ones. :)

Just wanted to thank you for all the interesting things you are doing. Tried the patch on my version. Unlike one of the previos commenters I had no problems with it. All the features I checked so far worked perfectly. The only thing that looked strange is that the Captain in Thylysium was an elf again. Wasn't he supposed to be a kobold?

The only thing I don't understand so far is that whether or not russian translation is available. I would be happy to help you with translation if needed. Just tell me and it'd be finished soon. Unlike my english, my russian is quite good. I downloaded text archives and was surprised to see half the lines translated while others being in english.

P.S. Sorry for my crappy english. I'm good with reading english texts but sadly not with writing. Feel free to correct me.

Edited by Silver_fox

Just wanted to thank you for all the interesting things you are doing. Tried the patch on my version. Unlike one of the previos commenters I had no problems with it. All the features I checked so far worked perfectly. The only thing that looked strange is that the Captain in Thylysium was an elf again. Wasn't he supposed to be a kobold?

The only thing I don't understand so far is that whether or not russian translation is available. I would be happy to help you with translation if needed. Just tell me and it'd be finished soon. Unlike my english, my russian is quite good. I downloaded text archives and was surprised to see half the lines translated while others being in english.

P.S. Sorry for my crappy english. I'm good with reading english texts but sadly not with writing. Feel free to correct me.

Welcome to Dark Matters...!

Don't worry, your english is actually pretty good.

All the features I checked so far worked perfectly. The only thing that looked strange is that the Captain in Thylysium was an elf again. Wasn't he supposed to be a kobold?

The captain is an Elf, the kobald is just around the corner by some boxes.

Actually we need someone to translate the CM-Content to russian, that is why some lines are still english right now.

Thank you so very much for your offer. Marcus will contact you right away.

The only thing I don't understand so far is that whether or not russian translation is available. I would be happy to help you with translation if needed. Just tell me and it'd be finished soon.

Hello Silver_fox, welcome aboard :thumbsupsmiley:

First thing is: Please sign up to our bugtracker http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt

It's easy, you can choose your nick and give the system an email-address to send messages to. You'll become a reporter there by default, so you can see what we're dealing with. You can customize that system to your language. I'll then show you there the texts to be translated by adding your nick as a watcher to those topics.

CU Marcus

And last, but not least, the following lines for the christmas and easter quests have to be completed/extended:

Logbook lines after you talked to the easter bunny

1559058121 The easter bunny told me he has hidden something for me! ...

Logbook lines if you pick up the first egg before talking to the easter bunny

1570601877 I have missed the easter bunny. What a pity.

Logbook lines after you've talked to this little fellow in thylysium about christmas

2392250756 Something is wrong with Christmas. ...

CU Marcus

I'm not sure whether or not you are still open for suggestions, but anyway... Maybe you should add a little description of what the character should do next. Something along the lines of "The easter bunny told me he has hidden something for me! Maybe I should take a look at the Temple." or "Something is wrong with Christmas. Maybe visiting that island would fix it. I should talk to the captain".

That's definitely not the best way to put it. Maybe you would come up with better lines. But the point is to do some reminder. Just in case a player forgot the dialog and quest marker shows no step further.

Had this idea after trying to start the Christmas Quest with different charas. The result was always the same. When I complete the pre-quest called "Christmas delayed" there is no active quest after that. There is no quest marker as well. If I haven't read wiki before trying it, I won't understand that I should talk to the captain next. At least russian text for this quest doesn't say it clear.

Edited by Silver_fox

All the features I checked so far worked perfectly. The only thing that looked strange is that the Captain in Thylysium was an elf again. Wasn't he supposed to be a kobold?

The captain is an Elf, the kobald is just around the corner by some boxes.

True... Tho in 2.43, the captain with the wheel overhead was a Kobold.. No sign of the quest giver - obviously..

Hi everyone, I started playing sacred 2 now and are using the cm-patch v0100, my question is about the lightsabers. Here in the topic is said that now the lightsabers are willpower based, this means that to increase de damage and accuracy of the atacks I have to spend my points in willpower:) If I also use the lightsabers mod, the one that replace the skins of some swords of the game so they look like lightsabers, in this case, the attribute that increase the damage and accuracy of the attacks,of this replaced skins swords, will be strenght right:)

Sorry about the bad english.

Congratulations for the excellent work.

Hi everyone, I started playing sacred 2 now and are using the cm-patch v0100, my question is about the lightsabers. Here in the topic is said that now the lightsabers are willpower based, this means that to increase de damage and accuracy of the atacks I have to spend my points in willpower:) If I also use the lightsabers mod, the one that replace the skins of some swords of the game so they look like lightsabers, in this case, the attribute that increase the damage and accuracy of the attacks,of this replaced skins swords, will be strenght right:)

Sorry about the bad english.

Congratulations for the excellent work.

Depends on how the replacement is done. If it just sets the existing lightsaber itemtypes as itemtype for the swords to be replaced, then it remains willpower. If the mod actually contains renamed GR2 models to replace the models of the swords then they are strength.

I would expect the first case, though.

A big Thanks to all the CM patch team and some good days for Xmas

Sacred 2 is a fantastic game which I enjoy every time I launch it

and it looks even more fantastic with the new UI of the CM patch 0100

xmas3698b81378.jpg

oh crap, something wrong with my link, thanks Marcus

bye

Edit: hmm, excuse-me, I was in total hallucinations but The Merry Xmas is still valable :) ahahaha

Edited by desm

Spent some more time finding features and bugs in community patch. Sadly, I found some bugs with quests. One of them would be reported to the bugtracker. Sorry for reporting the other one there, but I need your help to report it properly. It is about a quest that could be found on the bridge near the Blessed Rock Manor.

Here f99b30209fe4.jpg

It's the one where some outlaws try to intimidate you into giving them money by saying the most typical your-money-or-your-life sentences. It's called 'Robbers' in russian version. Sadly, I couldn't find it in the wiki so I don't know its proper name.

The trouble is that this quest is marked finished in the quest log when the character never took it nor even entered this region. In fact it's just a new character I recently started playing with. A multiplayer one if that matters.

There is also another strange thing with that chara. When I opened the world map I saw some quests marked as failed, when I never fail any quest. Quest log shows all quests as sucessfully completed. But it seems like the map doesn't want to agree.

0556f61a0d30t.jpg

It repeated with another charas no matter whether they were created for single or multiplayer.

ed911d822ef2t.jpg1541b98e1e9ct.jpg

Reported this one to the bugtracker. Sorry for reporting there, but I decided to complete this report since I started it.

I'm not sure wheter or not it is connected, but the typical multiplayer quest-hint that was telling you to enter the world of Ancaria is no longer displayed in the quest log. May it be that another quest somehow got its identifier?

I can't say this things matter a lot for me personally, but I really want to apply community patch to the open-net game I host for my friends. Unlike me they are still new for this game. I really don't want them to be unpleasantly surprised.

Edited by Silver_fox