The Related Word Game - 2017!

A Charlie Brown Christmas  -> favorite

it was! but its a strangely sad one.. I saw it just a wee while ago, and theres no high energy chases or magical sleigh rides in it, just a great story that slowly gathers steam and hits a perfect note at the end

:heart:

gogo

Favourite -> Gammon

One thing I do like about Christmas season is the Gammon... with mustard, honey, pineapple... yum yum yum

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Delta! said:

Favourite -> Gammon

One thing I do like about Christmas season is the Gammon... with mustard, honey, pineapple... yum yum yum

Gammon - favorite ! 
I love that food profile Theuns!
🥳

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Gammon - favorite ! 
I love that food profile Theuns!
🥳

gogo

The whole difference between gammon and Schinken is that Gammon is sold raw and Schinken prepared. So when I have a dead boar and do all the cutting and preparing myself, when turns a Gammon into a Schinken ?  :)

karpfen-blau-rezept,id=4e1b00d7,b=lecker

favorite -> Karpfen Blau (carp blue)

Recipe and picture for trout made blue

https://www.mygermantable.com/blue-trout-forelle-blau/

I promised our au pair to show her how Blaukochen (blue cooking) is done. A x-mas tradition is to do Karpfen Blau at 25th. I have choosen two big carps in the fish ponds and made them swim into a smaller pond with clear water and no food. The taste is finer when all the algae left the carp body. The carp has to be prepared without damaging the slimy skin. Slow boiling in aciding water turns the skin blue. New year it is the more known 'Forelle Blau' (trout blue).

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, chattius said:

The taste is finer when all the algae left the carp body. The carp has to be prepared without damaging the slimy skin. Slow boiling in aciding water turns the skin blue. New year it is the more known 'Forelle Blau' (trout blue).

fascinating food prep.  I was watching a Michelin three star chef preparing a beef tournedos dish with mushrooms, two kinds of sauce/fonds. Huge amount of work, prep and skilled cutting, presentation, astonishes me how much we can extract from cullinary aarts

Karpfen Blau (carp blue) -> Vibrant

:D

gogo

nurses -> sister in law

My brother's wife was medical flight attendant and now is head nurse at airport hospital. We have their kids since after x-mas because she has to run double shifts as is my brother, engineer in water treatment.

• Like! 1

call -> Prosit Neujahr

Till mid january we greet people we see the first time for the new year with a 'Prosit Neujahr' with the meaning: I hope that the new year will be a good one for you. So the wishing is normally in the begin of a new year and not the end of the last.

Kids use seeds of four-leaf clover in advance to have small clover plants ready for new year. The plant is decorated with other little selfmade symbols which are said to bring luck: chimney cleaner, lady bugs, horse-shoes, toadstool ...

Moms, grandparents will be visited if living close the morning of 1st january and the luckbringers for new year handed to them.

a8d531f05b97ab91e0fa39a43ed4ed.jpg

The Latin word comes from the verb "prodesse" (= "to benefit sth/sb", "to be beneficial"). Consequently, "prosit" is the conjugated form (3rd person Singular, Present Subjunctive, Active) and therefore an optative: "To you/ to your health". Like the colloquial "prost", "prosit" was originally used by university students.[28]

• Like! 1